overall

RATINGS: 797   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.55   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 69   EST. CALORIES: 219   ABV: 7.3%
Brewed only once a year with fresh hops hand-picked in Longmont, CO and Warrior hops straight off the vine from Yakima, WA.
Warrior is brewed using a unique style called “Wet Hopping,” which requires only hops that are no more than a day from the vine. “Wet Hopping” imparts only a mild aroma, but an exceptionally fresh unfiltered hop flavor.
2010 vintage 7.6% abv

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
ElGaucho (2306) - Minnetonka, Minnesota, USA - DEC 14, 2006
Bottle. My 100th IPA rating. Starts well enough with a fruity aroma with hops. After smelling the brew, I went to set it down to type in my aroma rating and proceeded to spill some on my pants. Good thing it’s a big bottle. Murky, dark amber with a large, off white head. Beautiful, creamy artistic lace. Color is quite attractive as well. Perfect score for appearance. Initial mouthfeel is hops, hops and more hops. Definitely tastes hoppier than it smells. This brew wants desperately to be great, but it has a bit of an imbalance in favor of hops and a subsequent bit of harshness that keeps it from being great. Needs more sweetness. I see now that this is a wet hopped brew, which may be why it has that slight funkiness. I didn’t find it watery or anything less than full bodied as Redlem did, but I concur with his "burnt orange rind" assessment for the mouthfeel. Still a good IPA and a worthy one for my hundredth.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
Tejas (931) - Dallas, Texas, USA - DEC 13, 2006
Good hoppy resiny aroma and flavor. Quite drinkable. Probably the best Left Hand brew I’ve had thus far. Hoppy falvor doesn’t linger in the mouth as long as Fresh Hop does but still good brew.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
redlem (1306) - Ohio, USA - DEC 10, 2006
Sorry because this sounds like a very labor intensive beer to make but I did not care for it that much. The aroma to me was like burnt orange rinds. It had a very nice hop bite in flavor but the body was very weak and there was no mouthfeel, very watery.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Hangover (1092) - Atlanta, Alabama, USA - DEC 10, 2006
Cloudy orange pour with a nice eggshell white head. Very orange/citrus in the aroma department. Very nice bitter taste. This one is all hops, but really good! Predominately citrus and grapefuit all the way through. Very crisp and refreshing finish. I like this one a lot.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
SSSteve (3971) - - DEC 10, 2006
hazy orange with a medium sized off-white head. big mandarin orange aroma. a clean fresh hoppy flavor. mandarin, peach, grapefruit and lemon flavors.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
JCapriotti (1379) - Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA - DEC 9, 2006
Clear copper, soapy white head. Aroma is bright and muted citrus. Bitter body with subtle grapefruit hop character Decent beer… I’m starting to turn against single-hop IPAs though. I can see how Warrior is classified as a "bittering hop". Not extremely bitter, but more so than fruity or flavorful.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 8/20
jgolden (9) - Quincy, Massachusetts, USA - DEC 8, 2006 does not count
I was really unimpressed...had heard good things and was disappointed. Not enough hops. Maybe I am tainted by my hopheadedness but not overly impressive.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
rajendra82 (982) - Alpharetta, Georgia, USA - DEC 7, 2006
The 22 oz. brown bomber held a beer that looked standard IPA amber, with some chill haze. The head was well proportioned at two fingers-thick, and receded to a craggy undulating for with a good deal of lace around the walls of the pint glass. The aroma was leafy green and pungent, but a little weak IMO. The perceived bitterness was about as high as I have ever run across. It clung to my teeth, made my cheeks contact, and singed my sinuses with vapors on the way down. This was fresh, catty, refreshing, and just undeniably hoppy. In other words exactly what an IPA is supposed to be, but what most brewers don’t brew. If you are not a true hophead, I am afraid you might fin this unbalanced, but to me it was un-put-downable. I am sure there was enough malt that they started out with to get this to a 6.6% ABV, but the hops never ever let a tinge of sweetness creep in. I drained my only bomber in about half an hour and the only thought lingering in the back of my mind was I need to stock up on this ASAP. If it wasn’t for the mild smell, this would kick Ruination from here to San Diego.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
DrBayern (1139) - Morehead City, North Carolina, USA - DEC 4, 2006
750 ml bottle. Large tan head with some staying power and decent lace floats over a clear amber pour. Piney hop aroma with hints of citrus. Medium body punctuated by a fine effervescence and resinous mouthfeel. Bitter grapefruit and lemon overpower a backdrop of caramel sweetness. Long, refreshingly bitter finish. All in all very enyoyable, albeit a little unbalanced.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
KAggie97 (3529) - Ugly, Hot, and Humid Spring, Texas, USA - DEC 2, 2006
Bottle. Pours rich amber with a healthy, frothy head. Aroma is sugary pine, with notes of sweet and sour citrus. Somewhat watered down and restrained flavor, with hints of grapefruit, pine, and and a touch of orange. Flavor flows nicely and lingers. Not bad, but a little more assertiveness in the flavor would make this fantastic.