overall
Brewed by InBev Belgium
Style: Belgian Ale
Leuven, Belgium

RATINGS: 2830   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.37   EST. CALORIES: 198   ABV: 6.6%
Keg and bottle: Filtered.
Uses Vieux Temps yeast.
"Leffe Blond is a pale abbey beer, with a full, sunny, golden colour. It has a smooth and full bodied taste and a rich creamy head. Like all the Leffe beers, it is a ’connoisseur’ beer that is easy to drink."

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
beerhugger (542) - Oshawa, Ontario, CANADA - JAN 16, 2004
Fruit and yeast and sweetness slowly emerge from this hazy, golden, bubbly-headed beer that is too sweet in the mouth and has an aftertaste which lingers longer than it should. a long sentence to say this is a drinkable beer but don't think your getting a good Belgian Ale - just a good alternative to the Macro-crap we have to offer here.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
chriso (7428) - London, Greater London, ENGLAND - JAN 11, 2004
Golden colour. Starts promisingly but descends into sickly sweetness - OK if you like that sort of thing. Insufficient balancing bite for me. In my view, for a commercial "Abbey" brew, Affligem is superior and less cloying. Draught, Roi d'Espagne, Brussels, September 2003

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
DragonStout (1408) - Pickerington, Ohio, USA - JAN 9, 2004
UPDATED: FEB 23, 2005 Re-rated on 02/20/05.Straw yellowish amber beer.BIG puffy head that laced on top of the beer for the whole ride.Has a nose of fruit and mild amounts of hops. The 2nd time I tried this it was alot better than I remember.This is truly one heck of a Belgian brew.Its a keeper.

DatFlycat (12) - Los Gatos, California, USA - JAN 2, 2004
This beer is phenomenal; The thousand-beer-raters, the "beer snobs" may sniff with condescention, but this is the finest beer I've had the pleasure of tickling my taste buds with. The taste reminds me of the days when beer was meant to sustain, to ward off hunger. If tastes of wonderfully-crafted bread. The aftertaste is rich & sweet, and precious fumes of alcohol taunt my sinuses in the most pleasurable way. It was in a search for more information on this beer, which is still very difficult to find in Northern California, that prompted me to first visit and join ratebeer.com. I first "discovered" this beer in Paris, where it served as nightcap and anesthetic for a horrible case of poison oak smuggled onto our French vacation. Call me a cad, call me an un-sophisticate, I care not, just please call me an Interbrew disti to get Leffe into the stores! (This is a legit rating...I wouldn't give it a perfect rating if it weren't my all-time fave)

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
theread (51) - Wagga Wagga, AUSTRALIA - JAN 1, 2004
I expected more from this as I had heard it was a holy grail of beers, but it was too malty, sweet for me and it lacked a bit afterwards. The sweet taste is probably due to the higher alcohol, but this is not why I drink beer. Taste is the go and this didn't do it for me. On the VB meter this rates about a million times better than that.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
fiulijn (15370) - Vancouver, British Columbia, CANADA - DEC 29, 2003
Light amber color; creamy head. Aroma of white sugar, paper, dust. Quite sweet, corn-like; more balanced at the end. Easy to drink, but not outstanding.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
cherr (162) - Rochester, New York, USA - DEC 13, 2003
This was what I lived on in St Martin. It was available almost everywhere, and was by far the best beer there. The beer is a nice murky golden. The taste is smooth with a strong yeasty taste. The aftertaste is a bit strong, but not overwhelming.

beermatrix (1497) - Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA - DEC 11, 2003
Glowing golden yellow color, strong medium white bubbly thick head appears, fades within a short while to a thin skim and thin ring, lace in minimal strings. Nice nose of malty sweetness, dulled mild citrus and banana yeasted spice and tiny phenolic notes coming through as it warms. Taste is quite mild of malt sweetness, wheat, some dulled citrusy lemon notes with a touch of banana and spices. Its a nice mix with some light hops, finishes pretty strong with a big fullness on the palate and some fruity dryness with peppery notes. The feel is well carbonated with a slightly small start but grabs hold quickly and becomes quite full with a nice subtle dry finish thats crisp and dulled of citrus and spice. Not all that flavorful or complex but the carbonation makes up for some of that. A pretty nice blond abbey that comes across like a hefe on steroids.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
JonR888710 (999) - Cochabamba, BOLIVIA - DEC 9, 2003
Smells old, dusty, and of clove spice and malt; just like I pulled it from the basement of a monastery. Color is mainly yellow with some amber and brown. Big white, merengue head. Taste is sweet malt, grainy corn, clove, and honeybutter. Aftertaste is very sweet and nearly cloying, but stays within the realm of "good." Better than what I expected for this mainstream abby, I picked it up at Trader Joes for only 90 cents!

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Mungo (2471) - Southampton, Hampshire, ENGLAND - DEC 8, 2003
Bottle. Spicy, yeasty aroma with some malt. Quite sweet flavour which manages not to be too cloying. Alcohol taste very apparent given the strength. The first glass is pretty good but by the end of a 750 ml bottle its a bit boring.