overall

AKA Holiday Leftover Ale
AKA Brown Sugar Substitute

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
ttutony (840) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - DEC 7, 2011
Huge resinous hop aroma....absolutely fantastic. Huge hop flavors with a pleasant sweet malt base. Great beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
PhatB420 (837) - Pittsfield, Massachusetts, USA - JAN 20, 2014
12oz into a tulip. Pours an orange marmelade light mixture with nice lacing and a faint bubbly head, 2cm. Aroma is sweet, hoppy, bursting with hop freshenss, is this not an ipa? Smells like one. Very sweet and resin like flowing to the nose, Orange, aprioct, mango, peach jam as well. Taste is sweet hops, just picked, orange, mango, bannana, peach, hops again, and sugar. Drinkability is wonderful, not too sweet and the hop fresheness prevails over it all, this is a nice ipa. Another stellar brew form Lagunitas.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
HIGHB4LL (837) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - JAN 26, 2014
12 oz. bottle. Appearance: finger of white head that diminishes quickly, small white film lasts, golden orange yellow color, clear, beautiful. Aroma: resin, floral, citrus, more citrus, bread, hay, nuts. Palate: light body, sticky texture, average-soft carbonation, bitter and lasting finish. Taste: light sweetness as it hits your tongue, then waves of bitterness wash over you. Overall, wonderful wonderful beer. Very hoppy, but in control and well balanced.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
ThisWangsChung (836) - Leonardtown, Maryland, USA - MAR 13, 2013
Reviewed 2/22/13.Thanks to Momar42 for the bottle! 12 oz bottle into a nonic pint glass. A: Pours a nasty-looking dark piss color. The head is a two finger spoiled milk shade that looks like cottage fuckin’ cheese. Why is there so much ugly-ass lacing left on my glass? S: This is full of gross melon, gross papaya, gross herbal pine, gross mango, and...well, it’s just gross. Smells like an awesome-- ERR I mean wet ass. T: Yikes, and just when I thought it couldn’t get any nastier, it does! The opening is nothing but mellow-- I mean nasty tropical fruits. Bah, who really likes tropical fruits? It tastes like a damn rainforest! It finishes with a soft, malty sweetness, which totally sucks ’n’ stuff, too. And ewww, is that onion on the aftertaste? Who wants onion in their beer? NOT ME, GOOD SIR! M: Light, delicate, subtle, and crisp - and it sucks. Yeah, it fuckin’ sucks. I’ve never stated my preference toward light and delicate DIPAs before in my life, you’re all nuts! /angryface I mean, sure, it’s drinkable, but that’s only because I want to get rid of it so quickly! Aw crap, I’m not near a drain...I guess I’ll just pour it into my mouth more. Because it fuckin’ sucks so much. O: Yuck! Lagunitas Sucks indeed. It’s so bad I’m discouraging everyone out there of buying it...so I can snatch the remainder up for-- I mean, cuz it’s gross an’ shit. Yeah, that’s it. This is most definitely not a fantastic DIPA that I wish I could drink a case of, no, you guys are all reading into things WAY too much. Like I said, this sucks I WANT MORE I WANT MORE NOW!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
b33r (835) - Cleveland, Ohio, USA - JAN 21, 2014
Bright gold transparent color with small white head and minimal lacing. Aroma and flavor have strong vegetable, grassy hops, like broccoli or something. It’s hardly the citrus, grapefruit, fruity, tropical bomb everyone is saying. If that’s what you want there are better options. I got a 6 pack of it and am rating the last beer, but each experience has been the same. I really wanted to love this beer- may be a bit overhyped. With that said, it was still okay overall- and as always, good price.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 18/20
icehawk (834) - Mount Pleasant, South Carolina, USA - DEC 13, 2011
No idea what to expect, but wonderful aroma... like walking through an orange grove. Citrusy hops lead to smooth taste that finishes just right. Nothing seasonal about it in my opinion, but a great beer. Somewhat similar to the westbrook citra-based IPA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
stoutnick (826) - Brisbane, AUSTRALIA - APR 13, 2014
On tap at Prohibition Pig, Waterbury Vermont. Golden like an IPA. Aroma is hops - smells like an IPA. Taste is the same (like an IPA). Mild hop bite on finish. Overall, just a solid, balanced India Pale.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
RickTStiles (826) - Houston, Texas, USA - APR 1, 2013
pours golden with a lasting white head and lacing. very fresh, floral aroma with a hint of syrup. taste is pine and citrus with some sweetness initially and a floral bitterness at the end. finish is long lasting. the body is on the thin side but with this much taste, i can forgive it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
Scipio (817) - Palatine, Illinois, USA - JAN 28, 2013
Pours a bright yet darker golden with a white head. Very appealing aroma. Fruity and full of citrus. Grapefruit, peach, strawberry, orange, and pine. Taste seems to be more similar to the aroma. The fruity elements seem to stand out the most here. I get a lot of peach and grapefruit. I don’t get much pine, and while they there is a good amount of grapefruit, I don’t get a whole lot of hops or bitterness. Medium in body. Good carbonation. This is very tasty. It would be hard not to like this.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Dacrza (816) - Great Meadows, New Jersey, USA - MAY 22, 2015
DATE TASTED: May 20, 2015... GLASSWARE: Victory Hop Devil nonick... OCCASION: Watching the Cavs try to steal a second straight in Atlanta--and relaxing after the end of baseball season, for good... APPEARANCE: Bright, pilsneresque body that releases tiny bubbles; the head is a monstrous white pillow that pitches a hedgerow of lacing; as the glass drains, excellent up-and-down lacing ... AROMA: thick wafts of sugary resin, pineapple, mango and other "strong" scents; not as much of the four grains available... PALATE: a mellow, moderately weighted body with a soft, balanced aftertaste--as easy-drinking as an 8% ABV will be...TASTE: a beautiful balance of a four-grain drag and a bevy of hops; a rather ridiculously good tasting "alternative" to the original, which I did not get a chance to sample; the resin is sharp, the pineapple palpable, the hops teeth-tethering--in a word, a full-flavored experienced that warms as it sips... OVERALL: ah, Lagunitas--thank God you have made the nationwide market a goal; grabbed a quart for $6.99 at Hope Liquors, and this beer is a perfect compliment to the night; hearty, flavorful and easy-drinking...any other aspect needed?