overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 1299   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.92   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 63   EST. CALORIES: 235   ABV: 7.85%
AKA Holiday Ale
AKA Holiday Leftover Ale
AKA Brown Sugar Substitute

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
magdalar (513) - Zurich, SWITZERLAND - DEC 13, 2011
Draught. Pours a clear golden, with a white frothy head. Smells strongly of citrus fruits. Tastes of a light bitterness and medium sweetness with some extra spice. Medium bodied. High carbonation. Texture is creamy. Finishes dry. Tasty, but not particularly holidyiah.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Alextricity (509) - Michigan, USA - MAR 25, 2014
Bottled January 4th. Poured January 29th into a Sam Adams Perfect Pint. Appearance: A sunset orange sort of color. Very slight haze. Fantastic white, foamy head floating on top leaving tons of lacing. One hell of a sexy looking brew. Smell: $#@&, that’s GOOD. Trademark Lagunitas tea-like aroma (well, I think it smells like tea... reminds me of it...), with a wallop of grapefruit and maybe some pineapple as well. Really tropical. A nice, sweet, bright-as-all-hell, fresh picked hops. It smells phenomenal, to say the least. Nearly perfect. Taste/feel: Again with that trademark reminds-me-of-tea Lagunitas flavor. That with the unbelievable blend of all the tropical fruit flavors you can think of (...not durian. That’s tropical, right?), a hint of grass, resinous hops, and the absolute slightest alcohol warmth... this is... really almost unreal. I was worried that Sucks would be a bit too sweet, and it starts off that way, but then there’s a perfect amount of bitterness on the back of the tongue on the finish that is unbelievable. The mouthfeel is medium in texture and carbonation. The carbonation really helps to "pop" the taste buds, and it works extremely well in this brew. Well, ladies and gentlemen, here we have probably the best beer I’ve ever tasted. It pours beautifully, the smell is glorious, and the taste is a religious experience. I’ve tried to think of reasons not to give this beer my first perfect rating in taste and overall rating, but I can’t think of one -- this is a double IPA that every single person needs to try. The sweet, tropical, tea flavors on the front, the incredible amount of bittering hops on the finish... Sucks is every bit as good as what the majority says it is. I’m kicking myself for only getting a single bottle. Lagunitas must make this year-round. I’m a Michigan boy, so it pains me to say this, but... this is a better brew than Bell’s Hopslam. I only had Hopslam this year once (on-tap), and it was GOOD, but it was harsher than I remember it being. I know this is 2% lower than Hopslam, but I really couldn’t give a shit. This is THEE Imperial IPA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BeerKurve (509) - - APR 22, 2014
Mildly hazy orange with moderate carbonation, good lacing and a thin foamy head. Aroma of toffee, caramel malts, brown sugar, citrus hops and and a slight rye scent. Very malt forward with notes of caramel malts, mango, citrus hops, brown sugar, and a slight rye spiciness. Light body and moderate carbonation. Very good!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
bubblehouse (505) - louisville, Kentucky, USA - OCT 15, 2014
I really liked this one. Pours a light gold color with a lot of pronounced aromas. Good price.

Gaultier (498) - SWEDEN - MAY 3, 2014
@Nedre Mölla 3/5-14. Flaska från Systembolaget. Arom: Persika, aprikos(?), citrus, tallbarr, grapefrukt. Smak: Grapefrukt, citrus, tallbarr, sötma, tydlig beska. Kroppen är medelfyllig, avslutningen bjuder i sin tur på en ganska lång och rejäl beska.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
SamTheBarrel (497) - Vallentuna, SWEDEN - MAY 18, 2014
355ml bottle, poured into a Tulip glass. Appearance is clear golden with a medium sized frothy off-white head, that when settled left a little lacing. Aroma of grapefruit, orange peels, lemon zest and pine. Flavours of grapefruit, orange peels, lemon zest, caramel and spices. Taste is light sweet and medium bitter. Palate is medium bodied, soft texture and average carbonation. Another great beer from Lagunitas Brewing Company.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
UNCCTF (495) - Cary, North Carolina, USA - DEC 14, 2014
32oz. bottle. Hazy golden color with lacy white head and lots of carbonation bubbles. Aroma and flavor of hops and citrus, with some sweetness in the finish that makes it really balanced. I’ll be getting this again.

jmcgavin12 (492) - Madison, USA - JAN 17, 2013
Pours an amazing golden amber with a small amount of head. Aroma is amazingly seductive with a lots floral tones and smaller amounts of citrus. Amazing bitter taste that persists through the finish. Theres lots of citrus and a bit of a resin near the ned Ends with a sweet finish that really helps to complement the earlier tastes. Awesome beer got to go get it on tap!!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
pras (490) - Maryland, USA - FEB 21, 2013
Clear copper hue. Aromas of tropical fruit and citrus. Flavor is full of hop bitterness with lots of depth. Piney, citrusy, tropical, slightly astringent. Very enjoyable beer. Easy drinking.

akoeninger (490) - Wisconsin, USA - OCT 11, 2014
From 32 oz bomber. Golden, clear with a white foamy head. The aroma is floral, sweet fruit. Flavor is sweet malt, spicy rye, and resinous fruity hops. There's even a hint of creaminess from the oats. There's a lot going on in this beer. Very enjoyable! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone