ScottageCheese (4) - - SEP 15, 2012 does not count
4.6 AROMA 8/10 APPEARANCE 5/5 TASTE 9/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 20/20
Excellent Red Ale from Wisconsin's 2nd best craft beer maker! Smooth finish, malted hops with a hint of caramel. Darker Red beer, but a fantastic beer!
---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone
pjwalsh2 (87) - Palos Park, Illinois, USA - DEC 1, 2011
4.5 AROMA 9/10 APPEARANCE 5/5 TASTE 9/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 18/20
1. Look – A hazy amber-brown color ale with a large frothy off white color head.
2. Sniff – This is ale has a caramel aroma with a noticeable hoppy nose.
3. Sip – This medium bodied red ale is full of malty flavors, but has a crisp hoppy taste as well. Also, there is a significant amount of sediment in this ale giving it a hearty characteristic. There is a subtle grapefruit finish with hints of pine also.
4. Another Look – This is an excellent looking red ale and has excellent lacing.
5. Evaluate – Overall, this is my new favorite red ale. It has a sweet malty taste with a bold hoppy backbone. I would strongly recommend this ale to those who enjoy easy-to-drink ales. This unfiltered ale is a well-crafted and offers plenty to those seeking more from their beers.
bshotbox (12) - Wisconsin, USA - APR 19, 2012
4.5 AROMA 8/10 APPEARANCE 5/5 TASTE 9/10 PALATE 5/5 OVERALL 18/20
a great compromise if you need a quick hop fix, but will not overpower your palate, a well balanced "go to" for a refreshing hoped up red ale
strap (575) - Seoul, SOUTH KOREA - DEC 20, 2012
4.4 AROMA 10/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 9/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 17/20
Deep red with a thin white head. Complex taste...a strong pine flavored hoppiness on the front with some cola sweetness on the back end. Well done beer, not at all what I expected
---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone
helms05 (8) - Kansas City, Missouri, USA - AUG 15, 2014 does not count
4.4 AROMA 7/10 APPEARANCE 5/5 TASTE 9/10 PALATE 5/5 OVERALL 18/20
This is honestly now my favorite red. I had this on tap, AT the brewery, many times. Very nice in color and appearance (amber red, as it should be). Complex flavor for a red. Aroma is standard for a red, nothing crazy but not boring.
J1897 (4) - green bay, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 29, 2012 does not count
4.3 AROMA 5/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 9/10 PALATE 5/5 OVERALL 20/20
One of my favorite beer, it has good hop smell its grassy and has hood after taste. By far one of the best lake front beer they have brew
habadin (15) - Raleigh, North Carolina, USA - NOV 11, 2012
4.3 AROMA 8/10 APPEARANCE 5/5 TASTE 8/10 PALATE 5/5 OVERALL 17/20
Bottle. Awesome smell.Not too overpowering. Low the red ale color. Taste malty and hoppy. Being born in Milwaukee doesn’t influence this rating at all...
BeerBeforeH20 (129) - Minnesota, USA - JAN 2, 2013
4.3 AROMA 9/10 APPEARANCE 5/5 TASTE 9/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 16/20
delicious hop smell, great balanced flavor. This is certainly my favorite offering from Lakefront, was actually really surprised on the first gulp of this beer after having tried other lakefront brews. This is my go to amber ale now, really hides the ABV well and makes a good session beer.
BB1950 (10) - - NOV 24, 2012
4.2 AROMA 8/10 APPEARANCE 5/5 TASTE 8/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 17/20
great red ale, I have had a few reds in the past and really enjoyed them, but the good ones seem hard to find. Fixed gear as an Imperial red is really the cats meow, as it is brings both all the great peices of a red ale into an imperial style
mkel07 (4301) - Brisbane, AUSTRALIA - JUN 18, 2014
4.2 AROMA 8/10 APPEARANCE 4/5 TASTE 8/10 PALATE 4/5 OVERALL 18/20
355ml bottle from Archive Beer Boutique 190513. Dark and black with a mountain of thick tan foam. Strong citrus hop aroma with a mouth warming hop flavour tat carries hints of vanilla and liquorice in the background. You can taste the alcohol.