overall

RATINGS: 417   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.42   IBU: 38   EST. CALORIES: 210   ABV: 7%
Our flagship beer, this English Strong Ale is available throughout the Adirondacks and greater Northeast. Deep garnet red in color, Ubu weighs in at 7% alcohol by volume (ABV) but is known for its fantastic taste. It features dark fruit and roasted malt flavors, with a slightly bitter finish. 43 SRM.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
seekingup2 (80) - - DEC 13, 2011
Aroma of fruit, caramel and nuts upon pour. Nice smooth drink with a little bit of a sour finish. Good beer overall!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Droptank (79) - Spring, Texas, USA - MAY 6, 2008
Very good brew. Malty taste and smell and smooth finish with a sting of bitterness on the back end. I also detected a hint of molasses in there as well.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
rob897 (62) - Buffalo, New York, USA - OCT 19, 2007
Pour is a deep amber, the aroma is sweet and malty. Flavor is smooth with some spicy hops and a nice hoppy finish

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
skisangelo (60) - Collingswood, New Jersey, USA - MAR 28, 2005
It poured a dark ruby color and thick foamy tan head that vanished quickly. Smells of both sweet malt and strong hops, and this carries through nicely to the taste. Itís moderately hopped, but not dominated by it, there is a nice maltiness as well. Rather drinkable, especially if youíre looking for a nice ale with a sweet taste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
njmoons (59) - New Jersey, USA - SEP 22, 2009
One of the first microís I ever had (many years ago), tried it while at a hockey tournament in Lake Placid. So Ubu Ale is in part responsible for my beer obsession. I had another one recently to see what I think today. It poured a rich dark brown, with a thin head which had some staying power. Smell of ale yeast, with some fruit tones, and aroma hops. The hops tended to dominate the aroma. Taste, Ubu is a very hoppy strong ale. I am not a íhop headí by any means, but I felt the beer was still in balance (sweet to bitter), and enjoyable. The beer had a typical mouthfeel and was drinkable. If you like hoppy ale you would likely find this very drinkable.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Lehighbri (46) - Pennsylvania, USA - APR 15, 2011
This beerís just not the same when drinking it when itís springtime... definitely a winter time/cold temperature beer. Average aroma and color but good sweet/caramel taste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
AmyGinger (43) - USA - FEB 21, 2010
Not a big fan of most Placid brews but love Ubu. Great flavor, great on the palate. Just not the best appearance in my opinion

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
pubscout (28) - Perth Amboy, New Jersey, USA - APR 1, 2005
I got tipped to this beer while visiting my local liquor locker, and great tip it was, too. beautiful, deep garnet color, wonderful nose and very nice mouthfeel combine to make this a worthy addition to your stash. Malty and rich-tasting, it could easily serve as a session beer, but enjoyed it with my dinner of meat loaf and potatoes smothered with brown gravy and onions. First LP beer Iíve tried--at least as far as I can remember--and itís a winner in my book.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
fiddler26 (23) - New York, USA - JUL 11, 2012
Bought this in bottle while at grocery store feeling too lazy to go to beer store. Place had several of my old dependables in 12-packs, but only wanted six. This beer was so not me. Malty in the extreme, skunky on the palate. I forced myself through one and will give the rest away. I think my dislike of this is largely a function of my preference for high-hopped pales and IPAs. This was like a chocolate malt with beer poured in it. Might be good to you, but not to me.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
bdgf06 (19) - Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 4, 2013
Nice color. Off white head. Sampler at the Lake Placid brewery. Smooth all the way. Chocolate aroma. Very nice on palate. Good overall beer ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone