overall
Serve in English pint

RATINGS: 457   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.84   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Straw colored with a mild amount of hopping. Organic ESB is one of the few certified organic beers brewed in the world today. The malt bill is comprised of 2-row, Munich, and caramel that is flavored with organic German Perle hops.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
TheDean (786) - MIlwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - APR 26, 2002
Lakefront Brewery - one of my favorate breweries that is a block or two away from my house. Unfortunatly, this is there worst beer I had. Mind you, this is like saying ’The worst car model Porche makes’. If I had to drink it all day, I would not complain in the least.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
npdempse (934) - St. Petersburg, Florida, USA - APR 26, 2002
True to form--quicly diminishing head over a reddish body. Slightly bready malt flavors dominate, with some toffeeish and buttery notes. The hops aren’t really ’pronounced,’ they’re just kind of their to make things a bit more bitter, as one would expect of an ESB. I don’t know what ESBs others have been drinking, but this seems to fit the profile I’ve come to expect from English brewers like Gales and Fullers.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Admiral (524) - Schnecksville, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 29, 2002
Middle-of-the-road. I can see why some would consider this unlike the standard ESB; the color is certainly light. ’Hop spiciness’ is right; it’s not floral or grassy but rather lightly, how shall I put it, piquant. Eminently drinkable, though.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
muzzlehatch (4420) - Burlington, Vermont, USA - JAN 2, 2002
Bottle, first try. Color light orange-red, with big but quick-disappearing head; aroma incredible, with too many fruits bursting through to count (a few that stick: raspberry, grapefruit, cherryapple) plus a nice hint of caramel malt; flavor an excellent balance of flowery citrus & bitter hops with enough of the aforementioned sweet malts to give it body (though it could be just a bit thicker); finish is a little on the quick side. Overall, another fine product from one of the USA’s great unknowns.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
ESBFREAK (20) - tallahassee, Florida, USA - DEC 24, 2001
An ESB? I don’t know about that. Pretty inoffensive, but, not much else. The taste fades quickly. I guess you could call it a ’lite’ ESB.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Aurelius (4677) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - NOV 21, 2001
UPDATED: SEP 25, 2003 Rerate: I take issue with the 'Organic' label in general -- beer is almost all organic. Distinct malt and caramel aroma with good hops. Notes of blackberries in a medium bitter brew. I liked this a lot better the 2nd go-round. Good palate for a bitter, and very drinkable.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
heykevin (1281) - Decorah, Iowa, USA - NOV 9, 2001
This beer had a very unique malt nuttiness that was very enjoyable.