overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 296   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.73   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Just in time for the summer,this American wheat lager style beer with subtle suggestion of real,fresh strawberries,is the perfect pint of true refreshment. Light and crisp, our Strawberry Wheat is a "must try" for fruit and beer lovers alike.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 19/20
Gorosaurus (15) - Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 5, 2009
The ísubtleí suggestion that the description mentions is actually pretty far from the mark. The aroma itself is very strongly strawberry influenced, and the flavor is so thick with it that you will find yourself trying to sift the seeds through your teeth (there are none, of course)! It is a fairly light beverage as a whole, but that works to its advantage. This is a brew that will appeal to non-beer-drinkers and brewheads alike. It is not TOO intensely fruity to turn off the beer snobs, and it is so refreshly different from any other brews that newbies are bound to love it. I speak from experience. The Strawberry Wheat is the first beer I ever truly enjoyed, and opened my eyes to the entire world of craft brewing. Thatís not to say that it is the finest brew ever constructed, but it does what it does darn well. I donít think this is a beer to win competitions. Just a beer to win new people.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
beerguy717 (20) - , Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 3, 2003
Nice strawberry aroma and balance without the overpowering sweet/fruity taste...GENIUS! Not my style of beer, but quite refreshing on occasion and my wife loves it.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
PassMeAbeer (3) - allentown, New Jersey, USA - OCT 14, 2005 does not count
I like it. Maybe I need to try more beers so that I can be more critical with it. I am definetly a "beginner"

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
quasiknt (1) - USA - MAY 28, 2008 does not count
Strawberry flavor without being overpowering. Smooth taste, creamy, goes down easy! The gest "fruit" beer I have ever tasted. Best if fresh from the brewery; bottled beer loses quality with age.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
raymow (831) - Bensalem, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 25, 2003
I really enjoyed this brew. It has a nice strawberry aroma and flavor - neither of which are overpowering. Reminds me of Pete's Strawberry brew. I wouldn't want to drink either of them all night long, but 1 or 2 every now and then would be fine by me.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
SudsMcDuff (5930) - .....Manchester United.........., Texas, USA - AUG 11, 2012
drinking @ The Jean Bonnet Tavern in Bedford,PA .. really nice brew. uplifting and refreshing. good after my bison burger. perfect session! .. good stoppage by dean!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
machfive55 (358) - Columbia, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 16, 2008
Iím surprised that this beer has gotten a lot of bad reviews. I thoroughly enjoy this beer. The beer was on tap and the pour was light amber, with little head but a lively carbonation. The beer has a nice fruity aroma, with strawberry as the highlight. Little or no hop aroma. The flavor is extremely balanced, with a slight sourness attributed to the strawberry, which blends nicely and is not over the top. This is a nice clean beer as you would expect from a lager, a nice clean yeast profile. This beer is a session beer that goes down smoothly and I could easily drink several of them in one sitting.

Cornboy (424) - Eastampton, New Jersey, USA - MAY 2, 2004
Darker than expected pour, amberish in color. Aroma is strawberries as expected. Taste is strawberry and lactose. Very smooth, not overly sweet and a nice strawberry finish. Not the most complex beer you will have but very drinkable. If you are a fan of fruit beers, this is the best of the strawberry flavored ones.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
checkmatei1 (765) - Willow Grove, Pennsylvania, USA - JUN 30, 2008
Draft @ Paulís Wedding: Poured a dark orange color with a ton of head (might have been a problem with tap, not sure). The aroma was of sweet strawberries. The flavor was a creamy strawberry that reminded me of a milk shake. I enjoyed this beer a lot.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 20/20
austinpowers (2826) - New York, New York, USA - AUG 22, 2007
Lots of artificial strawberry aroma and some strawberry flavor, even. Very nice if you like a light, refreshing fake fruit beer. Iím not ashamed to say I thought it was pretty good, for what it was. How it could be better: it could have been cloudy; it could have used real strawberries instead of artificial flavoring (but that would have made it cost $5/bottle instead of $1.20); it could have been richer (the downside of which is that would have masked any strawberry flavoring).