Lakeman Taupo Pale Ale

Brewed by Lakeman Brewing Company
Style: American Pale Ale
Taupo, New Zealand

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 3.25/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.87   EST. CALORIES: 168   ABV: 5.6%
An American Pale Ale but kiwi style hopped with Wakatu and Cascade and dry hopped with Riwaka.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Jimthechap (2057) - Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND - MAR 3, 2015
It seems I got a bottle from the same batch as my esteemed colleague PDubya as the first appearance of this beer is that it is as flat as buggery. A lovely orange amber colour with perfect clarity though but no head to speak of. Aromas tend toward orange rind, dry red bark and dehydrated apricots. It isn’t as forthright as the Hairy Hop IPA, but has its charms. Carbonation comes out in tasting with quite a zesty spritziness that really showcases the ripe citrus characters of oranges, tangerine and kumquat. This is a tangy beer with an enchanting finish. Once the head retention is sorted this beer will charm legions.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Pdubyah (518) - Auckland, NEW ZEALAND - JAN 31, 2015
UPDATED: MAR 1, 2015 I had a bottle that was flat, but I could discern that it has potential to be something nice, I’ll re-rate if I get another bottle..... Which I did, and the result is a clean crisp beer with a lovely over-arching grassiness, with a decent bitter zing. Lovely carbonation and a decent finish. Not a lot of linger though, making this easy drinking and a great way to spend a sunny afternoon.