overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 1340   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.92   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 63   EST. CALORIES: 235   ABV: 7.85%
AKA Holiday Ale
AKA Holiday Leftover Ale
AKA Brown Sugar Substitute

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
RickTheRick (512) - Montréal, Quebec, CANADA - DEC 7, 2014
Je qualifie cette bière de "vin de céréales" tellement son cocktail de grains est imposant, autant en bouche qu’au niveau olfactif. Des houblons floraux et légèrement fruités se joignent à la fête pour créer un liquide costaud, mais toutefois facile à boire. Une superbe robe dorée, assez limpide, est surmontée d’un col de mousse moyen, mais persistant. C’est rond, c’est sucré, c’est épicé, c’est fruité mais une chose est sûre : ça ne suck pas du tout.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
pottygok (510) - Ohio, USA - NOV 23, 2011
Aroma: Heavy floral with hints of spice underneath. Appearance: Clear dark orange with hints of effervescence, but no head to speak of. Taste: Medium bitterness balanced by a light sweetness in the background. Palate: Medium-heavy body, oily texture, average carbonation, long finish. Overall: Meh...it’s passable and certainly not the worst beer I’ve had. I could see buying this for a party, but it’s not something I’d readily pursue or stock on a regular basis. It’s good, but not great or mind blowing.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Alextricity (509) - Michigan, USA - MAR 25, 2014
Bottled January 4th. Poured January 29th into a Sam Adams Perfect Pint. Appearance: A sunset orange sort of color. Very slight haze. Fantastic white, foamy head floating on top leaving tons of lacing. One hell of a sexy looking brew. Smell: $#@&, that’s GOOD. Trademark Lagunitas tea-like aroma (well, I think it smells like tea... reminds me of it...), with a wallop of grapefruit and maybe some pineapple as well. Really tropical. A nice, sweet, bright-as-all-hell, fresh picked hops. It smells phenomenal, to say the least. Nearly perfect. Taste/feel: Again with that trademark reminds-me-of-tea Lagunitas flavor. That with the unbelievable blend of all the tropical fruit flavors you can think of (...not durian. That’s tropical, right?), a hint of grass, resinous hops, and the absolute slightest alcohol warmth... this is... really almost unreal. I was worried that Sucks would be a bit too sweet, and it starts off that way, but then there’s a perfect amount of bitterness on the back of the tongue on the finish that is unbelievable. The mouthfeel is medium in texture and carbonation. The carbonation really helps to "pop" the taste buds, and it works extremely well in this brew. Well, ladies and gentlemen, here we have probably the best beer I’ve ever tasted. It pours beautifully, the smell is glorious, and the taste is a religious experience. I’ve tried to think of reasons not to give this beer my first perfect rating in taste and overall rating, but I can’t think of one -- this is a double IPA that every single person needs to try. The sweet, tropical, tea flavors on the front, the incredible amount of bittering hops on the finish... Sucks is every bit as good as what the majority says it is. I’m kicking myself for only getting a single bottle. Lagunitas must make this year-round. I’m a Michigan boy, so it pains me to say this, but... this is a better brew than Bell’s Hopslam. I only had Hopslam this year once (on-tap), and it was GOOD, but it was harsher than I remember it being. I know this is 2% lower than Hopslam, but I really couldn’t give a shit. This is THEE Imperial IPA.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BeerKurve (509) - - APR 22, 2014
Mildly hazy orange with moderate carbonation, good lacing and a thin foamy head. Aroma of toffee, caramel malts, brown sugar, citrus hops and and a slight rye scent. Very malt forward with notes of caramel malts, mango, citrus hops, brown sugar, and a slight rye spiciness. Light body and moderate carbonation. Very good!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
UNCCTF (508) - Cary, North Carolina, USA - DEC 14, 2014
32oz. bottle. Hazy golden color with lacy white head and lots of carbonation bubbles. Aroma and flavor of hops and citrus, with some sweetness in the finish that makes it really balanced. I’ll be getting this again.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
strap (504) - Seoul, SOUTH KOREA - DEC 11, 2011
smells like a pine tree. great blend of hops and malty sweetness. damn good beer. i liked brown shugga, and was disappointed i couldn’t get it this year...but this is a mighty fine substitute.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
pras (504) - Maryland, USA - FEB 21, 2013
Clear copper hue. Aromas of tropical fruit and citrus. Flavor is full of hop bitterness with lots of depth. Piney, citrusy, tropical, slightly astringent. Very enjoyable beer. Easy drinking.

jmcgavin12 (492) - Madison, USA - JAN 17, 2013
Pours an amazing golden amber with a small amount of head. Aroma is amazingly seductive with a lots floral tones and smaller amounts of citrus. Amazing bitter taste that persists through the finish. Theres lots of citrus and a bit of a resin near the ned Ends with a sweet finish that really helps to complement the earlier tastes. Awesome beer got to go get it on tap!!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
TheHulk (486) - Lethbridge, Alberta, CANADA - DEC 31, 2011
Has a really tart, sour edge that I wasn’t exPecting. It fades out of your mouth quickly without tarting up your mOuth. Quite cleAr with just some swirlis at the bottom. Has that wierdness that seems gross at first but you have to keep on trying...

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
salvaticas (485) - - FEB 14, 2013
On tap. Nice hoppy aroma and mild taste. Nothing earth-shaking but a solid IPA ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone