RATINGS: 404   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.16   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 163   ABV: 5.42%
Pumpkin Lager is brewed with pumpkins in the mash, spices added during the boil, and lightly hopped. The rich specialty grains and lager fermentation combine to produce the taste and the texture of pumpkin pie.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
howie (549) - DeForest, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 20, 2003
UPDATED: OCT 21, 2003 Orange-amber color, coarse, dissipating head. Aroma of cinammon. Decent body, flavors of cinammon. Not as heavy on the cinammon as "Buffalo Bill's", but it's still way too much and doesn't allow the subtle pumpkin flavor to come through. Not a compliment to Lakefront's time-tested and smooth lager.

Update: After reading the other ratings here, I can't believe I'm drinking the same beer. Hardly a mention of cinammon. Maybe their recipe is less than precise or this year's cinammon is unusually potent.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
WakeandBake (549) - Greenville, Michigan, USA - OCT 12, 2008
Bottle from Pauly’s. Orange in color with a minimal white foam head.Ginger,cinnamon,and nutmeg spice aromas. Tastes like grandma made pumpkin pie with some lager in the mix, very nice very subtle. Nice mouthfeel, some lacing. Solid offering.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
VitaminR (540) - Colorado, USA - AUG 20, 2008
UPDATED: AUG 18, 2009 Sweet fleshy pumpkin nose with cinnamon, nutmeg and clove. Burnt orange color, slight haze, small head. Flakey pie crust and chilled pumpkin pie filling sweetness. Slight bitterness and spices for balance. Good carbonation, full mouth feel, fairly clean finish considering the all of the different flavors. One of the better pumpkin beers out there, it is the pumpkin ale Willy Wonka would make if he was a brewer!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
GKillian (525) - Tucson, Arizona, USA - OCT 6, 2010
Pours amber with white head and some lacing. Notes of pumpkin and clove. Well balanced taste of pumpkin and spice with enough hops to keep it honest. Crisp and fizzy.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BeerKurve (520) - - NOV 14, 2012
Very Dark Cloudy Orange. Scent and flavor are a line up of Pumpkin, Spices, Yeasts, Barley and an average malty backbone. The palate is very crisp and light, thanks to a nicely balanced carbonation. Overall a solid Pumpkin Ale.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
Fredis23 (515) - Hickory Hills, Illinois, USA - OCT 29, 2013
Clear Amber Color, Medium Bubbly Head That Dissipates Rather Quickly, No Lacing. Pumpkin Aroma. Taste is Mostly Of Pumpkin, No Distinguishable Spices. Medium Body. Mellow. Decent...

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Wulfstan (509) - California, USA - SEP 23, 2008
This is fairly good for a pumpkin ale, not a very trustworthy style in my experience. Dark brownish amber, a bit cloudy, it has an off-white head soon shrinking to a wispy top. The smell is white wine, stewed fruit, cinnamon and spice, hints of caramelized pumpkin and bread. The taste os alcohol, hints of bread, browned pumpkin, a little spice and toast.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
joe1510 (501) - Illinois, USA - MAR 3, 2007
12oz. Bottle Poured a hazy light orange. Small head that faded to almost nothing.Looks really watery. Some sediment floating around along with carbonation coming up from random places. After a few sips head did fall to nothing. Smells of clove, nutmeg and it seems like a touch of cinnamon. I smell a funky yeast in there as well that I associate with an ale. Smells kind of interesting. Canít make up my mind if I like it or not. Has the taste of a mulled cider but at the end I pick up the yeast maybe? A little twang. Not much pumpkin if any though. Which is a little disappointing considering what it is. The mouthfeel is a on the light side of medium. Leaves my mouth a little tingly but itís just average. Iíd probably only drink one of these. Itís an easy drinker but being as plain as it is and the spices present I couldnít see myself drinking more than one. Overall this beer is about as average as you can get. I was hoping for a little more. I always get excited for the seasonals but this was a let down. For some reason this beer drinks more like a cider. Every drink I take I seem to think it needs to be heated up and a cinnamon stick thrown in it. Worth a try if you can just buy a single bottle. Sampled 10/6/06

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
Pjones6738 (500) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 23, 2002
On tap: Appropriately orange colored, both a smell and taste of both pumpkin (youíre shocked, I know) and wheat. Surprisingly bitter aftertaste. Not bad for a novelty, but not something Iíd drink regularly.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
MadMan (495) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - NOV 5, 2007
Bottle. Iíve been seeking pumkin beers this year, and I believe this is my 3rd rating so far. This one pours an orangy brown with a disapearing pop like head. Aroma is pretty well dominated by cinnamon, but there is slight notes of other spices. Flavor comes in with some pumkin, loads of cinnamon, hints of nutmeg, allspice, brown sugar, all appropriate pumkin like flavors. Not getting any hops but thats okay, itís not needed. Tthe finish comes in fairly dry and short. Palate on this is thin, watery, but I guess itís supposed to be being a lager and all that. Slightly out of balance in my opinion and improperly spiced this one is coming in last so far on my pumkin spree. DFH is winning right now, I wish I could get my hands on some of that southern tier stuff or Oífallons, but still.