overall
Serve in Dimpled mug, Stein

RATINGS: 659   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.67   SEASONAL: Autumn   EST. CALORIES: 153   ABV: 5.1%
A traditional Marzen brewed with 2-Row Pale, Caramel, and Munich malts. The malts give it a hearty character and deep amber color. Tettnanger and Perle hops provide a well-balanced, drinkable finish prefect for Fall celebrations.

neooldie (8) - Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin, USA - AUG 14, 2007 does not count
Very suprised this isn’t rated higher. I love the Oktoberfest beers and I’ve had many in my day and this one is still my favorite. One of the few beers my father and I agree on being top of the line!

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
Falconseye8 (542) - Evans, Colorado, USA - SEP 8, 2003
UPDATED: MAY 29, 2004 Just as good as Capital Fest. Marzens must just be my cup of tea. I don't know what years you other guys have had for Oktoberfest. 2003 is great. I'm going to stockpile this. I really really like it. Downgrading this one just a little bit. Fest however is still the best.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
greystreet80 (191) - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - SEP 7, 2002
This stuff is great, one of the best marzens i have ever had. It is full and flavored, but not too heavy.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
kosko20 (350) - Hopewell Junction, New York, USA - SEP 16, 2008
Totally against the grain for this. When I think Oktoberfest, I think of pumpkins, sweet potatoes, and a brew that is a resemblance of that. This one does an awesome job of balancing pumpkins, sweet potatoes (tho might be brewed with them, the flavor of them is there), malts, caramel, and yeast. Pour is a deep orange with an off white head. Mouthfeel is medium, decent carb, and finishes semi-sweet. This impressed me big time.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
maltdog (617) - Colorado, USA - OCT 10, 2008
I’m surprised at the conflicting ratings... there might be some QC issues?? Rich orangey bronze color with amazing clarity, thin soapsud head and scant lace. Props for a stunning label. Absolutely amazing toasted malt nose evokes pie crust and cheerios. Flavor mimics and surpasses the aroma, adding hints of toasted pumkin seeds and the clean earthy sense of logs rotting in a damp forest. That’s only the second or third "10" for taste I’ve given in 400+ ratings. The beer finishes with the gentlest kiss of bitterness and an impression of stewed fruits. A merely adequate palate… a little flabby and “stale” … is my only complaint. Probably the finest ’fest I’ve tasted.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
OldJack99 (114) - USA - NOV 24, 2002
Caramel and malty good Oktoberfest

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
soopdog (5) - duluth, Minnesota, USA - DEC 10, 2006 does not count
An American "Oktoberfest" that actually vaguely tastes German. Not quite Spaten but a lot cheaper. Keep it coming, Jake L.!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
Drinkinbrews (35) - Wisconsin, USA - OCT 28, 2010
Great seasonal beer. Thick foam with a malty-scent. Tastes like linenkugels original with more of a hoppy taste, the carmel taste is also very noticeable, and enjoyable. Smooth, goes down easy (careful!). Picked up a 6 pack for a reasonable price and am very pleased. Happy Fall!.

Steve2256 (10) - Lathrup Village, Michigan, USA - NOV 15, 2012
This beer is better than rated. It's kind of a blend of Honey Brown and Sam's Oktoberfest. The sweetness is nice but not overpowering. If you like a beer with a little molasses sweetness, you may just like this beer. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Shanebrews (175) - Texas, USA - NOV 24, 2012
Is there such a thing as bad Marzen? Leinenkugel’s brews a straight-forward presentation of the style. I find the color pleasing and enticing, the nose about right, and it goes down smooth. It’s not the best but it’s good.