overall

AKA Holiday Leftover Ale
AKA Brown Sugar Substitute

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
gorditoabd (629) - San Diego, California, USA - MAR 23, 2013
Bottle from Bev4Less. Pours a lovely shiny orange with a nice, if ephimeral, lacy white foam head. Aroma is all of high AA hops... smells like it got attacked by the pound of Columbus living in my freezer! Malts are only slightly more present in the taste than in the nose (where they were non-existent), and only at the end of the palate. Otherwise, there are ample hop flavors: resin in the smell and early palate, with passion fruits and mango coming through strongly in the middle and late palate. Nice stuff. Wasn’t a fan when smelling it, but man did it get better in the taste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
rolltideroll (20) - Richmond, Virginia, USA - MAR 23, 2013
Poor’s a nice copper color with a half inch head. Nice hoppy aroma! Big flavor and nice mouth feel. Bitterness lingers a little too long for my liking, but other than that this is a great beer!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
Stevepsycho (34) - Los Angeles, California, USA - MAR 23, 2013
Wonderful citrus notes. Beautiful golden honey color. Nice head which lingers through our the beer. Semi hoppy but not over powering. A wonderful beer could drink year round.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
oc4111 (119) - USA - MAR 23, 2013
Clear golden pour with a fluffy head that leaves som lacing. Grapefruit and pine with a slick mouthfeel. Pretty good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
climberbob (266) - Virginia, USA - MAR 22, 2013
Bottle. Golden beer. Not much head. Hoppy aroma. Taste of grapefruit, resin, raisins. Slightly sticky mouthfeel. Hoppy finish. Considering I am not a fan of crazy hops I am surprised I like it. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
Voodoo (424) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 21, 2013
Pours a dark golden color with a thicker white head which laces well. The aroma......overwhelming citrus and most definitely grapefruit is the most dominant aroma with slight piney notes being drowned out. Taste is grapefruit, then grapefruit, then a touch of malt and very slight bitterness, and the grapefruit lingers with a thick mouthfeel on the palette. Though very citrusy it does not have that normal sour bitterness in the aftertaste. Over the top but put together well.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
HighWine (955) - Whalezbro, Illinois, USA - MAR 20, 2013
Bottle to narrow chalice. Honey colored pour with a splotchy white head. Big tropical fruit nose; mango, papaya, and guava nectar coupled with grapefruit and other citrus juices. Taste is as hoppy as the nose but with a little more resin and alcohol heat. It’s like a mini-Pliny the Younger. Very hop-forward. Moderate mouthfeel and the finish is the only thing you taste: hops.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
BrownALEx (337) - Portland, Michigan, USA - MAR 20, 2013
Pours a crisp gold with nice white head. Smells of hops, citrus hops. Taste is nothing more than the same. Palate starts sweet and ends bitter, reminds me of Two Hearted but as we all know, not as good. No, but really this is an outstanding beer. Alcohol is there for sure. I have no idea what Brown Shugga’ tastes like but this is one helluva substitute.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
shellym810 (2) - West Sacramento, USA - MAR 20, 2013 does not count
Aroma: piney goodness, bright hop smell, citrus - hard time picking up malts over all the orange citrus/hop smell. Maybe some dry hay malt. Appearance: light orange copper, white head, clear Taste: bitter hops up front, balances out midpalate, sweet citrus finish, and it all beatifully lingers together once it’s down. Palate: long finish - and I mean that as a good thing. Light body (tingly carbonation), oily sticky texture Overall: this is one of my favorite beers. I was initially worried that it was going to be a one time thing - literally just a Brown Sugga substitute for one year, and I was ready to throw myself off a bridge accordingly. I couldn’t live in a world where I knew this once existed, only for it to be no longer. Dramatic? Yes. True? Yes.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Mrthekidd (53) - Dallas, Texas, USA - MAR 19, 2013
I hope this is not a 1 and done. Fantastic aroma. Bitter taste but balanced with the sweetness of the malt. Delicious. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone