overall

AKA Brown Sugar Substitute

ThisWangsChung's rating

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
ThisWangsChung (826) - Leonardtown, Maryland, USA - MAR 13, 2013
Reviewed 2/22/13.Thanks to Momar42 for the bottle! 12 oz bottle into a nonic pint glass. A: Pours a nasty-looking dark piss color. The head is a two finger spoiled milk shade that looks like cottage fuckin’ cheese. Why is there so much ugly-ass lacing left on my glass? S: This is full of gross melon, gross papaya, gross herbal pine, gross mango, and...well, it’s just gross. Smells like an awesome-- ERR I mean wet ass. T: Yikes, and just when I thought it couldn’t get any nastier, it does! The opening is nothing but mellow-- I mean nasty tropical fruits. Bah, who really likes tropical fruits? It tastes like a damn rainforest! It finishes with a soft, malty sweetness, which totally sucks ’n’ stuff, too. And ewww, is that onion on the aftertaste? Who wants onion in their beer? NOT ME, GOOD SIR! M: Light, delicate, subtle, and crisp - and it sucks. Yeah, it fuckin’ sucks. I’ve never stated my preference toward light and delicate DIPAs before in my life, you’re all nuts! /angryface I mean, sure, it’s drinkable, but that’s only because I want to get rid of it so quickly! Aw crap, I’m not near a drain...I guess I’ll just pour it into my mouth more. Because it fuckin’ sucks so much. O: Yuck! Lagunitas Sucks indeed. It’s so bad I’m discouraging everyone out there of buying it...so I can snatch the remainder up for-- I mean, cuz it’s gross an’ shit. Yeah, that’s it. This is most definitely not a fantastic DIPA that I wish I could drink a case of, no, you guys are all reading into things WAY too much. Like I said, this sucks I WANT MORE I WANT MORE NOW!

truebluehes (196) - Tipton, Iowa, USA - APR 22, 2016
Bottle. Nice creamy white head on golden pour. Awesome citrus pine aroma. Balance of citrus, pine hop with light caramel malt is superb. Awesome beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
firefly765 (194) - - APR 20, 2016
12 ounce bottle pours a yellow copper color with a nice white creamy head. Nice lazing on the glass. A dank piney hop aroma. Nice smooth bitterness high carbonation. Light bodied. Seem like a bit if apricot and molasses flavors. Solid drink.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
oldrtybastrd (4337) - Fort Walton Beach, Florida, USA - APR 12, 2016
Pours a nice dark hazy brownish color. Aromas of malts, and some other hints, maybe fruit, maybe caramel, and hops. Flavor is a bitter, malty, and hoppy with a nice dry finish.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
omega (877) - NEW ZEALAND - APR 7, 2016
I can really see the potential of this beer but the hops have died in transit to NZ.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
OnTheTrail (272) - Virginia, USA - APR 4, 2016
Pours light orange clear, big white head. Aroma is grapefruit, pine, resin. Taste is hoppy but quite smooth, not bitter, bready almost caramel malt sweetness. Thick smooth honeyed mouthfeel.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
GriffDaddy (109) - - APR 2, 2016
Golden copper pour with a light pillowy head. Sweet piney aroma, a suggestion of tropical fruit. Maybe some apricot too. Aggressively hoppy, resin and some dank, balanced with plenty of malty sweetness that ends with a dry finish. Delicious.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
rentonj7 (146) - Havertown, Pennsylvania, USA - APR 1, 2016
Nice golden copper with generous puffy head. Aroma of sweet tropical fruit, hint of citrus, lightly candied sugar. Lovely mouthfeel - thick enough body to feel like it needs a bite, long lingering finish that’s somewhat slick and mild bitterness. Less bright in mouth, mixed cereal malts, and mild citrus hops.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
Cajun (226) - Lafayette, Louisiana, USA - MAR 25, 2016
12oz bottle - Very similar to Sumpin’ Sumpin’... had to look at the bottle.. twice! But there were small differences. Sucks poured a golden copper with a white head. Decent aroma. Grassy, citrus fruit, and over-ripened figs. Flavors of mild grapefruit, hay, and a hint of leather. Not as toasty as I thought with the barley, rye, wheat, and oats medley... but the malt was present. Enjoyable and I’d definitely have another in the future.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
ExpendableHero (823) - Florida, USA - MAR 24, 2016
Light copper colored beer with a white head. Strong aromas of pine forest. Tastes of bitter pine/spruce hops, some earth, hints of caramel, and sweet tropical fruit. Bittersweet finish has a nice balance of fruit and hops with caramel thrown in. Smooth beer but quite strong in the hop department. I enjoyed it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Swamp_Thing (49) - Florida, USA - MAR 20, 2016
Well balanced throughout. Pleasent piney aroma, a hop forward taste hits you right away but brings with it wonderful complex flovors of pine, malt, grass, citrus. Even flavors from start to finish. Slightly sticky but not bad at all. The most enjoyable beer I’ve had from this brewery.