Lake Superior Puddingstone Light
     click to upload

Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 3   MEAN: 2.23/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.58   EST. CALORIES: 135   ABV: 4.5%

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
patrick767 (3570) - fort wayne, Indiana, USA - AUG 6, 2012
tap at the brewpub - Pours very pale, hazy yellow-green with a small, lingering white head. It has a light, citrus accented aroma. The flavor is light and sweet. Unfortunately it’s also a thin, watery beer with some off bandage like flavor. Not good.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Onslow (1154) - Kalamazoo, Michigan, USA - JUL 3, 2010
Rating these in the order sampled…

Watery brew with virtually no head and not much aroma. Light bodied and light amber in color. At first I thought I detected a nice lemony citrus sensation when I sniffed it, but that was just the lemon hunk in it. Flavor dominated by a clean bitter wheat and yeast combo at the end of the swallow. My sample was a bit warm and the weak, watery, and warm combo didn’t work well for me. Not much else there. For a light beer – it is good.

Had I known this was a light beer, I would have passed it by – the sign aobe the bar just said “Puddingstone Wheat.” In a way, I’m relieved to discover (here on ratebeer) that is a light and so the taste merely reflects on the compromises inherent in brewing something like that, and not on the brewer’s skill.

(Yeah – I know – I should reign in the fawning compliments.)

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
auerbrau (3166) - Peace Dale, Rhode Island, USA - OCT 7, 2006
Thin lightly hazed yellow pour. Rim of white. Light skunky waft of malt. Distant corn tinged sugars of faint malt. Carboard and coarse grain. Palate has a smack of toast and weak plants. Body isn’t bad, but why beat up an American Wheat as your entry level blonde? This comes across as a Broberon Bud Light.