overall

RATINGS: 773   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.83   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Brewed in Jacksonville for Margaritaville Brewing Co.
Refreshing, drinkable island lager. Found in 4.7% and 4.0% variants.

landsharklager.com

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
Hinez57 (173) - Clinton, Mississippi, USA - OCT 12, 2007
So my friend Buck says he’s got a new beer fer me 2 try.... it’s the Landshark. I says, "Buck that’s a Pale American Lager in yer cool box". Shur nuff Buck pulls her out, pops the top and I pour her up. Mmmmm I says, "I can barely taste the corn, unlike that crappy ’octoberfest styled Marzen’ Anheiser Busch makes". So I rate err up! As ye kan C she aint much to brag about... but hey if ya effer gotta chooz between any ole lite beer and this stuff.... go with the Shark. It’s definatly the lesser of 2 evils, but still evil none the less! Tell yer maw I says hi.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
BOBANDDOUG (61) - Belleville, Illinois, USA - OCT 9, 2007
Pours typical industrial beer yeelow, with white head. Nothing really stands out, a little malt, very little hint of hops, and some malt & corn flavors. Not a bad brew, but not really my style. I can, however, see myself putting a few of these down as a lawn beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
maniac (3800) - Baltimore, Maryland, USA - OCT 7, 2007
Clear golden yellow body with a fizzy white head. Light corn aroma. Medium high carbonation. Sweet corn flavor with a medium light body.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
puboflyons (2077) - Allenstown, New Hampshire, USA - SEP 28, 2007
Bottle with the serial number: 07235JA50. Pours a golden yellow with a white head and unending carbonation. A little grassy scent. Nothing special in the mouth, light and watery are good descriptions. This appears to be Budweiser’s answer to Corona but I found it to be tastier than Corona. It’s supposed to be Jimmy Buffett’s gift to the beer world. Well I am not a Jimmy Buffett fan and my feeling about the beer is mutual.

1.3
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
BCMike22 (80) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - SEP 27, 2007
Okay, not offensive in any way, but lacking taste. Wouldn’t go out of my way to drink this beer again, but wouldn’t turn one down at a tailgate.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
EKGoldings (526) - Radford, Virginia, USA - SEP 26, 2007
UPDATED: JAN 11, 2008 Well, well, well, what do we have here? Now Buffet’s restaurants make a mean margarita, that is true, so I thought it might be possible that they make a decent beer too, no? Ahhh ... an A-B product, I thought as I surveyed the label before a sniff. A bad copy of a Corona I was thinking after the first few sips of this insipid and uninspired beer. Actually, the last couple of Coronas that I had were not skunked ..making me wonder if they are using reduced hop extracts. In this Landshark it really doesn’t matter ... people who drink this regularly have no idea what a good beer is. And no, the line of ones in the rating is no mistake .... Wait .... no .... I change my mind. After looking at some of the high ratings of this beer, I must admit that it is extravagantly hopped, undeniably elegant, a perfect example of a beer brewed with a long fishing trip in mind. Er ...no.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
DuffMan (6554) - the land of bitumen, beef & beer, Alberta, CANADA - SEP 26, 2007
Comes in a clear bottle, Corona-style, and I’m sure this is the market these guys are targeting, with the whole Jimmy Buffet schtick. This beer is similar to Corona, light in body and flavour, but remarkably even less hopped.

AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 1/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 1/20
beerfinder1 (48) - PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 25, 2007
Yuk, this beer sucks. I had this down in OC, MD. Looking at the lable wondering who makes it, I find out it put out by Anheuser Busch. Enough said.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
Ty5592 (1018) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - SEP 21, 2007
Had this at a place down the shore. This beer wants to be Corona..........some flavor but just a basic brew.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
Cornfield (5460) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - SEP 19, 2007
No surprize here that this was contract brewed by A-B. In its clear bottle it looks pretty much like a urine sample. Poured, it created a sustained, thick creamy head... sitting on a urine sample. Not much aroma - some corn, sweet malt, grasses. Pretty light on the flavor, too - water, corn, water, malt, water, a weak metallic bitterness, water. The finish was wet.

<font size=-4>Single bottle purchase (Praise Be!) from <a href=http://www.ratebeer.com/Places/ShowPlace.asp? Fine Wine and Spirits (formerly Armanetti’s), Mundelein, IL.<font size=-1>