overall

RATINGS: 648   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.06   EST. CALORIES: 148   ABV: 4.94%
Creamy Dark is aged slowly for a deep, dark color; velvety flavor; and a smooth finish.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
Slick (1969) - Thief River Falls, Minnesota, USA - DEC 14, 2002
Middle of the road brew not great but they do an ok job ok malty nose with some coffee in it taste was fair with the same coffee in again nice head that sadly didn’t last long.clean finish with again more coffee in the aftertaste good eye opener in the morning.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
DrunkCaleb (69) - Michigan, USA - NOV 21, 2002
One of the best tasting dark lagers available. Actually has flavor to match the name unlike Heine’s or Beck’s. Creamy mocha flavoring in a smooth drinking beer.

1.3
   AROMA 1/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 5/20
bighair (51) - Hamilton, Ohio, USA - NOV 17, 2002
i imagine this is what "Buzz Beer" from the Drew Carey Show tasted like.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
gerdy555 (163) - Ohio, USA - NOV 10, 2002
pours dark brown but not opague. has a small beige head that disipates. flavor is smooth a bit watery even for a dunkel. still for the money this is a pretty good beer

Frank (3015) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - NOV 6, 2002
UPDATED: APR 29, 2003 An excellent dunkel. One of my favorites and it's inexpensive (not cheap). The head is thick and tan. It leaves a little lace all the way to the bottom of the glass despite the fact that the head fades a bit fast. Really tasty with just a hint of coffee contrasted by a pleasant bitterness from the hops. Even after all the hundreds of beers that I've tried, I still find myself coming back to simple pleasure of Leiny's Creamy Dark.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Velveeta99 (13) - Madison, Wisconsin, USA - OCT 13, 2002
A quality find. The Leinie’s Dark is a real winner if you’re into dunkels like I am. Hearty and the best thing I’ve had since Calumet.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
soulrefugee (46) - Illinois, USA - OCT 11, 2002
Hey! It works for me! Hearty enough to convince me that its got body, bitter enough to convince me the brewer put some hops in it, and most of all its got sufficient flavor and kick to satisfy me that I got my money’s worth. Leinenkugels knows what they’re doing with this and their octoberfest, which is a completely different story and style, but the point is, Leinenkugels seems to be able to produce quality at a good price.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
zborgerd (187) - Illinois, USA - OCT 3, 2002
UPDATED: MAY 10, 2003 Not bad for a Miller product. It's the best deal on tap at a local BW3 on Sunday nights. Dark with a bit of bite. Chocolate, coffee, and malted- but not sweet. Not very creamy though. A little wattery.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
badgerben (4502) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - SEP 30, 2002
It’s a good dark brew. It has some kick to it, but I’d prefer Guinness or Murphy’s. Still, not too shabby.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Inveigler (371) - Ferndale, Michigan, USA - SEP 29, 2002
Better than anticipated but, must admit, I went in with very little hope. Nice and dark with quite a thick head. Roasted aroma with a tad of coffee and chocolate. I concur with the majority of the posting that this is way too watery for its appearance. Sort of like watching a muscle bound oaf failing to bench press 100 pounds ... the flavor just doesn’t meet the promise. Still, I have to admit, that this was a decent brew. A dark beer that I could drink more than 2 per drinking session.