overall
Serve in Snifter, Tulip

RATINGS: 1172   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.93   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 63   EST. CALORIES: 235   ABV: 7.85%
AKA Holiday Ale
AKA Holiday Leftover Ale
AKA Brown Sugar Substitute

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
Sperine (283) - North Wales, Pennsylvania, USA - JAN 22, 2013
On tap at Capone's in Norristown, PA. Does a perfect beer exist? I guess it's subjective, but I will say that this may be the single best beer I have had in my (admittedly brief) time as a hardcore beer drinker, and will be the basis on which I compare all other IPAs moving forward. I expected to have this reaction to Nugget Nectar when I cracked one of them open (picked up a 6 pack so that will happen later this week), so this was an amazingly pleasant surprise.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 13/20
Doofgoblin (281) - Fort Collins, Colorado, USA - APR 5, 2013
Please hold the scallions. Pours amber with an off white head. Aroma has a bite of scallion, pine, lemon, and slightly citrus. Taste is pine, slight malt character, and citrus. Finish is really nice: crisp, clean, and dry. It gets better as it warms.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
Markm2151 (280) - toledo, USA - FEB 4, 2013
Pine, citrus on both aroma and body. Solid hop backbone that hides the alcohol very well

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Bebum (279) - - JAN 10, 2014
Deep gold, clear. Very full body, intense flavors, rich mouthfeel, restrained carbonation, long palate. High bitterness disguised by malty background, less so in the finish. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 16/20
maltman53 (277) - Corrales, New Mexico, USA - DEC 22, 2013
In bottle, pours a light-golden color, wow, hops jump out of the glass before my lips can arrive on the scene. The aroma is sugary malt and bursting with flavor, as is the palate: full-bodied, with a luscious CO2 level that carries to the soft, marshmallow finish. The beer is well-balanced and well-made and hides the nearly 8% ABV beautifully.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
dlihcsnatas (274) - Texas, USA - FEB 27, 2014
Other than being a very clear golden brew it smells and tastes like grapefruit juice. It has that sweetness that is followed by the acidic bitterness, just about like drinking grapefruit juice. So while yes that is the initial reaction after a few drinks there is more to it but it is not a major contribution to the overall taste. Luckily I like grapefruit juice so it’s a pretty good brew in my book.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Berard (273) - Salem, New Hampshire, USA - JAN 13, 2014
Draft. Pours dark orange with thin white head that lingers. Wonderful hop aroma with little carbonation. Great grapefruit hop flavor with nice complexity. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
mtdewa1 (273) - rome, New York, USA - FEB 13, 2014
UPDATED: JUL 10, 2014 The only thing that sucks about this is I didnt try it sooner. Aroma is malt, citrus, rye and wheat. Poured into glass. Pale gold, moderate lacing and head. Taste is malt, citrus and lingering bitterness. Nice mouthful not to dry. Very good easy to drink, especially at 7 plus percent. Another great beer from a great brewery! Cheers

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
hypn0toad (267) - Maryland, USA - DEC 24, 2011
Oh my this surely smells like christmas, I feel like I am in a pine forrest. This is great because on this christmas eve I returned home only to find that my mother had a non traditional pink artificial christmas tree! This is a very hoppy but good beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
bconch (267) - - JUL 31, 2012
Taken from old notes. Fruity nose with grapefruit and others. Nice sweet/bitter taste that finishes mildly bitter.