overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 1226   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.93   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 63   EST. CALORIES: 235   ABV: 7.85%
AKA Holiday Ale
AKA Holiday Leftover Ale
AKA Brown Sugar Substitute

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Kevster (344) - Bradenton, Florida, USA - DEC 18, 2012
2011 Bottle: Pours a cloudy copperish orange with a small off-white head that diminishes rather quickly. Hoppy aroma is citrus with hints of pine. Sweet flavor is full of tropical fruit with a mild piney bitterness in the finish. Very delicious and refreshing!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Shag (2622) - Chattanooga, Tennessee, USA - DEC 14, 2012
An orange appearance with an off white head. Aroma contains tons of perfume and citrus. Flavor is very bitter but has a malty presence. Orange peels and lemons dominate the flavor. A bit of alcohol is showing in the aftertaste. Overall this does not suck.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
RSRIZZO (1855) - Colorado Springs, Colorado, USA - DEC 13, 2012
12oz bottle (courtesy of Headbanger) poured into a Snifter at 40°. Color is nice golden with a slight haze and good carbonation that produces a soft tight head. Aroma is rich, sweet and hoppy. Medium body with a light crisp mouth feel. Flavor is citrus with a touch of pine then tropical fruit comes in leaning on pineapple and end with some toffee. After taste is dry with a mild bitterness and a bit of grapefruit. Overall its a great brew extremely complex and well balanced. Thanks Larry.

Huhzubendah (2618) - Washington DC, USA - DEC 6, 2012
Bottle shared by jayhawk73. Thanks Jeff. The beer is clear and light orange hued with an inch of white head that coats the glass with lacing. Lasting head retention. A superb appearance. The aroma is fabulous! Fresh hops. A bouquet of tropical fruits, including oranges, mango, pineapple. Wow, the taste follows suit. Utterly delicious. By far the best beer I have had from Lagunitas. A bit sweet from the onset - my only minor complaint about this beer. Alcohol and malt are afterthoughts. This beer is a showcase for hops. Ridiculously smooth and easy drinking. This beer shocked me to my core. A world class DIPA that wasn’t even on my radar. At $10 per sixer, this is an absolute must try if you enjoy hop forward beers. Serving type: bottle Reviewed on: 12-04-2011

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Rrauth (1196) - North Carolina, USA - NOV 9, 2012
From iphone beerlicious app: great aroma. Pale clear liquid. Frothy white head. Nice bitterness. Light thin body.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
jsquire (3499) - St. Marys, Ohio, USA - NOV 3, 2012
Deep golden color with a thin off white head. LIght sweet nose. Warming alcohol, brown sugar on toast and some caramel apple notes. Strong hop resin taste with the accompanying burn on the tongue. It was very nice last Christmas and it held up well in the closet.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
VertBaconStrips (2088) - Assat, Alberta, CANADA - OCT 9, 2012
Remember back in the day when you would fall down the basement stairs drunk as shit at 4AM and be 100% convinced that you never woke your parents? Well, I just fell down the stairs and once again I am 100% convinced that they never heard because they live 30km away - still got the magic!

I feel great knowing that I pretty much bought the entire city supply and drank it all to myself - E-town crew loves me for this and so do I. Drink 72 beers and barely saved one for review because it was so god damn good. Make that 2 - I just drank the last surviving bottle on Earth that I left hanging around for my own funny time reminder. And yea, it still was AWESOME. So awesome. Rare beer does taste better! LOL. Rating goes back to early December 2011 and its just short notes as it was pretty much impossible to review this as it was just pure joy to drink it... even as I drained the entire city’s supply solo. tung: Piles of citrus - citrus that tears apart my mind on every freaking sip - oranges, rrgf, pine, grapefruit rind, cherry, floral greatness remeniscent ... how the hell is that spelt? - of fresh cut flowers, slight grain, honey, apricot, secretions of only the most heavenly of creatures, tropical fruits and soft malts. This beer has absolutely everything I want to smell. Hours... hours have been spent smelling this brewed treasure. Tasty bits: Aside from the outlandish amount of hops and citrus, sweetness and thickness there is a fuckload of malt backing this monster. Sweetness abounds. Pineapple flops around, pine goodness, peaches, lemon, mild caramel, something that might be spearmint, grapefruit, unique malt base darker than it normally is, orange, pepper, resin, light dose of brown sugar for the sweet base, aaaaaa soooo good! medium body that is supported both by the hop thickness and the healthy structure of yummo malts. Perfection. Find me another ASA that beats this and I will marry your daughter that resembles an ugly donkey.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Treebs (872) - , Illinois, USA - OCT 8, 2012
12 oz. bottle served in a Bell’s Tulip. A: Pours a clear peach with some straw colored hues around the edges. A 1 finger white head forms on the pour and subsides to a nice ring. Nice sheets of lace are left down the glass. S: Bursts of citrus and sweet fruits. Grapefruit, apple and mango are some of the great smells coming out. A very slight pine is on the backend. T: The citrus just pops in your mouth. Grapefruit and orange citrus with a faint hint of sweet mango. Some light biscuit malts show themselves as well. The finish is a slight bitter pine. M: Lively mouth with great carbonation. Light to medium bodied with a subtle sticky feel to it. Highly drinkable. O: Just like everyone else, I was shocked and pleasantly surprised by this guy. The citrus bursts in your mouth and the malts and slight pine bitterness really balance it out. The drinkability is off the charts. Serving type: bottle Reviewed on: 12-04-2011

Colbowski (3) - - OCT 2, 2012 does not count
Drinking a bottle that was released almost a year ago and its still amazing. It has however, lost the ’peach’ taste and aroma that I remember.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
scottyshades (130) - Parkland, Florida, Florida, USA - SEP 20, 2012
A: Pours a semi hazy amber color with a frothy/creamy white cap. Retention is excellent. S: Wow, did not expect this! The aroma is mostly citrus, tropical fruit (pineapple, maybe mango), and sweetish. Kind of similar to Sculpin to me. Very impressive and nicely balanced. T: Hop bomb...pineapple, grapefuit, mango, orange. There is a sweetness that balances the bitterness of the hops and strikes a real nice balance. This is the best beer that is widely available by far. MF/D: Medium body (thought this was a single IPA at first), semi-aggressive carbonation, and a clean citrus finish. Notes: Sorry Brown Shugga’, move over for your replacement