overall

AKA Holiday Leftover Ale
AKA Brown Sugar Substitute

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
knickskicks (835) - - JAN 19, 2013
Draft. Orange, nice white head. Good lacing. Nose is grapefruit, orange, biscuit. Taste is citrus fruits, rye, fruity progressively bitter finish. Oily mouthfeel.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 18/20
icehawk (834) - Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, USA - DEC 13, 2011
No idea what to expect, but wonderful aroma... like walking through an orange grove. Citrusy hops lead to smooth taste that finishes just right. Nothing seasonal about it in my opinion, but a great beer. Somewhat similar to the westbrook citra-based IPA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
sfontain (832) - Columbus, Ohio, USA - JAN 11, 2013
12 oz bottle Whole Foods. Light golden; smaller white frothy head dissipates to a very sparse covering with a medium ring; light lacing. Aroma pineapple, pine, tropical fruit, bread, caramel. Flavor has less of the tropical fruit than I expected and exhibits more pine and bread as is more typical of the style (and, sorry Ratebeer, but this is an IPA, not an American strong), but there is definitely a pineapple vibe throughout; piney bitter finish is really well balanced, as 60+ IBU’s is nothing to scoff at but it’s certainly not out of place in here. Medium body, frothy carbonation, barely sticky. I’ll take Brown Shugga over this any day but that’s just personal preference, I suppose. Definitely bears resemblance to Lagunitas’ Daytime with the pineapple aroma, just much bigger. Good stuff.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
kbudd19 (828) - Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA - DEC 14, 2014
32 oz bottle. Golden colour with nice white head. Aroma is citrus, grapefruit, and pine. Taste is bitter pine up front, followed by a citrus burst, finish is sweet and bitter, medium bodied with lots of carbonation. Really tasty.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
ThisWangsChung (826) - Leonardtown, Maryland, USA - MAR 13, 2013
Reviewed 2/22/13.Thanks to Momar42 for the bottle! 12 oz bottle into a nonic pint glass. A: Pours a nasty-looking dark piss color. The head is a two finger spoiled milk shade that looks like cottage fuckin’ cheese. Why is there so much ugly-ass lacing left on my glass? S: This is full of gross melon, gross papaya, gross herbal pine, gross mango, and...well, it’s just gross. Smells like an awesome-- ERR I mean wet ass. T: Yikes, and just when I thought it couldn’t get any nastier, it does! The opening is nothing but mellow-- I mean nasty tropical fruits. Bah, who really likes tropical fruits? It tastes like a damn rainforest! It finishes with a soft, malty sweetness, which totally sucks ’n’ stuff, too. And ewww, is that onion on the aftertaste? Who wants onion in their beer? NOT ME, GOOD SIR! M: Light, delicate, subtle, and crisp - and it sucks. Yeah, it fuckin’ sucks. I’ve never stated my preference toward light and delicate DIPAs before in my life, you’re all nuts! /angryface I mean, sure, it’s drinkable, but that’s only because I want to get rid of it so quickly! Aw crap, I’m not near a drain...I guess I’ll just pour it into my mouth more. Because it fuckin’ sucks so much. O: Yuck! Lagunitas Sucks indeed. It’s so bad I’m discouraging everyone out there of buying it...so I can snatch the remainder up for-- I mean, cuz it’s gross an’ shit. Yeah, that’s it. This is most definitely not a fantastic DIPA that I wish I could drink a case of, no, you guys are all reading into things WAY too much. Like I said, this sucks I WANT MORE I WANT MORE NOW!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
beer_est_deus (823) - örebro, SWEDEN - MAY 7, 2014
Klar gul med ljust gul-orange skum. Doft: Humle, malt, kåda, ananas, grape, lite gräs. Smak: Humle, malt, lite deg, gräs, ananas, grape. God, man vill verkligen ha mer när man smakat.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
RickTStiles (817) - Houston, Texas, USA - APR 1, 2013
pours golden with a lasting white head and lacing. very fresh, floral aroma with a hint of syrup. taste is pine and citrus with some sweetness initially and a floral bitterness at the end. finish is long lasting. the body is on the thin side but with this much taste, i can forgive it.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
rader58 (815) - Leawood, Kansas, USA - DEC 15, 2011
12 oz bottle. Pours a clear dark golden to light copper color. Aroma of pine, grapefruit, brown sugar, honey. Flavor is grapefruit, pine, caramel. Not a tremendous amount of complexity to the aroma or flavor, but damn it’s good.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
sudomorph (814) - Barrie, Ontario, CANADA - SEP 28, 2014
1qt bottle. Pours a clear, golden yellow with a fluffy, white head that sticks. Aroma has notes of pine, resin, tropical fruits, and citrus. Taste is bitter but balanced. Orange citrus, resin, pine, and a slightly sweet aftertaste. Medium-full body with a medium carbonation. A not resiny in the mouth with a big, dry finish. Overall really nice. Would get again!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
BeerFunGuy (813) - California, USA - FEB 10, 2013
This golden brown beer pour with a thick head. It has a sweet but hoppy citrus aroma. It has a sweet hoppy flavor also. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone