overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 302   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.73   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Just in time for the summer,this American wheat lager style beer with subtle suggestion of real,fresh strawberries,is the perfect pint of true refreshment. Light and crisp, our Strawberry Wheat is a "must try" for fruit and beer lovers alike.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Nuffield (3772) - Roseville, Minnesota, USA - JUN 10, 2003
I'm still a sucker for the fruit beer. Effervescent aroma. Flavor like a chewy strawberry granola bar--i.e. slightly fake, but satisfying. Solid head, decent palate, light yellow color. Works for me. (on tap, Pennsylvania Microbrewers Fest 2003)

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
McWhite (108) - Sinking Spring, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 18, 2003
Definitely smelled of strawberries, but such a strong smell must be from an additive. Light yellow color with a decent head. Strawberry flavor wasn't as strong as the aroma suggests. I haven't tried many fruit beers, but this one was probably average of the ones I've tried.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
raymow (985) - Bensalem, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 25, 2003
I really enjoyed this brew. It has a nice strawberry aroma and flavor - neither of which are overpowering. Reminds me of Pete's Strawberry brew. I wouldn't want to drink either of them all night long, but 1 or 2 every now and then would be fine by me.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
jeffc666 (1984) - Fairfax, Virginia, USA - AUG 1, 2003
Slight strawberry aroma, expected more. Light golden in color. Quickly vanishing head. Cloying strawberry extract taste. overwhelms any other flavors. I did not like it but I have met very few fruit beers that I do like.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
blank (996) - Austin, Texas, USA - JUL 30, 2003
strong strawberry aroma, but it's not found in the flavor... it's at best an average wheat...

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
dolemike1 (1288) - Jeannette, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 28, 2003
As bad as the SA Cherry Wheat if not worse. The finish reminded me of a chalky Strawberry Cream saver candy. Downright bad

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
Jayb0 (1081) - Cherry Hill, New Jersey, USA - JUL 13, 2003
Straberry wheat is an ill-conceived plan executed only fairly well with this beer. I found strawberry too mild to balance the wheat character. And a bit too candyish. And a bit too sweet.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
DubbelO7 (42) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 5, 2003
I'm not big on strawberry beers, especially not wheat ones . The cherry wheat that Sam Adams/boston brewing/jim koch etc make is vastly better for this type of fruit wheat beer . I give them credit for trying though . I only had 6 via the Lancaster sampler pack . I'm bored with this beer. Drank 3 and offered rest to my wife who wasn't impressed either.(for whatever THAT'S worth, lol )

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
Wakie (612) - Centreville, Virginia, USA - JUL 30, 2003
Strong strawberry aroma and taste but what could have been a great beer is lacking. Too much water and not enough taste. A shame.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
ravidesai (947) - Bombay, INDIA - JUN 11, 2003
amber gold with a thinb head. sweet fruity aroma. taste is slightly synthetic and oversweet yet peasant and even finishes on a tart note. not bad at all