overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 1225   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.93   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 63   EST. CALORIES: 235   ABV: 7.85%
AKA Holiday Ale
AKA Holiday Leftover Ale
AKA Brown Sugar Substitute

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
knickskicks (753) - - JAN 19, 2013
Draft. Orange, nice white head. Good lacing. Nose is grapefruit, orange, biscuit. Taste is citrus fruits, rye, fruity progressively bitter finish. Oily mouthfeel.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
thetmaxx (752) - West Sacramento, California, USA - NOV 19, 2011
Poured from a 12 ounce. The best thing about this beer is the story Tony McGee wrote about the incident. Overall its actually a good brew.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
SpongeRuiner (752) - Michigan, USA - FEB 24, 2014
UPDATED: MAR 1, 2014 Always been a bigger want from me especially from this brewery. Pours a really nice golden color. Looks better than the average IPA and more distinct. Huge pine aroma. Big hoppy pine taste upfront. Taste blends into a citrusy grapefruit and orange based flavor that is really spot on. Hop feel lingers on the tongue. EXTREMELY drinkable. Really good stuff.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
ThisWangsChung (747) - Leonardtown, Maryland, USA - MAR 13, 2013
Reviewed 2/22/13.Thanks to Momar42 for the bottle! 12 oz bottle into a nonic pint glass. A: Pours a nasty-looking dark piss color. The head is a two finger spoiled milk shade that looks like cottage fuckin’ cheese. Why is there so much ugly-ass lacing left on my glass? S: This is full of gross melon, gross papaya, gross herbal pine, gross mango, and...well, it’s just gross. Smells like an awesome-- ERR I mean wet ass. T: Yikes, and just when I thought it couldn’t get any nastier, it does! The opening is nothing but mellow-- I mean nasty tropical fruits. Bah, who really likes tropical fruits? It tastes like a damn rainforest! It finishes with a soft, malty sweetness, which totally sucks ’n’ stuff, too. And ewww, is that onion on the aftertaste? Who wants onion in their beer? NOT ME, GOOD SIR! M: Light, delicate, subtle, and crisp - and it sucks. Yeah, it fuckin’ sucks. I’ve never stated my preference toward light and delicate DIPAs before in my life, you’re all nuts! /angryface I mean, sure, it’s drinkable, but that’s only because I want to get rid of it so quickly! Aw crap, I’m not near a drain...I guess I’ll just pour it into my mouth more. Because it fuckin’ sucks so much. O: Yuck! Lagunitas Sucks indeed. It’s so bad I’m discouraging everyone out there of buying it...so I can snatch the remainder up for-- I mean, cuz it’s gross an’ shit. Yeah, that’s it. This is most definitely not a fantastic DIPA that I wish I could drink a case of, no, you guys are all reading into things WAY too much. Like I said, this sucks I WANT MORE I WANT MORE NOW!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
elgiacomo (745) - Ringgold/Fort Oglethorpe, Georgia, USA - DEC 2, 2011
12oz bottled November 4, 2011. Served at around 45F.

Pours golden amber with a two finger white head that leaves nice sticky rings of lacing and holds a small cap.

Aroma is orange, pineapple, some grapefruit, floral hops, some marijuana and bready malt, bit of fruitiness, hint of onion (Summit?). Very good strength.

Flavor is resinous hops, orange citrus, some pineapple, banana, bit of grapefruit, caramel and bready malt, hint of spice and onions, a touch of alcohol, finishes with good bitterness.

Mouthfeel is medium bodied, oily, good carbonation.

Pretty good stuff...nice aroma, kinda comes across as a rye and/or danker version of their Little Sumpin’ Sumpin’. Definitely a far cry from Brown Shugga, but a worthwhile replacement brew for this winter.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
brian60625 (742) - Illinois, USA - DEC 30, 2011
UPDATED: FEB 2, 2013 Not your typical hioliday brew, this one tasted more like a cider with pleasing carbonated delivery. Juicy hop aromas and pleasing grapefruit flavors, this beer is fresh and satisfying.

jeremyh70 (742) - Missouri, USA - MAR 30, 2013
UPDATED: APR 13, 2013 A clear golden yellow color with huge white sudsy head with good retention that leaves good lacing. Nice melding of ripe tropical fruits, cracker malt and some spiciness. A nice caramel sweetness with some fruitiness and a subdued piney bitterness in initial taste. Can taste some cracker malt with some spiciness in finish. Semi sticky mouthfeel with a medium body and medium/high carbonation. This may be my favorite IPA. I like that the bitterness doesn’t follow through too strongly in the finish and enjoy the complexity of the sweetness, bitterness and bit of spiciness. Very drinkable. ---Jeremy H

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
BK7 (741) - Turner, Oregon, USA - JAN 14, 2013
Bottle. Pine, citrus, tropical fruit and sweet caramel. A bit Weak in the middle. Dry finish with a lingering bitterness. Tasty.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
mattyb83 (737) - Minnesota, USA - DEC 8, 2011
Bottle. Golden yellow color with a rather large white head. Grapefruit, pine, tropical fruit. Very nice aroma. Big resinous hop character and fairly bitter. Grapefruit and citrus are big in the flavor. Really nice. Lighter mouthfeel than I expected. Really enjoy the aroma, and the flavor is quite nice but not up to that amazing aroma.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
highibus (733) - Vail, Arizona, USA - JAN 26, 2013
Pours a clear light copper with white head. Dissipates quickly. Huge aroma, almost tropical and floral at the same time. Up front bitterness with a lingering tropical notes. Really nice finish on this beer!