overall

RATINGS: 801   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.87   SEASONAL: Series   IBU: 50   EST. CALORIES: 285   ABV: 9.5%
The Big Eddy Russian Imperial Stout was brewed at Leinenkugelís tiny 10th street brewery in Milwaukee. This brew boasts a selection of 11 malts and grains balanced by three different and distinct hops. Dark and complex, with chocolate tones and notes of dark fruits, it is daring yet delicious. Travels well. Ages well.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
GemalzteGerste (33) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 25, 2010
Bottle. A delicious imperial stout. The only downside is that perhaps itís a bit too thin, but otherwise a very good example of the style.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
heyprobrewing (31) - Arizona, USA - NOV 7, 2011
Bottle 12 oz. Aroma is amazing with dark fruits, cocoa, dark chocolate. Dark black pour with good head retention. Silky, chewy full bodied explosion of more dark chocolates and fruit. Bitter sweetness finish that satisfies but makes me want another sip. Hints of red grapes as well as the drink continues. No booziness alcohol by any means. Great RIS. Will buy again Soon

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
tomaroth (31) - Troy, Michigan, USA - JAN 21, 2008
Very nice Im perial Stout. I enjoyed it from the pour to the finish. Very nice head and refreshing on the palate. High alcohol content did not come through in the flavor. At the price of 7.99 a four at Champanes in Warren, MI, it is very reasonable. Just bought a case so we will see how it ages.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
oyamac (30) - Michigan, USA - JAN 23, 2013
Aroma: dark chocolate, dark fruit, caramel. Taste: dark chocolate, coffee, light raisin. Palate: carbonation. Nice medium feel. Slight alcohol burn at back kid throat. Overall: good imperial stout, just wish there was a little bit more for the price. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
Thanimal (29) - Arizona, USA - DEC 2, 2011
Had it on tap. Dark black pour. Oaky hop finish. Very smooth with hints o burnt coffee. Dark malty sweetness makes this beer a winner for sure

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
JOHNCONOR (23) - USA - FEB 17, 2014
This shitís serious, like krokodil serious. Though my flesh does not resemble melting mozzarella and my life expectancy canít be measured with an egg timer. Big Eddy is a monster of a beer. I was surprised to see that itís the offspring of Leinenkugel. I am very well aware of the name Leinenkugel. This past summer I ordered and sold well over 500 cases of their Summer Shandy, by far the most successful seasonal beer out there, Sam Adams and the rest be damned. I would have sold a few hundred more cases if the supplies didnít dry up. My last order was for 100 cases and the best they could scrape up was 25, just about two daysí worth. Hell, I half expected Jacob Leinenkugel himself to swing buy and offer me a seafood medley at Arbies or at the very least a Summer Shandy polo and commemorative pin. No dice. But I did go home with a four pack of Big Eddy Imperial Stout. To put it into perspective, I have seen Big Eddy used to clean wounds and treat town water supplies. Eddy pours inky black with a dark brown mocha head that dissipates fast. Aroma is of dark rich chocolate and burnt coffee. The taste is very rich. Heavy on the coffee and chocolate aspects which are the salient features of a lot of Russian Imperial Stouts. This is a sipping brew for sure, good over balance of flavors. Drink this beer on a cold winter night when you have absolutely nothing going on the next day.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
bropgh (22) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 11, 2014
Pretty decent RIS. Found this 4pack of 2012 bottles and canít say that I am disappointed. It is a bit boozy, but I was expecting that. It is smooth and tasty. I am glad I have three more left.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
stoutgap (19) - Indiana, USA - MAR 23, 2014
Poured a small dark brown frothy rapidly diminishing head. Heavy bread & molasses nose with a bit of nutty-roast and rasin ,alcohol is fairly heavy. Medium in body with lively carbonation and a bitter finish.An ok beer but a bit weak for a R I S.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 3/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 4/20
Biggar2000 (18) - - DEC 13, 2013
I donít prefer this type of beer, but for the dark stout beer it is pretty good. For those who like this type I would definitely recommend trying it.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
tcanapa (17) - Wisconsin, USA - JAN 12, 2012
Almost black with one finger of light brown head and extensive lacing, a swirl of roasted flavors that barely translates to an aroma, highly viscous leading to good mouth feel.