overall

RATINGS: 672   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.06/5   EST. CALORIES: 148   ABV: 4.94%
Creamy Dark is aged slowly for a deep, dark color; velvety flavor; and a smooth finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Rockinout (966) - Kent, Ohio, USA - AUG 7, 2003
Reddish brown color, tan head around the edges. Very faint roasty nose. Rather light on the palate with a smokey taste.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
DrnkMcDermott (3003) - Downers Grove, Illinois, USA - AUG 4, 2003
Bottled. After reading the posts on rating from notes, I'm trying to rate this trip to the "Leinie's Tackle Box" live on the computer.
A nice beery malty odor rises when I pop the crown, but a closer whiff gave me a touch of adjunct? Pours nice and ruby dark, with a spongy head that fades quickly, some lacing. Taste is nice and "clean," but a little hop bitterness lingers. Good roast malt, almost a stoutish tone to it. Touch of lager yeast bite in there, too. Certainly a good, drinkable beer. Wonder if the difference between this and say, the Berry Weiss is that this may be made only at the Chippewa Falls plant and not meg-produced to support Miller's big avertising pushes? Guess I should have stopped at the Leinie Lodge on my trip to Minneapolis last weekend after all.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Falconseye8 (542) - Evans, Colorado, USA - JUL 27, 2003
UPDATED: JUL 29, 2003 I'm not a bitter beer drinker but I really like the flavor of Creamy Dark. It grows on you. Better in my opinion with a meal than a stand alone after hours drinker. Nice chocolate hint in there also.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Drew (2411) - Kent, Ohio, USA - JUL 16, 2003
Yes, it looks creamy and dark - great head, good lacing. Front is thinner and a little sour, finish is thicker and roasted malts along with some hop.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
beermatrix (1497) - Twin Cities, Minnesota, USA - JUL 9, 2003
Color was a nice off black, brown with some off-white head, no lace. Smell is a malty caramel roast with some vanilla notes. Taste is a balance of sweet chocolatey malt and roasted malt with little hop presence. The body is to thin and light and could be more flavored. Its smooth and light, somewhat creamy I guess, nothing stood out for me. Very clean, light, and roastly sweet. Not bad.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
Schroppfy (2360) - Łódż, Warsaw, Poland; Michigan, Ohio, USA - JUL 8, 2003
UPDATED: JAN 10, 2004 This is REAL beer, here; a tartish, mellow, carmelly lager that looks great (aroma is a little underpowered) - mass market? Not for my taste - I could drink this regularly - holds up well until the end but the sugars separate out a bit. A little too tart and sharp.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
stoutosaurus (157) - Clinton, Mississippi, USA - JUL 5, 2003
I'm gonna have to disagree with this beer's average rating. I enjoyed it very much and found it to be a good lager. I would drink again if I can find it. Great beer!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
LiebeBier (808) - Annapolis, Maryland, USA - MAY 20, 2003
Bottle - This beer is mediocre. The color is nice, but the beer is thin lacking a full bodied flavor that I expect given the color of the beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Hysteria (38) - USA - MAY 18, 2003
Had this on draft today. No head and low on carbonation. Dark black coffee color. It is smooth but nothing in it gives it real character.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
hayden1215 (319) - Ohio, USA - MAY 13, 2003
Dark brown in color with a light brown fizzy head, quickly diminishing. Malty nose with a hint of choclate. Flavor is sweet and grainy with some smokiness. Body is quite thin, clean finish.