RATINGS: 419   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.16/5   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 163   ABV: 5.42%
Pumpkin Lager is brewed with pumpkins in the mash, spices added during the boil, and lightly hopped. The rich specialty grains and lager fermentation combine to produce the taste and the texture of pumpkin pie.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
BeerKurve (520) - - NOV 14, 2012
Very Dark Cloudy Orange. Scent and flavor are a line up of Pumpkin, Spices, Yeasts, Barley and an average malty backbone. The palate is very crisp and light, thanks to a nicely balanced carbonation. Overall a solid Pumpkin Ale.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Wulfstan (509) - California, USA - SEP 23, 2008
This is fairly good for a pumpkin ale, not a very trustworthy style in my experience. Dark brownish amber, a bit cloudy, it has an off-white head soon shrinking to a wispy top. The smell is white wine, stewed fruit, cinnamon and spice, hints of caramelized pumpkin and bread. The taste os alcohol, hints of bread, browned pumpkin, a little spice and toast.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
joe1510 (501) - Illinois, USA - MAR 3, 2007
12oz. Bottle Poured a hazy light orange. Small head that faded to almost nothing.Looks really watery. Some sediment floating around along with carbonation coming up from random places. After a few sips head did fall to nothing. Smells of clove, nutmeg and it seems like a touch of cinnamon. I smell a funky yeast in there as well that I associate with an ale. Smells kind of interesting. Canít make up my mind if I like it or not. Has the taste of a mulled cider but at the end I pick up the yeast maybe? A little twang. Not much pumpkin if any though. Which is a little disappointing considering what it is. The mouthfeel is a on the light side of medium. Leaves my mouth a little tingly but itís just average. Iíd probably only drink one of these. Itís an easy drinker but being as plain as it is and the spices present I couldnít see myself drinking more than one. Overall this beer is about as average as you can get. I was hoping for a little more. I always get excited for the seasonals but this was a let down. For some reason this beer drinks more like a cider. Every drink I take I seem to think it needs to be heated up and a cinnamon stick thrown in it. Worth a try if you can just buy a single bottle. Sampled 10/6/06

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
Pjones6738 (500) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 23, 2002
On tap: Appropriately orange colored, both a smell and taste of both pumpkin (youíre shocked, I know) and wheat. Surprisingly bitter aftertaste. Not bad for a novelty, but not something Iíd drink regularly.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
jdjuice (497) - Kumamoto, JAPAN - SEP 16, 2014
Pours pale straw white with a little haze. Aroma is pretty strong bananas, wheat. Flavor is pretty light, not much going on. Kinda boring, but not bad.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
MadMan (495) - Tempe, Arizona, USA - NOV 5, 2007
Bottle. Iíve been seeking pumkin beers this year, and I believe this is my 3rd rating so far. This one pours an orangy brown with a disapearing pop like head. Aroma is pretty well dominated by cinnamon, but there is slight notes of other spices. Flavor comes in with some pumkin, loads of cinnamon, hints of nutmeg, allspice, brown sugar, all appropriate pumkin like flavors. Not getting any hops but thats okay, itís not needed. Tthe finish comes in fairly dry and short. Palate on this is thin, watery, but I guess itís supposed to be being a lager and all that. Slightly out of balance in my opinion and improperly spiced this one is coming in last so far on my pumkin spree. DFH is winning right now, I wish I could get my hands on some of that southern tier stuff or Oífallons, but still.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
jmcgavin12 (492) - Madison, USA - AUG 28, 2013
Hazy orange pour with non existent head. Aroma is dominated with spice and sweet pumpkin. High hopes. Taste is sweet with a slight hint of bitter at the finish. Overall weak carbonation and light body lend to an underwhelming but decent pumpkin beer

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
natejgood (483) - Bozeman, Montana, USA - SEP 24, 2008
This beer pours almost orange in color with a light white head. The beer is a bit hazy in the glass. The aroma is sweet and a bit like pumpkin spice. You can definitely taste the lager flavor, but it is sweet and has some hints of pumpkin pie spice. The flavor is a little sweet and doesn’t have as much of the spice as I would like, but it’s not a bad pumpkin beer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
ellolovey (483) - Georgia, USA - OCT 2, 2012
Pours hazy golden amber with a nice tan foamy head. Aroma of pumpkin spice and nutmeg. Pumpkin is all in the nose not in the taste. Lots of spice and earthy hops. Bit of vanilla in the finish. Balances out the bitter and spice. Lightly carbonated and enjoyable. Not sweet like most pumpkin brews.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
shendrix (478) - Waukesha, Wisconsin, USA - JUL 7, 2008
Pretty passable as a dessert beer. The nose, unsurprisingly, was pumpkin and spices. The flavor was a buttery pumpkin/apple hybrid with cinnamon, allspice, and brown sugar very lightly added in.