Lawson Creek Honey Almond

RATINGS: 12   MEAN: 2.13/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.21   ABV: -

1.4
   AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 6/20
demitriustown (1067) - Sterling Heights, Michigan, USA - FEB 1, 2007
12 oz bottle: Smells like artificial vanilla and a bit of honey and just has an artificial stench to it. Poured a pale golden color with a small bubbly head that disappeared after about a half of a second. Lets taste this bad boy...Bubbly on the palate. A big artificial flavor and adjunct taste to it. This is pretty bad. Just noticed at the bottom it said " Malt beverage with Honey and artificial flavors." Figures. Booooo!

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
petesbeergut (1) - USA - JUL 9, 2006 does not count
I liked even though most here bashed it...I would down a sixer of right now if it was in front of me!!!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
SledgeJr (3577) - Omaha, Nebraska, USA - OCT 23, 2005
In the bottle from a cheapo sixer ($4.99). While this says "light beer," Iím not so sure that it has any different formulary than any other Lawson Creek beer. Dark golden/pale amber color with virtually no head retention. Faint aroma of honey and an unusual odor that I canít discern- certainly not almonds. Remarkably, this beer does not suck, if you consider that it is a light beer. Iím just skeptical that Gluek is pulling something over us here.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
Dextolen (151) - Michigan, USA - JUN 27, 2005
Iím diabetic and I should be drinking light beer but donít, take my feet but donít take my craft beer. I always try something I havenít had before, so I gave LC HA a try. The aroma was pretty nice, sweet, an apple cider smell. I took a swig immediately and lind of liked it. Very cider like. Lemon/apple/almond flavors. Things went down from there. Once my thirst had been quenched from the first drink, all I was left with was a bland, extremely flat, near watery tasting cider like drink. I couldnít even classify this as a lawnmower beer because of the flatness.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Enniskillen (2029) - Salinas, California, USA - DEC 30, 2004
Not really a head forms, just a small amount of scattered white foam on the top that looks like Greenland. Body is an light amber. Aroma is honey, and there is almond that smell veeeeery fake and extract like. Taste is fake.

1.1
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 3/20
presario (4625) - Stampede City, Alberta, CANADA - SEP 3, 2004
UPDATED: SEP 4, 2004 Bottle. Says light beer but not %. Honey and artificial flavour added. Hmmm artificial almond! Looks like a glass of dark apple juice. Almost no head. Funky sweet aroma at times like honey, possibly nuts and chemicals. Tastes like a macro beer and grape nuts. Too thin, not enough malt flavour, ruined by the artificial flavours. Glad I only have the one.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
mjg74 (2492) - La Mesa, California, USA - AUG 21, 2004
Pours a golden color. Has a really strong scent of some sort of artificial sweetness. Has a really strange taste, something between a bad cider and crunch and munch. It is different I will give it that, and itís drinkable. Not really a quality effort but Iíll drink the sixer.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
SDalkoholic (2146) - Linda Vista, California, USA - AUG 8, 2004
This is a okay beer in my book. The label doesnít say anything about it being a light beer like someone had stated but it does say brewed in America, and thats why i picked it up. Its a pretty decent lager that has me telling myself to pick it up if its ever 5 dollars a 6 or chepaer.

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
drinkbeer (283) - Redondo Beach, California, USA - AUG 4, 2004
Smells winey. Interesting twizzler taste, however, keeps me slightly amused.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
harlequinn (2744) - Tacoma, Washington, USA - MAY 11, 2004
I have to agree with the previous rating. This really does taste like a light beer with honey and butter. Watery and syrupy sweet malts predominate. I would never drink another bottle of this again.