Lawson’s Finest Liquid Sunshine

Lawson’s Finest Liquid Sunshine
     click to upload

RATINGS: 1   MEAN: 4.1/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.94   EST. CALORIES: 165   ABV: 5.5%
Aromatic esters from a Belgian-style yeast combine with ripe fruitiness of American hops to yield a brew with a sip of summer sunshine in every glass!

Glouglouburp (5938) - Montreal, Quebec, CANADA - NOV 3, 2011
In short: A uber-hoppy Belgian blonde ale that tastes like a vibrant fruity and grassy IPA. Kick-ass.
How: Tap at Vermont Brewers Festival 2011
The look: Clear golden blonde body topped by a large white head with good retention
In long: Nose is vibrantly fruity with an explosion of fruity esters that seem to be a combination of the Belgian yeast and fruity hops. This aroma is very much an orgy of tropical fruits with grassy undertones and also notes of cat urine (hence I suspect some Citra). Taste is just as vibrant. Most fresh beers taste fresh but some just have that unwordable quality of vibrant freshness. This is the case here. Fresh tropical fruits, resinous fruity hops and juicy grassy hops over a fresh crust-less baguette. Medium carbonation. Bitterness level is medium. After-taste is both refreshing fruits and dry grassiness. My first beer at the Vermont Brewers Festival 2011 and what a beer. On the morning of the Vermont Beer Festival I like to pick my nose with a little spoon and eat everything I find in there. Because I’m not gonna change my daily routine because I go to a beer festival.