overall

RATINGS: 791   WEIGHTED AVG: 1.84   EST. CALORIES: 141   ABV: 4.7%
Brewed in Jacksonville for Margaritaville Brewing Co.
Refreshing, drinkable island lager. Found in 4.7% and 4.0% variants.

landsharklager.com

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
hopdog (9018) - Lansdale, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 29, 2007
12oz clear bottle showing off its beautiful appearance. Poured a light and clear yellow color (damn, it poured just the way it looked in that clear glass) with an averaged sized white head. Aromas of corn and grains. Tastes of sweet corn. Thin body. Nasty stuff.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Funknmilla (692) - Wayne, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 31, 2007
Summer 2007...pale golden color, off white foamy head...smells a little like corona, and a lot like an ordinary lager...a little citrus aroma, very faint...light bodied, light flavor, with a suggestion of creaminess...easy to drink...this beer is selling like crazy right now, and I see the appeal, it screams summer time...don’t care for the aftertaste in my mouth...sour and drab

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 4/20
biggmike (480) - Hattiesburg, Mississippi, USA - OCT 22, 2007
Pours a clear yellow/golden color with big, fizzy, white head. Not much aroma to speak of, but what there was smelled a bit of corn. Taste is similar to that of Corona, but maybe actually weaker. Carbonation level is high. Not impressed. Then I found out it was an Anheuser-Busch product and I’m not surprised I didnt like it.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 4/20
Drake (8617) - Free Union, Virginia, USA - OCT 23, 2007
UPDATED: APR 7, 2008 Bottle. Expecting more schtick than decency. Margaritaville/Anheuser-Busch? Come on, this can’t be good. Pours dark straw with a thin but voluminous head and good lacing. Aroma is of a skunk drunk on spiked fruit punch. Taste is not what I was expecting. I was expecting Carib, but it is a lot smoother. Pretty smooth as a matter of fact. Still some tartness though. Easily drinkable, but still watery as all hell. If your alternative is Natty Light, go with this. If your alternative is rancid water, go with the dysentery. That is probably a bit strong, but still, I won’t remember this five minutes after I finish it.

1.2
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
ShawnMalloy (130) - Auburn, Massachusetts, USA - OCT 27, 2007
This lager is makes a great platform for a lime. Then again I could just eat a lime.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
ChainGangGuy (4391) - Marietta, Georgia, USA - OCT 21, 2007
($1.29 - 12oz. single at Total Wine in Kennesaw, GA) Appearance: Pours an exceedingly pale yellow body with a large, creamy white head. Smell: Oh dear. Only the faintest whiff of puffed corn. Taste: Here goes nothing! Wow, that’s light. Notes of sweet corn. One single, solitary drop of lemon juice. That’s all! Mouthfeel: Light-bodied. Medium carbonation. Watery. Drinkability: It doesn’t get more boring than this.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
SudsMcDuff (5866) - .....Manchester United.........., Texas, USA - OCT 13, 2007
UPDATED: MAY 11, 2008 Bought in Galveston --- Smell is of slightly sweet corn .. big head on the pour, dies down to decent foam pool, lacing is very impressive --- Taste on the first few sips, well frankly sucks! ...but after awhile it mellows out a bit , some sweet, skunk, metallic ugliness.... On The Beach Beer Only! -- dammit mark!

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
BOBANDDOUG (61) - Belleville, Illinois, USA - OCT 9, 2007
Pours typical industrial beer yeelow, with white head. Nothing really stands out, a little malt, very little hint of hops, and some malt & corn flavors. Not a bad brew, but not really my style. I can, however, see myself putting a few of these down as a lawn beer.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 6/20
Hinez57 (175) - Clinton, Mississippi, USA - OCT 12, 2007
So my friend Buck says he’s got a new beer fer me 2 try.... it’s the Landshark. I says, "Buck that’s a Pale American Lager in yer cool box". Shur nuff Buck pulls her out, pops the top and I pour her up. Mmmmm I says, "I can barely taste the corn, unlike that crappy ’octoberfest styled Marzen’ Anheiser Busch makes". So I rate err up! As ye kan C she aint much to brag about... but hey if ya effer gotta chooz between any ole lite beer and this stuff.... go with the Shark. It’s definatly the lesser of 2 evils, but still evil none the less! Tell yer maw I says hi.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
unclemattie (4222) - Georgia, USA - OCT 22, 2007
20oct07. 12oz clear bottle. Clear yellow, white fizzy head. Aroma of pale malt lager. Flavor is very refreshing, crisp, and clean. I was expecting Bud in a clear bottle or a Corona impersonation. This was surprisingly refreshing. At $5.90 a bottle @ Margaritaville, LV... better off buying a 6pk of it back home.