Laurelwood Golden Delicious Belgian Appelbiere

Laurelwood Golden Delicious Belgian Appelbiere
     click to upload

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 3.4/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 3/5   SEASONAL: Special   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%
Our Belgian golden ale has a fresh apple aroma with hints of coriander, sweet orange peel, and paradise seed. Appelbiere was brewed with organic Northwest barley malt and fresh squeezed Apple cider from Johnagold, Breaburn, Golden Delicious and Granny Smith apples. Belgian yeast and a touch of traditional spices round-out this unique and refreshing beer.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
PJS (3) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JAN 21, 2006 does not count
To me, this tasted like a mix of 90% Busch beer with 10% apple juice. Crisp, but not much more. Unpleasent aftertaste. Take my rating with a grain of salt as I had a few aggressive beers prior to trying this and my palate may have been fried. First beer that I didn’t like from this brewery.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - JAN 4, 2006
This was tasty, just a bit on the sour side. Breaking boundaries between styles, this one comes across as a stand alone, very polished effervescent fruit bomb. Very present fruit from the apples, but every ingredient is available on your palate and not masked by alchohol. Interesting!