overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 1088   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.94   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 63   EST. CALORIES: 235   ABV: 7.85%
AKA Holiday Ale
AKA Holiday Leftover Ale
AKA Brown Sugar Substitute

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
ippopotamo36 (31) - - APR 5, 2014
Clear and bright yellow! Nose: WOW! Incredible notes of resin, citrus balanced and mixed with bred malts. Amazing mouth: sweetness and tropical fruit but also caramel and fantastic hops! Great!!! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
lambicboy12 (12) - salt lake, Utah, USA - APR 3, 2014
1- Piney aroma with some bitter orange notes. A hint of caramel. 2- Dark straw to light orange with a lacey egg white head. Brilliant clarity. 3- A medium bop bitterness followed by a big hop flavor. Pine tree chewiness. A light caramel sweetness lingers in the background. 4- Medium-full bodied with a medium-high carbonation level. A sticky mouthfeel from the high amount of hops. Finishes slightly astringent. 5- Overall I prefer the other Lagunitas beers over this one. I realize that this was a last minute beer created and for that I give it an A for effort.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
KillerMoran (8) - - APR 3, 2014 does not count
Very "simple"taste. And I say simple in the best if ways. Good to sip on and let time pass by. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Patrickctenchi (3075) - Cox’s Knob, columbus, Indiana, USA - APR 3, 2014
Bottle: Pours nearly clear, light amber with a creamy off-white head. Grapefruit peel, orange nectar aroma. Strong peel bitter and sweet tangerine flavor. Outstanding.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
MrBrightside53 (29) - Scottsdale, Arizona, USA - MAR 30, 2014
Pours a hazy amber color. Citrusy, floral grass notes with a sticky resinous finish. Definitely better than the last batch of Lagunitas Sucks. Very impressed.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
coachd (28) - Missouri, USA - MAR 29, 2014
I know I’ve had this at a bar; this time I’m reviewing it at home. The aroma is hoppy (I was expecting that from Lagunitas), grassy with a ton of grapefruit and pine. Looks like most mainstream beers, only a little darker and with a longer lasting stickier head. Nothing extraordinary about the aroma or appearance. Tastes slightly sweet, pale malt first, then the trademark bitter hops that I knew were coming. The bitter taste is very short, then the sweetness comes back to combine with the hops. Very distinct and balanced taste. Palate is fairly oily, and the carbonation is just right. I would drink this again; it’s not too hard to find and reasonably priced. Plus, you can get a six-pack, you don’t have to buy bombers. If you’ve never had it, you should drink it. Not 100, but pretty good.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Alextricity (446) - Michigan, USA - MAR 25, 2014
Bottled January 4th. Poured January 29th into a Sam Adams Perfect Pint. Appearance: A sunset orange sort of color. Very slight haze. Fantastic white, foamy head floating on top leaving tons of lacing. One hell of a sexy looking brew. Smell: $#@&, that’s GOOD. Trademark Lagunitas tea-like aroma (well, I think it smells like tea... reminds me of it...), with a wallop of grapefruit and maybe some pineapple as well. Really tropical. A nice, sweet, bright-as-all-hell, fresh picked hops. It smells phenomenal, to say the least. Nearly perfect. Taste/feel: Again with that trademark reminds-me-of-tea Lagunitas flavor. That with the unbelievable blend of all the tropical fruit flavors you can think of (...not durian. That’s tropical, right?), a hint of grass, resinous hops, and the absolute slightest alcohol warmth... this is... really almost unreal. I was worried that Sucks would be a bit too sweet, and it starts off that way, but then there’s a perfect amount of bitterness on the back of the tongue on the finish that is unbelievable. The mouthfeel is medium in texture and carbonation. The carbonation really helps to "pop" the taste buds, and it works extremely well in this brew. Well, ladies and gentlemen, here we have probably the best beer I’ve ever tasted. It pours beautifully, the smell is glorious, and the taste is a religious experience. I’ve tried to think of reasons not to give this beer my first perfect rating in taste and overall rating, but I can’t think of one -- this is a double IPA that every single person needs to try. The sweet, tropical, tea flavors on the front, the incredible amount of bittering hops on the finish... Sucks is every bit as good as what the majority says it is. I’m kicking myself for only getting a single bottle. Lagunitas must make this year-round. I’m a Michigan boy, so it pains me to say this, but... this is a better brew than Bell’s Hopslam. I only had Hopslam this year once (on-tap), and it was GOOD, but it was harsher than I remember it being. I know this is 2% lower than Hopslam, but I really couldn’t give a shit. This is THEE Imperial IPA.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
1pintatatime (46) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - MAR 24, 2014
Pours a rich yellow with a fairly thick white head. Highly carbonated. Aroma is heavy with grapefruit, pine, and citrus. Flavor is all sorts of bitter with grapefruit dominant. It never really sweetens up. It’s good but it would be hard to drink more than one per sitting.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
bigtaster (523) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - MAR 24, 2014
From the bottle, white head, clear yellow body. Nose is citrus and mango. Body is light, slightly dry on the finish. Mostly citrus and grass flavors. Nice beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
gerbewa (199) - - MAR 22, 2014
Has on draft at mellow mushroom. Kids were with me. Great hop aroma stout double ipa with bitter balance.