overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 1166   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.93   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 63   EST. CALORIES: 235   ABV: 7.85%
AKA Holiday Ale
AKA Holiday Leftover Ale
AKA Brown Sugar Substitute

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
bigtaster (537) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - MAR 24, 2014
From the bottle, white head, clear yellow body. Nose is citrus and mango. Body is light, slightly dry on the finish. Mostly citrus and grass flavors. Nice beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Aquilo (533) - Berkeley, California, USA - DEC 5, 2011
Clear golden amber color with a thick and creamy white head. Rich aroma of dried apricot, pine, a bit of lemon, and rosemary. Flavor is mildly bitter, with some more piney hops aroma in the finish. Smooth on the palate. I’d say this is a good substitute for Brown Shugga.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Darwenus (529) - Virginia, USA - FEB 6, 2013
Pours a clear amber with a brief head with continual lacing. The aroma is huge on hops, mostly pine notes, but some floral qualities, too. The flavor is great. Hoppy and bitter through and through, but a rich malt in the background and some caramel and molasses. This is one of the best brews I’ve had form Lagunitas.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
gringo332 (529) - Richardson, Texas, USA - FEB 23, 2013
lear copper hue. Aromas of tropical fruit and citrus. Flavor is full of hop bitterness with lots of depth. Piney, citrusy, tropical, slightly astringent. Very enjoyable beer. Easy drinking.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
gschrade (525) - Collinsville, USA - DEC 18, 2013
I had this at Global Brew. Pours gold with a white head. Taste sweet, citrus, bitter finish. I thought this was pretty good. I would definitely drink this again. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
MarinEvelyn (525) - Wisconsin, USA - FEB 9, 2014
It smells so good, I just want to bathe in this. Very hoppy, grapefruit, citrus, some spices, citrus, a little pine. Taste is so smooth, citrus, grapefruit, pine. Light smooth finish. Super.

dhunter151 (515) - Santa Rosa, California, USA - JAN 29, 2013
Awesome beer. Hoppy but balanced by the malt. Has a sweet finish. This beer is very easy to drink. One of my favorites. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
magdalar (513) - Zurich, SWITZERLAND - DEC 13, 2011
Draught. Pours a clear golden, with a white frothy head. Smells strongly of citrus fruits. Tastes of a light bitterness and medium sweetness with some extra spice. Medium bodied. High carbonation. Texture is creamy. Finishes dry. Tasty, but not particularly holidyiah.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
bigbish (510) - California, USA - MAR 27, 2013
Holy crap, this is a tasty beverage. It’s not overly hopped like many IPAs today, and has a very complex flavor from all the grains. Freakin delicious.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Alextricity (509) - Michigan, USA - MAR 25, 2014
Bottled January 4th. Poured January 29th into a Sam Adams Perfect Pint. Appearance: A sunset orange sort of color. Very slight haze. Fantastic white, foamy head floating on top leaving tons of lacing. One hell of a sexy looking brew. Smell: $#@&, that’s GOOD. Trademark Lagunitas tea-like aroma (well, I think it smells like tea... reminds me of it...), with a wallop of grapefruit and maybe some pineapple as well. Really tropical. A nice, sweet, bright-as-all-hell, fresh picked hops. It smells phenomenal, to say the least. Nearly perfect. Taste/feel: Again with that trademark reminds-me-of-tea Lagunitas flavor. That with the unbelievable blend of all the tropical fruit flavors you can think of (...not durian. That’s tropical, right?), a hint of grass, resinous hops, and the absolute slightest alcohol warmth... this is... really almost unreal. I was worried that Sucks would be a bit too sweet, and it starts off that way, but then there’s a perfect amount of bitterness on the back of the tongue on the finish that is unbelievable. The mouthfeel is medium in texture and carbonation. The carbonation really helps to "pop" the taste buds, and it works extremely well in this brew. Well, ladies and gentlemen, here we have probably the best beer I’ve ever tasted. It pours beautifully, the smell is glorious, and the taste is a religious experience. I’ve tried to think of reasons not to give this beer my first perfect rating in taste and overall rating, but I can’t think of one -- this is a double IPA that every single person needs to try. The sweet, tropical, tea flavors on the front, the incredible amount of bittering hops on the finish... Sucks is every bit as good as what the majority says it is. I’m kicking myself for only getting a single bottle. Lagunitas must make this year-round. I’m a Michigan boy, so it pains me to say this, but... this is a better brew than Bell’s Hopslam. I only had Hopslam this year once (on-tap), and it was GOOD, but it was harsher than I remember it being. I know this is 2% lower than Hopslam, but I really couldn’t give a shit. This is THEE Imperial IPA.