overall

RATINGS: 324   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.67   SEASONAL: Special   IBU: 98   EST. CALORIES: 300   ABV: 10%
The Devil Dog will chew you up and leave you whimpering for more, At 98 IBUís and 5.2 pounds of hops to the barrel it is an all out assault on the senses. Devil Dog Started as a labor of love but quickly took on a life of its own, leaving us drooling like Pavlovís dogs at the mere mention of its name. Triple dry hopped and at 10% ABV, more than one of these bad boys will cause you to howl at passing strangers and chew up your toys, or anything else you can get your sharp little teeth on. Hops: Columbus, Northern Brewer, Ahtanum, Cascade and Simcoe Malt: Pale, Carmel and Munich

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
kegbeerchick (5) - Spokane, Washington, USA - MAY 7, 2007 does not count
Great beer... Nice Hop balance. Superior finish. Even a nice label Overall a great beer for the true hop head or anyone that craves a great beer

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Braudog (5574) - Hampton, Virginia, USA - MAY 22, 2007
Bottle opened for me at the brewery by owner/brewer Fred (Thanks!!!). This poured a dark rusty amber red. Big, big, big resiny, piney aroma. I really like this ... smooth and quite drinkable, but still big and chewy. Huge malt foundation and outstanding. Woodsy hoppiness that goes down far too easily. World class beer in small town Idaho! (#2903, 5/17/2007)

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
dwyerpg (4436) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - NOV 21, 2010
Quite a bit of malts in the aroma, and thatís the only bad thing I have to say about this beer. Nice orange, full head. Very strong hop flavor. Some malts up front, but then lots of hops afterward. Excellent.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
watsonmd (12) - Georgia, USA - SEP 22, 2012
Second IPA of the night. Nice dry floral flavor. Smooth creamy mouth feel. Clean, hoppy finish. Lingers on the palate just enough.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
drpimento (2151) - La Crosse, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 26, 2011
Wow, what a great surprise. I let the bottle warm a bit out of the fridge and popped the cap without much "pop". But, it poured with a full, decent sized, foamy, frothy, thick, sudsy, off white head that lasts a long time and lots of lace. Color is an almost clear amber with several tiny bubble trails. Aroma is hops, yeast, malt, fruit, game. Flavor is similar to nose with much more bitter than sweet and just right carbonic tang. All in perfect balance for American Imperial IPA. Body and carbonation: perfect too. Finish is like flavor, of average lenght and has alcohol warming. Great beer!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
pss1951 (1) - - JUL 11, 2012 does not count
A wonderful velvety mouth feel and the most well balanced Imperial Iíve come across in a long time. The sweet malt quality of a high gravity beer is well balanced by the hops and the combination makes for a great seasonal. Iíll be looking for this as a special treat every year!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
BrixandBrews (24) - West Richland, Washington, USA - NOV 22, 2013
Beautiful beer! This is never a let down. In fact, the only beer that does not fit my style from this brewery, is one of their more popular beers. The huckleberry cream ale. Everything else is money.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
BJP2006 (43) - Washington, USA - SEP 4, 2006
Draft at Fall Fest Schweitzer Mtn. Pours a light copper color with an everlasting head that is offwhite to Beige. it took me almost 5 minutes to take the first drink as I let it warm some and enjoyed the huge citrusy/piney hop nose on this Imperial IPA, big malt backbone with a long lingering bitterness. hint of sweetness on the first few drinks. huge hop flavor that goes on and on and on with a somewhat orange/apricot hint to it.I feel that this is without a doubt the best brew Laughing Dog has done I hope that it is more than a one time beer

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Ralphie (14) - Post Falls, Idaho, USA - OCT 9, 2006
Huge Hoppy Imperial IPA nice big head and man the hops fire out at ya, probally the biggest IPA I have had One glass was all I could handle but I will be back for more

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
truegen (167) - Puyallup, Washington, USA - MAY 25, 2007
22oz. Bomber. A visit to relatives in Spokane took me to the Yokeís on Argonne, where I found an astounding beer collection, and amongst many new finds, I got the Devil Dog. I think my initial reaction was similar to my first taste of Stoneís Ruination--this is transcendental stuff. I love the Simcoe push, as Iím really becoming a fan of this hop. The alcohol content really seeps into this offering. I did chew up my toys, and a few Republican relatives to boot.