overall

RATINGS: 768   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.83   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Brewed in Jacksonville for Margaritaville Brewing Co.
Refreshing, drinkable island lager. Found in 4.7% and 4.0% variants.

landsharklager.com

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
EKGoldings (526) - Radford, Virginia, USA - SEP 26, 2007
UPDATED: JAN 11, 2008 Well, well, well, what do we have here? Now Buffet’s restaurants make a mean margarita, that is true, so I thought it might be possible that they make a decent beer too, no? Ahhh ... an A-B product, I thought as I surveyed the label before a sniff. A bad copy of a Corona I was thinking after the first few sips of this insipid and uninspired beer. Actually, the last couple of Coronas that I had were not skunked ..making me wonder if they are using reduced hop extracts. In this Landshark it really doesn’t matter ... people who drink this regularly have no idea what a good beer is. And no, the line of ones in the rating is no mistake .... Wait .... no .... I change my mind. After looking at some of the high ratings of this beer, I must admit that it is extravagantly hopped, undeniably elegant, a perfect example of a beer brewed with a long fishing trip in mind. Er ...no.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
DuffMan (6439) - the land of bitumen, beef & beer, Alberta, CANADA - SEP 26, 2007
Comes in a clear bottle, Corona-style, and I’m sure this is the market these guys are targeting, with the whole Jimmy Buffet schtick. This beer is similar to Corona, light in body and flavour, but remarkably even less hopped.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
beerfinder1 (48) - PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 25, 2007
Yuk, this beer sucks. I had this down in OC, MD. Looking at the lable wondering who makes it, I find out it put out by Anheuser Busch. Enough said.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
Ty5592 (1018) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 21, 2007
Had this at a place down the shore. This beer wants to be Corona..........some flavor but just a basic brew.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Cornfield (5437) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - SEP 19, 2007
No surprize here that this was contract brewed by A-B. In its clear bottle it looks pretty much like a urine sample. Poured, it created a sustained, thick creamy head... sitting on a urine sample. Not much aroma - some corn, sweet malt, grasses. Pretty light on the flavor, too - water, corn, water, malt, water, a weak metallic bitterness, water. The finish was wet.

<font size=-4>Single bottle purchase (Praise Be!) from <a href=http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowPlace.asp? Fine Wine and Spirits (formerly Armanetti’s), Mundelein, IL.<font size=-1>

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
shrubber85 (7290) - Greenville, Indiana, USA - SEP 17, 2007
Bottle. Sour corn malt aroma. Pale yellow color with small head. Light sour corn malt flavor. An obvious attempt to squeeze into the Corona market - just slightly better. Jimmy biting the hand that fed him.

1.1
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
cbeers21 (693) - Miami, Florida, USA - SEP 9, 2007
I gave this beer a try...repeatedly....its probably the worst beer i have ever had.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
MattShizzle (539) - Bernville, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 7, 2007
Bottle - parents brought me this from Ocean City, MD. Light golden, slightly cloudy. Very little aroma. Pretty lame. Typical of a mass market American Lager - at microbrew prices.

0.6
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
keepersj12 (2627) - Sicklerville, New Jersey, USA - SEP 6, 2007
A friend got this for me in Florida. I thought it looked interesting. Cool bottle. Then I poured it. I knew I was in trouble when there was virtually no aroma whatsoever. Then I drank it. Bud screamed in my head. Lo and behold it is Bud. Fancy label and a fake brewery. Stay away from this slop. Down the drain it went. At least I didn’t buy it.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
guzzler67 (1490) - Hanover, Maryland, USA - SEP 3, 2007
Clear, bright yellow/gold appearance with a medium size white head and minimal lacing. Muted aroma ; some sweet maltiness. Clean, mild, moderately sweet, subdued hop taste. Light bodied, well carbonated mouthfeel with a short lived finish. Really not bad for a mass produced pale lager.