overall

RATINGS: 180   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.79   IBU: 80   EST. CALORIES: 225   ABV: 7.5%
Workhorse is a true West Coast IPA, featuring over-the-top hop flavor and aroma. Three separate dry hop additions in the fermenter make this one of our hoppiest beers to date. 7.5% ALC by Volume. 17º Plato O.G. 3º Plato T.G. 80 IBU

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 18/20
Hopeye (39) - Oregon, USA - APR 30, 2009
This is a way underrated IPA. On my first sip, I was literally in mid sentence as I lifted the glass to my lips, and cut off what I was saying as the aroma assaulted my nose with a citrusy hop bouquet. After a few moments of "drinking" it with my nose, I thoroughly enjoyed quaffing this beer. I immediately set an appointment for further tasting at Laurelwood’s brew pub. Only complaint: maybe a touch too carbonated--would love to try it on cask.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
auerbrau (3177) - Peace Dale, Rhode Island, USA - APR 20, 2009
On tap at the Green Dragon, Portland. Throws a slightly catty west coast hop aroma that lies a little tart. Pours a yellow-hazed, slightly murky pale orange, with a thin whitish head. Flavor snaps upright with a big punch of lemony plant hop characters. Eventually fades towards a generic palate-fading hop character that bites at the tongue, quenches and fades quickly. Interesting, but maybe not quite up to the standard.

Beardface (1517) - Eugene, Oregon, USA - MAR 31, 2009
UPDATED: JUL 25, 2009 Many, many, many pints at my good friend Lemur’s wedding this past weekend. What can I say, being a groomsman makes me thirsty! Nice dark yellow pour with a solid two finger white head. Excellently blended nose with floral, orange and grapefruit citrus and pine notes coming through. Smooth mouth and tastes of citrus and pine. Very tasty, and well worthy of the many pints I consumed.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
hayduke (3389) - Eureka, California, USA - MAR 16, 2009
On draft at the brewpub. Now this is how I like them. Pours a cloudy gold with a fat white head and good lacing. Nose of floral, citrus, and pine hops is powerful and enticing and is like a tropical garden. Mouthfeel is oily and slick. Flavor is bitter and so is the finish. This is a wonderful IPA, one of the best I have ever had. I would like to see this one in bottles so I could put in my beer cellar.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
jimbowood (1036) - Freeport, Georgia, USA - FEB 27, 2009
Draft @ the NW BP. Very floral nose and hop flavor. An excellent IPA. Very good.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
anders37 (16932) - Malmö, SWEDEN - DEC 4, 2008
Draft at the brewpub. Pours a slightly hazy golden color with a small white head. Has a malty hoppy pine needles aroma with some hints of grapefruit. Sweetish malty hoppy pine flavor. Has a long malty hoppy bitter finish with a slightly bitter aftertaste.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
3fourths (8104) - Boulder, Colorado, USA - NOV 16, 2008
UPDATED: JUN 23, 2013 Amazingly fresh, vibrant, spicy, prickly and citrus-heavy dank hop cones in the nose. Fresh as all get out. Prickly, juicy lime and agave flavored hop cones, dank cannibus and bitter grapefruit throughout. Moderately thick texture, spicy, prickly and peppery on the palate... appropriately bitter. Delicious.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
stchloe (793) - Portland, Oregon, USA - SEP 26, 2008
Smooth but kicking hoppy note. Discernible floral hop character. Full IPA with all the requirements.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Ungstrup (29486) - Citizen of the universe, DENMARK - JUL 21, 2008
Draft. A hazy amber beer with a lazing beige head. The aroma is sweet and very grassy. The flavor is also sweet and very grassy - is it Amarillo? The finish is dry grassy and very bitter. I like it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
BeerZack (288) - Asheville, North Carolina, USA - MAR 30, 2008
On tap at Laurelwood on 52nd and Sandy (not the pizza place). Light golden-orange color with big off-white head that laces well. Intense fruity, almost tropical aroma. Grapefruit, pineapple, mandarin, tangerine and biscuits & honey. Some red apple. Soft creamy bubbles and low carbonation make this medium bodied brew smooth and very drinkable. Sweet lightly toasted biscuity malt is bursting with juicy hop flavors. Big pink grapefruit impression, orange, tangerine and piney resin on a lingering bitter finish without being offensively bitter. Hugely drinkable. Probably the best IPA I found in Portland.