overall
Brewed by Brouwerij De Troch
Style: Sour/Wild Ale
Ternat-Wambeek, Belgium
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 163   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.49   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 105   ABV: 3.5%
LambruchaTM is a blend of Lambics we select and Kombucha brewed to our specifications. For every batch of LambruchaTM, we must taste and select the Lambics we want to use with the Kombucha produced for us. Lambic and Kombucha are naturally varying products so blending is the essence of how LambruchaTM is made. The Kombucha and Lambic used are living yeast beverages. To our knowledge this is the 1st time 2 living yeast beverages have been combined to create a third, different beverage. For this reason we think LambruchaTM is a truly new drink that combines elements of both Kombucha & Lambic. LambruchaTM is bottled for us by Brj, De Troch, Wambeek Belgium.

Arayaga2's rating

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Arayaga2 (1754) - portland, Oregon, USA - JAN 11, 2013
Very light tangerine color with big bubbled white head. Aroma is wine, cheese, bread, hay and ginger. Taste is the same to a lesser extent with a very forward tartness. Itís very light on the palate and finishes pretty clean with a mild but persistent barnyard note.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
jmagnus87 (2220) - Rockford, Illinois, USA - DEC 22, 2013
Bottle at a tasting event. From notes. Tart and fruity with a decent bit of barnyard funk. Enjoyable, but not something I would seek out.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
harrymel (1450) - Spokane, Washington, USA - DEC 5, 2013
Excited to try this. Pours an almost hollow yellow with a fine whtie foam. Smells strait up brats & sauerkraut, sole lemons, nice traditional kombucha character, bits of pepper. I like the nose. Flavor is tart with black tea of the kombucha and a nice lemon tartness and a slight hit of meat and a good run of herbal and depthy character. Medium with a fun fizzy, nice wet finish. I like this beer. Serving type: bottle 11-11-2012

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
rdixon77 (451) - Georgia, USA - NOV 28, 2013
I like Kombuchas. I even. Grow them at home. I like Lambic. Might of should of left these two worlds apart. Hazy yellow. Has tart aroma and some vinegar and spices. A little bit if the tea quality, but mostly funk and lemon.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
drowland (5961) - Valdosta, Georgia, USA - OCT 30, 2013
10/13/13. 750mL bottle shared by Adam - thanks! Pale golden pour with a small, frothy off-white head. I was curious about this one because I worked at a natural/organic market for a year recently and learned all about kombucha - though I canít say I ever grew to like it. The aroma is vinegar - a bad combo of mediocre lambic and kombucha tea - light funk, tea, mint, some spice. Vinegar on the flavor as well, bitterness as well, mild tea, more mint and spice. Meh.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
BVery (5620) - Burnsville, Minnesota, USA - OCT 5, 2013
Sampled from a bottle at Where the Wild Beers Are. Tart fruit and quite dry - maybe some tea elements in here. I thought this was pretty solid.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
mansquito (3114) - Nueva York, New York, USA - SEP 1, 2013
Memphis Taproom, Philadelphia 750ml ($16): Pours murky yellow with barely any head. Aroma is an herbal bomb. It is a smell I remember very well, but I canít quite pinpoint it. Sort of tastes like middle eastern food. Probably reminiscent of some Komboucha I have had. I am getting way more Komboucha in this than I am getting Lambic. My brother has been dying to try this for quite some time, but upon trying it, he was sorely disappointed. I have to say that I was expecting something better as well.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
shigadeyo (2964) - Harrison, Ohio, USA - AUG 1, 2013

7/08/2010: Lambrucha... Aroma: Tart (like cranberry) and minty?; a bit fruity. Appearance: Fuzzy melon color (think blush wine). Flavor: Tart cranberry right up front and then POOF! gone... to tea with some floral notes and weak berry to a hint of peppermint and then finishes sour; quick and painless since nothing lingers; not much there. Palate: Light; mild carbonation. Overall: Refreshing, but itís a very weak lambic; somebody said, "pickled watermelon" and "table lambic" and both those describe this beer well!

1 pint 9.4 fl. oz. bottle (3.5% Alc. by Vol.). Rating #157 for this beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Scopey (5557) - Croydon, Greater London, ENGLAND - JUL 2, 2013
Bottle from Total Wines, Tampa. It pours cloudy gold with a small white head. The nose is earth, damp leaf, mustiness, herbal, lemongrass, faint blue cheese and sour apricot. The taste is lemon, juicy tartness, sherbet, lime, sour apricot, mild acidity, vinous and earth with a dry, tart finish. Light-medium body, high carbonation and velvety mouth-feel. Iím not a massive fan of the nose, but it tastes rather nice. Nice refreshing sherbet thing going on.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
rbrazell (1458) - Tallahassee, Florida, USA - JUN 21, 2013
Bottle from Sourfest. Pale golden pour with a bubbly white head. Weird, almost off putting aroma of tartness, herbal tea, and yeastiness. Flavor was just as awkward. Iím not sure what to make of this.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
poisoneddwarf (1625) - Rathdrum, Idaho, USA - JUN 13, 2013
Rating from 6/9/13. 750 ml corked and caged green bottle. Pours hazy pale yellow with a white soapy head with great retention. Aroma is bizarre: earth, vinegar, barnyard funk, herbal (I have no idea what Kombucha tea smells or tastes like). Iíve never smelled a beer quite like this. Taste is sour (8 in a scale of 1-10), acidic, herbal (like a gueuze spiked with herbal tea). Mouthfeel is foamy, body medium to near thin, finish dry. Odd. Iím glad I got to experience it, but Iíll never buy it again.