overall

RATINGS: 769   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.55   SEASONAL: Winter   IBU: 69   EST. CALORIES: 204   ABV: 6.8%
Brewed only once a year with fresh hops hand-picked in Longmont, CO and Warrior hops straight off the vine from Yakima, WA.
Warrior is brewed using a unique style called “Wet Hopping,” which requires only hops that are no more than a day from the vine. “Wet Hopping” imparts only a mild aroma, but an exceptionally fresh unfiltered hop flavor.
2010 vintage 7.6% abv

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
scottmc (167) - Lakewood, Colorado, USA - JUL 6, 2007
A great hoppy beer that has one the best aromas I have ever smelled. The hopping method makes a huge difference. The heavy body is nice with a tan and white head.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Bigsilky (327) - Charleston, USA - JAN 20, 2006
Fresh, Fresh, Fresh Fresh!!!!! wow, color is perfect, aroma is out of this world, and the flavor..... Fresh peaches, grapefruit, and clemetine jump right out of the glass. Just a spectacular brew, damn shame its only once a year. Do yourself a favor buy big, and don’t age this guy.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
dwyerpg (4566) - Las Vegas, Nevada, USA - JAN 19, 2009
A rich caramel hop aroma. This has a strong bitterness to it that doesn’t diminish at any point. Very aggressive. Almost makes me think of a double IPA.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
maxwelldeux (3663) - Everett, Washington, USA - JAN 5, 2013
Bottle. Pours a slightly hazy dark amber color with a smallish white head. Nose is nice and hoppy with a fresh nose. Taste has a bit of bitterness, but is nicely mild and not overpowering at all. Very easy and smooth drink.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
Cool_Bond (1397) - Kung av Öl @ Facebook, SWEDEN - DEC 28, 2013
A real good smell of much tropical fruits. The taste is one that I never tasted before, I think. A blend of tropical fruits and citrus. Citrus aftertaste lingers in the aftertaste and is absolutely wonderful to have left in the mouth upper section. Minimal bitterness in the beer makes me lyric to this beer. Highly rated by me. Follow me @ Kung av öl @ Facebook for more pictures and ratings.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
DocLock (7861) - Lower Pottsgrove, Pennsylvania, USA - FEB 10, 2005
A huge thanks to matta for this. I may be biased in favor of IPAs and IIPAs, but come on people! Let’s show this beer some love! Slightly cloudy copper/orange pour, with a huge, creamy off-white head. Aroma of big hops, grapefruit, malt, resin, and ground black pepper. Tastes very hoppy, with a semi-sweet malty mid palate followed by a blast of resiny hop astringence. I love it. Super smooth, velvety and hoppy on the palate. This one reminds me of some IIPAs such as Marin White Knuckle and the excellent Great Divide Hercules and Titan duo, although not quite as "in your face dense and hoppy". If you love IPAs, you’ll love this one. Yeah man!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
Falconseye8 (542) - Evans, Colorado, USA - JUL 18, 2005
Everything from this company has been great. I hope this is no exception. Big head great sweet tea flavoring. Excellent IPA!!! There is Tea and Sweet Tea, those of you who don’t get this never mind. Sweet tea initial flavoring. Another great Left hand beer!!! 40th beer for me from colorado. Don’t care much for the sport teams from this state but I really like the beer they make!!! I’m overrating this because it deserves a better score for its category. Excellent IPA.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
rajendra82 (953) - Alpharetta, Georgia, USA - DEC 7, 2006
The 22 oz. brown bomber held a beer that looked standard IPA amber, with some chill haze. The head was well proportioned at two fingers-thick, and receded to a craggy undulating for with a good deal of lace around the walls of the pint glass. The aroma was leafy green and pungent, but a little weak IMO. The perceived bitterness was about as high as I have ever run across. It clung to my teeth, made my cheeks contact, and singed my sinuses with vapors on the way down. This was fresh, catty, refreshing, and just undeniably hoppy. In other words exactly what an IPA is supposed to be, but what most brewers don’t brew. If you are not a true hophead, I am afraid you might fin this unbalanced, but to me it was un-put-downable. I am sure there was enough malt that they started out with to get this to a 6.6% ABV, but the hops never ever let a tinge of sweetness creep in. I drained my only bomber in about half an hour and the only thought lingering in the back of my mind was I need to stock up on this ASAP. If it wasn’t for the mild smell, this would kick Ruination from here to San Diego.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
capistrano (5) - North Carolina, USA - MAR 2, 2007 does not count
I felt that this was an extremely good IPA contrary to the mundane words and scores from others. Full of life this IPA stands out to me because it tastes bright. The hops are a bit subdued yet fully present. Nice color and aroma. Highly recommend this

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 17/20
mlist55 (210) - media, Pennsylvania, USA - MAY 23, 2007
Clear sparlkling dark orange, thick light tan creamy head. Nose held tropical fruit tones of mango and pineapple with softer notes of pine and earth. Light bready caramel tones emerge on further warming. Pepperd tropical fruit hoppiness and dirty earth tones gain nice balance from an underlying sweet malt note. Medium bodied, fizzy carbonation, dry bitter finish.