overall

RATINGS: 691   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.09   EST. CALORIES: 192   ABV: 6.4%
This unique stout combines the flavor of roasted malts and Milwaukee’s reknown FUEL CAFE coffee. The fine balance of mild hops, the gentle acidity of choice cofee and the sweetness of the barley makes this an unforgettable brew.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
SturmWulf (65) - USA - DEC 26, 2007
Nice aroma of dark chocolate, coffee, roasted malt, milk chocolate smells good! Poured very dark brown, with a nice, large, frothy tan head that was very, very slow in receding. Lets lots of lacing. Head became a thick cream cap that never left. Beautiful looking beer! Started with a slightly sweet milk chocolate that was quickly replaced by strong black coffee, followed by dark chocolate, then nice roasted malt then back to a good strong coffee. Very nice taste, bitter is good, but not overpowering, very pleasant. If you like coffee, you will love this! Nice medium body, creamy sticky texture, slightly above average carbonation, nice dry, short bitter finish that is pleasant! While my favorite style of stouts is not the coffee style, this one is excellent! :) I really enjoyed it! I will definitely drink this again. A excellent job by Lakefront! Give it a try if you like coffee stouts! Served in a pint.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
roxtersoxter (307) - McKinney, Texas, USA - JAN 21, 2011
Great beer for the coffee drink. Very strong coffee smell and taste. Full bodied taste and dark rich color.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
BigBen2120 (688) - Derry, New Hampshire, USA - JUN 8, 2008
12oz brown bottle from The Lighthouse in Manchester as part of this brewery’s sampler 8-pack. Pours an opaque black body with a good inch of short-lived tan head. Smells roasty - like black coffee with dark chocolate notes. Tastes roasty and sweet, with strong coffee and chocolate notes. Full-bodied with ample carbonation, one sip definitely invites another. Nothing wrong with this brew - practically perfect coffee stout!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
maxwelldeux (3664) - Everett, Washington, USA - DEC 20, 2012
Bottle. Pours a very dark brown color with almost no head on it. Nose is heavily coffee laden, which I like. I find the taste to have more of the roasting/bitter/acidic elements to it, but not the sweet elements the style hints at. Still really like it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
THE BEER BARON (275) - Wisconsin, USA - FEB 13, 2002
A nice coffee flavored stout. If you like this one try New Glarus Coffee Stout.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
mikeben (355) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - APR 17, 2006
Hm I would have to try the coffee to be real fair here but since I cannot, I will do my best. A little bitter and heavy I liked the true coffee flavor, but wanted it to be a little sweeter and creamier. If you like bitter black coffee (I like mine with cream and sugar) it would be great. Points for being unique.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
sloshgator (426) - Orlando, Florida, USA - SEP 12, 2012
Although Fuel Cafe has very little aroma, I think this stout is as good as it gets. The bottle says it is a "coffee flavored" but I get more chocolate flavors with a hint of coffee. Palate is rich and thick with a sweet taste and very little bitter. Fuel Cafe is a real treat!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
JMerritt (1796) - Macomb, Illinois, USA - JAN 26, 2002
Wow. I was pleasantly surprised by this beer, I bought it on a whim, and was hesitant to taste it. I poured a glass, and this stuff was BLACK with a tan/brown head. If I didn’t know better, I would have thought that this WAS coffee just by looking at it! It had a definite coffee aroma, with a subtle hint of chocolate. Flavor was much the same: a creamy coffee taste. After finishing the glass, I felt as though I had just had an iced coffee and not a beer. Specialty brews like this are my favorite, and make beer tasting worthwhile.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
bac080 (398) - Bloomington, Illinois, USA - JUN 3, 2003
It has a dark, very minimal head. A think brew reminiscent of Bells Expedition Stout.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
thedm (4935) - Fort Wayne, USA - MAR 12, 2004
This bottled brew poured a large head of foamy fine to large sized dark brown colored long lasting bubbles that left behind a good lacing. The body was opaque and black as midnight with no hope of seeing any carbonation. The aroma is full of wonderful brown malts and a hint of molasses. I could just keep on smelling this one. The mouth feel is smooth with a slight tingle that mellows in the finish. The flavor contains just a small amount of coffee and a lot of deep sweet stout goodness. Not as thick and chewy as some stouts, but it can hold its own. The coffee taste is not as strong as I expected. A very nice blend of coffee and dark malts.