overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 1166   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.93   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 63   EST. CALORIES: 235   ABV: 7.85%
AKA Holiday Ale
AKA Holiday Leftover Ale
AKA Brown Sugar Substitute

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
JHeath99 (786) - - JAN 24, 2014
Bottle from Lazy Dog. Pours a nice transparent gold with very little head and a bit of lacing. Aroma of citrus, oranges and pineapples mostly, with subtle hoppy hints. Taste is almost reverse, with upfront bitterness that fades into a floral sweetness. Very very nice beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
dresden (779) - Saskatchewan, CANADA - DEC 12, 2011
Wow terrific beer! Pours a dark gold with a small white head. Overwhelming aroma of pine and pineapple. Tastes like resinous hops, lots of citrus and sugar. Sticky mouthfeel. Amazing beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
monk191 (778) - California, USA - FEB 13, 2013
A pretty basic Lagunitas. Great color, but falls short a bit. Nice hoppy background, just seems to be missing something. Aroma and taste have notes of honey. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
rader58 (774) - Leawood, Kansas, USA - DEC 15, 2011
12 oz bottle. Pours a clear dark golden to light copper color. Aroma of pine, grapefruit, brown sugar, honey. Flavor is grapefruit, pine, caramel. Not a tremendous amount of complexity to the aroma or flavor, but damn it’s good.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Tripplebrew (774) - Saint Paul, Minnesota, USA - DEC 29, 2011
Pours a clear lemon yellow with frothy white head that dissipates fairly quickly. Aroma definite pink grapefruit, yeasty bread dough and pepper. Flavor is citrusy grapefruit, mild raisin, earthy florals. Body is light with a lot of carbonation. Yummy.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Jorn69 (761) - Ängelholm, SWEDEN - MAY 8, 2014
@ Havregatan. Flaska (355ml) från Systembolaget (29:-). Fruktig och rejält humlig, grapefrukt och tallbarr, tropiska frukter, rejäl beska, medelsötma, medelfyllig. Lång avslutningen som är besk och humlig.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
robertjm (759) - Albany, California, USA - DEC 31, 2013
New Year’s Eve tasting Flight (3 of 3 11:16p) - bottled. White head. Golden brown body. Unusual hop aroma. Some resin and tar. Flavor of burnt rice. Definitely different.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
CampesinoTino (751) - Seattle, Washington, USA - DEC 12, 2011
Bottle. Pours a clear light orange and gold color with a thin layer of white foam. Lots of pungent and leafy cannabis and vegetal hops notes in the aroma as well as some pine, mango and grapefruit. The taste is also an onslaught of hops resin and cannabis along with a blend of tropical fruit, citrus and toasted malt. The body is slightly syrupy and well carbonated with a mildly bitter, floral finish. By far one of the tastiest hops bombs from this brewery and a nice break from malty Winter Warmers.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Johnsense (750) - - MAR 14, 2013
Gold pour with a finger of head. Gobs of white lace. Pine hops in the aroma - fairly bitter. Papaya and Mango as well. Taste of pine, An assortment of citrus fruit, guava, mango, papaya, grapefruit rinds. solid. Medium body. Resiny aftertaste. everything integrates well. Very easy drinking.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
ThisWangsChung (747) - Leonardtown, Maryland, USA - MAR 13, 2013
Reviewed 2/22/13.Thanks to Momar42 for the bottle! 12 oz bottle into a nonic pint glass. A: Pours a nasty-looking dark piss color. The head is a two finger spoiled milk shade that looks like cottage fuckin’ cheese. Why is there so much ugly-ass lacing left on my glass? S: This is full of gross melon, gross papaya, gross herbal pine, gross mango, and...well, it’s just gross. Smells like an awesome-- ERR I mean wet ass. T: Yikes, and just when I thought it couldn’t get any nastier, it does! The opening is nothing but mellow-- I mean nasty tropical fruits. Bah, who really likes tropical fruits? It tastes like a damn rainforest! It finishes with a soft, malty sweetness, which totally sucks ’n’ stuff, too. And ewww, is that onion on the aftertaste? Who wants onion in their beer? NOT ME, GOOD SIR! M: Light, delicate, subtle, and crisp - and it sucks. Yeah, it fuckin’ sucks. I’ve never stated my preference toward light and delicate DIPAs before in my life, you’re all nuts! /angryface I mean, sure, it’s drinkable, but that’s only because I want to get rid of it so quickly! Aw crap, I’m not near a drain...I guess I’ll just pour it into my mouth more. Because it fuckin’ sucks so much. O: Yuck! Lagunitas Sucks indeed. It’s so bad I’m discouraging everyone out there of buying it...so I can snatch the remainder up for-- I mean, cuz it’s gross an’ shit. Yeah, that’s it. This is most definitely not a fantastic DIPA that I wish I could drink a case of, no, you guys are all reading into things WAY too much. Like I said, this sucks I WANT MORE I WANT MORE NOW!