overall

RATINGS: 646   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.39   EST. CALORIES: 249   ABV: 8.3%
forte, amère et blonde

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
pivnizub (9306) - Bochum, Porúří, GERMANY - DEC 12, 2010
Bügelverschlußflasche: Pale golden, hazy, big stable and lacy creamy head; fruity (oranges and orange-peel) and hoppy-bitter nose; moderate to solid bitter-sweet flavour with a certain tartness, medium bodied; lingering tart-fruity and dryish hoppy (almost piney) finish. Good....

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
ilovedarkbeer (2448) - Arlington, Virginia, USA - DEC 10, 2010
Pours a hazy grayish orange color with a large foamy white head. Notes of bay leaves, ricola cough drops, caramel corn, and dirt. Not bad decent mouthfeel.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
Hansen (7607) - Assentoft, DENMARK - DEC 8, 2010
Perhaps too old? Aroma of butter and fatty, old bread. Sweet flavor, notes of white port. Creamy texture.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
badgerben (4610) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - DEC 4, 2010
Courtesy of BDR. Cloudy gold color with no head. Very yeasty aroma, light spices. Tastes like stale bread. Very dry and light hop notes.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
BDR (2534) - Roseville, Minnesota, USA - DEC 3, 2010
Hazy straw color. Citric flavor and aroma that’s fantastic. A bready malt flavor. A fizzy character.

gEUS (1473) - Linden, BELGIUM - NOV 25, 2010
Great white head, dissapearing quickly. Nice packaging marketing: special glass with tiny glass for the "fond". Finally a mainstream beer that is bitter as well as full bodied, offering a nice alternative in the supermarket channels to Leffe and consorts...

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
note666 (1200) - Eindhoven, NETHERLANDS - NOV 21, 2010
2010 - 11 - 21 330 ml bottle with that nice ’beugel’ sluiting. light yellow colour. HUGHE white fading head. low in carbonation after the head disapears. nice summery, fruity taste

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Croux (31) - Atlanta, Georgia, USA - NOV 18, 2010
33 cl. I absolutely loved this beer. It was well-balanced between floral hops and a fruity sweetness. Not too bitter, not too sweet, this beer hit the perfect chord. It has bold character and a delicious, refreshing taste. I could drink a lot of these without getting bored.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
otakuden (1783) - Vero Beach, Florida, USA - NOV 15, 2010
My Hopus comes in an adoringly small flip-top bottle which fills my glass with a hugely voluminous head. Did I mention it was huge? HUGE! Ok, now that we have the epicness of her head established let’s delve into her hazy depths painted in straw and orange. Eventually lace and a rocky head fill my vision and without further ado, I dip. My nose that is. Sheesh. What were you thinking? Fresh grains, bread crust of the whole grain variety, a kiss of spice, lemon and orange sherbet, honeysuckle, and whole pineapples. Lacing all of her aromatic prowess is the aforementioned spice which I must say tickles delightfully so. Drinking deep for my first taste and wow! Orange sherbet fills my mouth before giving way to the bitterness of dry grains, grass, and lemon skin. I love her mouthfeel which reminds me of how freshly baked homemade whole grain bread melts in the mouth with each bite. Orange sherbet returns for a bright finish while honey suckles her bready palate replete with juicy pineapple chunks. Spice tickles my breath after each quaff with nutmeg and something just a wee bit mysterious. I’m sure my iso-alphic friends would find her dull but for a crisp hopped blonde ale from Belgium, she’s just right for me. No DeRanke XX, my Hopus Ale nonetheless enjoys a pleasing blend of honeysuckle, orange, whole grain bread, lemon skin, and dry grains before bidding farewell with spice and flare.

The Hopus Ale is a wonderfully tasty experiment with hops that still celebrates the Belgian burgundian soul I so enjoy.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
PapaSkeetSkeet (1000) - Providence, Rhode Island, USA - NOV 13, 2010
Pours gold with average-sized white head. Equal parts clean malt sweetness, apple tart, and earthy hop bitterness combined in a light-bodied and colored beer makes this drinkable and delicious. I could have quite a bit of this. moderately carbonated and syrupy.