Lakewood Root Beer Temptress

Lakewood Root Beer Temptress
     click to upload

RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 3.5/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.86   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 273   ABV: 9.1%

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
Mora2000 (5834) - McKinney, Texas, USA - MAY 18, 2013
Cask at the brewery. Black with a brown head. First off, this thing tastes like root beer. Since I am not a big fan of root beer, coming up with descriptors was not that easy. I get some mint character in the aroma, as well as some roasted malt. The flavor is a bit more complex. I get some cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger notes, as well as some spearmint, chocolate and roasted malt. Medium to thick mouthfeel and medium carbonation. Definitely a different take on one of my favorite beers. Also, this one was very intense. Intense enough that at the brewery they were offering to cut it with 1/2 regular Temptress and 1/2 Root Beer Temptress. I had it straight, but could see why people would want to cut it.