overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 1350   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.92   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 63   EST. CALORIES: 235   ABV: 7.85%
AKA Holiday Ale
AKA Holiday Leftover Ale
AKA Brown Sugar Substitute

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
EvilHomer (1) - Alabama, USA - DEC 19, 2011 does not count
Well for me this was just below Pliny the Elder that I got the chance to guzzle on tap in Estes Park. Didn’t suck that they had Russian River Barrel-Aged Sours way below retail. ... Anyways. This was Mind-Blowingly good and nearly faultless. Huge apricot, mango, coconut, pinesol, lemongrass, basil and lemon oil. It’s just a ridiculous beer out of the blue. Made me open a Rate Beer account.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Lagunitasfan (1321) - San Diego, California, USA - DEC 19, 2011
UPDATED: JAN 14, 2012 12 oz bottle. I was sad to have missed this on tap, but I’ll keep a lookout since I’ve been a (relatively) good boy this year. I was shocked by the light orange, almost pink-tinted pour. I was still lightly under the impression this was going to somehow be a Christmas ale, of the traditional sort. Nose is typical Lagunitas hoppy goodness, with a bit of the typical Lagunitas farmhouse funkiness. The taste has the first burst of hoppiness, but a bunch of livliness and high fruit behind. Bit of Hop Stoopid, bit more of Sumpin Sumpin, and a hint of the "wild". I like it a bunch. The more I drink it, the more I like it. It’s very similar to what Iremember the first batches of Hop Stoopid being.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
SDalkoholic (2201) - Linda Vista, California, USA - DEC 19, 2011
Bottle from BevMo: For the aroma, a danky scent of hops, citrus, pine and perhaps a whiff of medical kush. The liquid is magnificently crystal clear while a thick fluffy pillow of head puffs up instantly and then retreats slowly. The flavor comes across as semi sweet while also being bitter with a thick taste of sticky green hops that are just oozing oils and suggest flavors of pine and citrus fruit juice. Too bad Brown shugga wasn’t being produced this year cuz I always like to drink a bottle around Christmas time, but at least Lagunitas made a new recipe in its place to hold us over.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
DocLock (8246) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 19, 2011
Draft at Capone’s. Poured dark straw with off-white head that retained well. Nose was huge grapefruity hops, with notes of black pepper and tangerine. Tasted hoppy, complex, with the hops bursting off the tongue. This one was a hop lover’s wet dream.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
kassner (1392) - Wexford, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 19, 2011
On tap at fat Heads in Pittsburgh. Not huge in hops but really fresh and complex. Like a really hopped pilsner. golden look, very slightly cloudy with not much head

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
milewide (1653) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - DEC 19, 2011
Pine aroma and taste were outstanding! Solid body and creamy head. Great brew that should be year around!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jredmond (5839) - Manhattan, New York, USA - DEC 19, 2011
Backlog. Might has well start updating these while I’m sober for the next 3 months. Had this a little while back with Pat. Bottle pours slightly hazy yellow golden body with nice white head. Aroma is full of fresh fruit - pineapple, mango, citrus, and a little apricot, great citrus hops and pine notes as well. Mouthfeel is slightly dry, but very refreshing with notes of pine and citrus hops, citrus fruits, pineapple and grapefruit. One of the best Lagunitas.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
LinusStick (2920) - Moon Twp, suburb of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 19, 2011
Wow! My first 4+ beer in a while. This beer was fantastic! Aroma was perfect. At the crack of the bottle (even before pouring) hops exploded into the nose. Once poured, it smelled like sticking your nose into a bag of hop pellets. Strong, grassy and citrusy. You didn’t even have to get close to the glass to smell it. Pour was a near clear medium gold with a thin off white ring for a head. Taste was absolutely delicious. A true West Coast hop bomb that is actually available in my area! From beginning to end there is strong hop flavor. Lemon, grapefruit, grass, hay and slight notes of pepper. There is this underlying sugar sweetness that comes in right before the swallow and stays on the top of the mouth until the aftertaste (which is sharp, soapy and bitter). Note to Lagunitas: PLEASE replace Brown Shugga with this.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
malrubius (1961) - Springfield, Vermont, USA - DEC 19, 2011
On tap at Taproom 307 (and listed as 9.5%). Golden with lasting white head. Pungent yet soft grapefruity pastry floral aroma. Awesome dry subdued fruity pineapple slight biscuit sweetness with very clean and delicious and dry hoppy citrus finish. Fucking excellent.

mattmc1973 (478) - Sterling Heights, Michigan, USA - DEC 18, 2011
First off, this is an IPA, not an American Strong Ale. Anywho...Poured from a bottle into a pint glass. Color is crystal clear gold with minimal head, and bubbles rushing up the side of the glass. Aroma is HUGE - piney resinous hops, citrus, and grass/weeds. Taste is extremely bitter with a nice balancing malt sweetness. Mouthfeel is very crisp and dry. This is a fantastic IPA. I’ve seen the Pliny comparison a lot, but this is the closest I’ve had.