overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 212   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.8   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 148   ABV: 4.92%
The leaves - at the height of their color, but before the inevitable fall. And the apples - ripe for the picking, and the absolute peak of their flavor. It's this moment that you'll find captured in our new Leinenkugel's Apple Spice. We take the fresh, delicious taste of real apples - as crisp as the first bite off the tree - and add just a touch of cinnamon for a hint of spice. The result is a mouthwatering blend that's perfect for sharing with friends. It's flavor to the core. We use over 2000 pounds of apples in every brew.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
TXBadger (1345) - Dallas, Texas, USA - JUN 5, 2014
Reviewed from notes: pours a clear golden color with white head. Apples on the nose, pretty much it. Very sweet on the palate.

1.3
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 5/20
Thorpe429 (5012) - , Illinois, USA - APR 13, 2011
Reviewed from notes. Poured into a pint glass. The color is a moderate orangish color with a thin off white head. The nose is really just a combination of apple juice and a bit of a cinnamon. Both the nose and taste are quite a bit like Apple Jacks, but not in a good way. Feel is moderate and a bit gross. Cloying for sure. Drinkability is not good. I donít like this and I donít want more. Serving type: bottle Reviewed on: 11-12-2010

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
wlajwl (3817) - Quad Cities, Iowa, USA - FEB 23, 2011
Rather bad idea for a beer, apple pie in a bottle is not a good idea, although it wasnít awful (very), just watery, I will say that.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
mothman (120) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - JUL 12, 2010
This is another unique brew by the Leinenkugel family. I was a little bit impressed on how they could make an apple flavored beer. I got this from a friend and was quite shocked on how different, but tasty it was. I enjoyed it during a nice autumn evening. Poured into a pint glass. Color is a straw amber. It pours a near white head that doesnít last too long. It definitely tasted like apple cider and beer combined. Mouthfeel is very crisp. Overall, I donít know how they did it, but this one is worth a try! However, I probably could only have a few of these. Serving type: bottle Reviewed on: 08-12-2008 06:46:22

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
vikingguy (801) - Chaska, Minnesota, USA - JUN 30, 2010
Itís been over a year since I tasted this as itís been discontinued for a while, but I used to buy this quite often around Christmas time as it was one of my wifes favorite beers. Very strong apple spice aroma. Taste was very sweet, but also very authentic. Didnít taste artificially flavored and it had a good cinnamon bite to it that made you pucker a bit. Basically tasted like sweet apple cider with a kick. Hard to call this beer and too sweet to drink more than one, but again, tasty treat in December. I hope they bring it back periodically.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
madvike (2696) - Middleton, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 2, 2009
Bottle - Pours a pale limp yellow with a bubbly white head. Smells sour and soapy, with light cinammon and green apple Jolly Rancher candy. Tastes syrupy and sweet, with bread dough and nutmeg up front, apple cider on the finish. The tingly carbonation and syrupy feel are alright, but I never get the feel that this is authentic. Tastes way artificial.

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
yobdoog (1888) - Woodridge NY, New York, USA - SEP 18, 2009
I really did not like this. My first drain pour in a ling time. A mix of artificial apple syrup and an overly spiced mess of a sweet nasty.

1.4
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
drowland (5998) - Valdosta, Georgia, USA - AUG 26, 2009
Had this the ONE year they had it out a couple of years ago. A disgusting mix of cider and beer that should go away! Haha - funny note... I just stumbled upon this comment and laughed out loud because it is gone, and they replaced it with the delicious Fireside Nutbrown.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
iabeerguy (392) - Iowa, USA - AUG 3, 2009
Bought this around Thanksgiving just to give it a shot. If I loved apple flavored beers this would be great. Smell is great of apples and cinnamon. Really sweet flavor is overpowering.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
milljam (682) - Norman, Oklahoma, USA - JUN 9, 2009
Hmmm....intriguing. I like the aroma....reminds me of the inside of an apple orchard, with the fresh apples and cinnamon from the doughnuts. Flavor is overly sweet, with an almost candy-like flavor from the apples. Cinnamon is there, but is out of balance with the rest of the beer.