overall
Serve in Dimpled mug, Stein

RATINGS: 643   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.67   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
A traditional Marzen brewed with 2-Row Pale, Caramel, and Munich malts. The malts give it a hearty character and deep amber color. Tettnanger and Perle hops provide a well-balanced, drinkable finish prefect for Fall celebrations.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
OD40oz (773) - Box Elder, South Dakota, USA - NOV 10, 2004
I thought this was pretty good as most of Leinenkugels beers are. I saw it at a gas station and had to have it. Can’t seem to find many more Leinie beers around here.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
awaller05 (305) - Sharon, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 7, 2004
Nothing special here as it is a typical big brewmakers version of a special brew. Wouldn’t go to far out of the way to get this one.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
Cornfield (5452) - Oak Forest, Illinois, USA - NOV 1, 2004
Only the label identified this as a Marzen for me. Nice orange color with almost no trace of a head. Sweetish aroma, but I couldn’t tell where it was coming from. Nice full body. Not a lot of flavor - some sweet maltiness and trace amounts of hop bitterness. Non-offensive.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
JoeM500 (1902) - Crown Point, Indiana, USA - NOV 1, 2004
Leines fest: Orange dark red. Nose is malty, but faint. First sip is watery. Not much a representative of the style. Still crafted better than most American Standards, no adjunctness or graininess. Light and refreshing, but not something I’ll pick up again. I do like the new packaging and attitude from these guys. Most stuff is pretty much light, thin examples of the styles that they claim to be.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
MAP (1133) - Lakewood, Ohio, USA - OCT 30, 2004
The aroma has a pasta-like smell that is not too wonderful. It has a decent amber color but not much of a head. The palate is respectful for a lager, it has a reasonable bite, but nothing that makes this beer standout. The flavor is about as lackluster.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
badgerben (4386) - Blaine, Minnesota, USA - OCT 14, 2004
Reddish brown color with a solid, creamy head. Musty aroma. Dusty malt flavor. A good example, but nothing terribly special.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
flemdawg (530) - Naples, Florida, USA - OCT 13, 2004
A typical malty aroma of the style, not exciting, but I did get some carmel in there. Reddish orange color with a decent sized white head and some lacing. Sweet malty taste that did not do much for me. Considering the source of the beer, I got exactly what I expected, which wasnt much at all.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
jollyraider (252) - Los Angeles, California, USA - OCT 12, 2004
Meh... Sour malt, sour hops. My first of the style and it doesn’t make me want to try more. One of the not so good Leinies.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
FROTHINGSLOSH (4831) - GREENSBURG, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 9, 2004
UPDATED: SEP 4, 2011 I am not a huge fan of this brewer. This was my first try of this particular brew and I doubt that I will try it again.+++ Sampled from a 12 oz brown bottle this beer poured a bronze color with a medium tan head. There was a strong sour malt aroma. The flavor was light sour malt. It was drier than it smelled. It generally tasted like a typical macro with just a slightly stronger malt body. Disappointing.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
walleye (1066) - Sterling Heights, Michigan, USA - OCT 9, 2004
poured a reddish copper with off white head. this is a middle of the pack octorberfest for me nothing special and nothing bad. aroma and flavors about the same as any other octoberfest beers