RATINGS: 274   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.57   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 150   ABV: 5%
In 1906, the Kolsch-style beer originated from the Cologne region of Germany as a crisp and light beer to combat the summer heat. Leinenkugel’s® Canoe Paddler™ is our take on the Kolsch-style beer that we tweaked with a touch of rye. Our spring and summer seasonal has subtle malt flavors, a clean finish and adventurous quality.

Lunchb0x (20) - Prestonsburg, Kentucky, USA - MAY 31, 2013
Another fine product from Leinenkugel! I was very sad when I ran out of this. I need to pick up some more soon. Great brew! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
MarineOBeer (41) - - JUL 12, 2015
Gods beer with palatable aftertaste. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
partywithanM (103) - Kansas City, Kansas, USA - APR 21, 2014
12 oz bottle. I’m not quite sure why people are hating on this brew. I like it. It’s light on the start and the finish and honestly I thinks its perfect to drink on while working in the heat of the summer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
JonBob (5) - Holland, Michigan, USA - JUN 2, 2014 does not count
Pilsnery sweet graininess with a mellow lemony citrus note. very low esters. Crystal clear straw color with a quickly dissapating white head. Soft malt character balanced by a smooth bitterness (from a generous use of saaz hops?). Not getting much of the rye spiciness or the fruity esters typical from a kolsh. Light-bodied, well balanced. Low carbonation. Overall a smooth, drinkable beer. Tastes more like an American light lager than a German kolsh. The malt character holds up nicely and carries this beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
beer_rookie (189) - Arkansas, USA - MAY 21, 2015
My first Kolsch beer.

Pours a straw color. Barely any head to speak of. What head it does have leaves pretty good lacing. I’m not impressed.

Smells great. It’s very bright. Very clean and citrusy. Oh, like spring! I don’t know exactly what it is about this, but it smells amazing.

Doesn’t taste as citrusy as it smells. Doesn’t really taste like a lager. But, it’s really good. It’s well balanced. Is it sweet, is it bitter? I can’t discern anything in particular, but again, it’s really good.

Mouthfeel is great. It’s very light, very drinkable. Almost like a wine cooler. Finishes maybe a tad bitter. Wow! It;s really really good.

Overall, if not for the poor showing in the pour, this could easily be one of the best beers I’ve ever had. It’s delicious. It’s fresh. It’s clean. It smells great. It finishes great! Not only do I want more of this, I want more of the style!

ordybill (772) - Douglasville, Georgia, USA - SEP 9, 2014
Poured from a 12 OZ bottle into a pint glass. Aroma- has a faint smell of wheat with maybe a floral or citrus backdrop Appearance - A nice clear golden amber color. A nice thick head is generated from the pour but it does not stay long. Taste - The beer has a nice wheat flavor that really commands your attention not an overly bitter brew but a medium grade Palate - Average carbonation with a medium body that left no real aftertaste Overall - A real good beer that has a nice dry feeling. One of my favorite brews from Leinenkugel’s.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
FalseLion (25) - - FEB 9, 2013
Not a bad beer by any means, despite the reviews. I’ve not drank many kolsch style beers however I do think this is a tasty beer and enjoy the slight rye taste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
TCT328 (15) - - MAR 2, 2013
My first Kolsch style beer. No head on this beer, but has a decent mouth feel. It has hints of sour apple/pear. A drinkable, middle-of-the-road beer.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
jagad5 (89) - - JUL 7, 2013
Bottled - pour clear, pale, yellow. The head dissipates quickly. Good taste all the way to the bottom. No after taste

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
OD40oz (774) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - MAR 18, 2014
Good old Leinies. They know how to put out a good brew. I really liked this stuff. Clean, crisp taste. Would hit the spot on a hot summer day.