Landmark Black Steel Oaked Imperial Stout

click to upload

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 2.85/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.77/5   ABV: -

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Lubiere (11586) - Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA - MAY 12, 2010
A deep dark stout with a thick creamy brown head. A sweet chocolate aroma with light wafting vanilla and alcohol. In mouth, a sweetish yet bitter chocolate, loads of hops and warming alcohol. A bit thin. On tap at Clarkes Ale House, April 30 2010.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Brigadier (3325) - Clevelandish, Ohio, USA - APR 24, 2010
64 oz growler
When Jeff brought this out I was intrigued. After all it might be fairly common to be the first one to try a new beer from some brewery. Being the first to try a new brewery is far less common. Based on this experience I donít see myself rushing to get the rest of their releases but if they happen to come my way I am sure I will probably end up sampling them. Letís hope this was a outlier rather than a representation.

Aroma / Appearance - Very light for an imperial stout this didnít have much presence at all. Fluid and black it looked more like a regular stout and played the part with only hints of malt and ash.

Flavor / Palate - Watery and light this did not have any texture. Meek hints of licorice, coffee, sweet raisins, and memories of chocolate were a timid attempt to make a statement. I will give them the benefit of the doubt for being new. If this is still representative of the beer in a few yearís time then it truly is a flawed product.