overall

RATINGS: 493   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.1/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Leinenkugel’s Snowdrift Vanilla Porter is a robust and velvety addition to Leinenkugel’s seasonal selection. This porter-style beer is aged on real vanilla to reveal rich layers of caramel, coffee and chocolate that is ideal for the season.

coldbrewky's rating

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
coldbrewky (1673) - Hippetown East, New York, USA - NOV 17, 2012
Beers just fall into place sometimes. This one did for sure. You see dear readers, the other day my Wife decided to continue doing work outside even though she had tweaked her knee earlier in the day. The end result of this was that she blew out her tweaked knee and injured the other. Great, I thought, now I will have to finish the work outside, and abandon all the great basement projects. I was only partially correct. Not only do I have to cater to the crippled Wife, I was sent to the store yesterday with a list. Yes, intrepid readers, me with a list, at the store. As I assembled the listed victuals, I like any self respecting male tripled the order with items seldom seen in my household. As I was searching for the last item on the list..."diet tooth paste" I found myself standing in front of the refrigerated six pack section. This was the only beer that didst look to be total crap so I bought it. Consumed during the microwave shelf installation project last evening. I believe that this may be my longest preamble to a beer rating to date. Bottle: Consumed directly from bottle. A strong sweet nose of sweet dark malt and a hint of vanilla. Body is slick and long lasting. Chocolate malt and milk swirl. Body seems to have two levels of increasing sweetness. Vanilla and a touch of caramel appear about half way thru the "sweet experience". Finish is abrupt. A decent sweet porter that barely stands apart from the rest.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
bartzluke (589) - Oklahoma, USA - JUN 29, 2016
12 oz pour from chilled bottle into tulip. Light brown, opaque, nice foamy head. Not as dark as I typically like my porters though. Nose us roasty with a hint of chocolate. Body is thin-to-medium. Taste is bitter up front with a sweet finish. Chocolate and caramel

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
oldrtybastrd (4951) - Fort Walton Beach, Florida, USA - MAY 13, 2016
Pours a very dark brown with brown head. Chocolate aroma, as well as caramel. Sweet taste with notes of caramel, chocolate, and roasted malts.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
fordest (2386) - Santee/San Diego, California, USA - FEB 24, 2016
From the bottle at a friend’s house for dinner and beer tasting. Nice dark pour with minimal head. good roasted malts and classic porter with a good touch of vanilla.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
unclefrito62 (56) - Stow, Ohio, USA - FEB 15, 2016
I love this beer. It is easy to drink smells like malty with a little vanilla. I love the appearance dark and deep Smooth very smooth. I love this on my tongue You can taste the vanilla for sure. Overall this is one of my favorite drinking beers in the wintertime. Yum!

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
Stampion (233) - Washington, Washington DC, USA - FEB 6, 2016
Bottle. Pours black with no head. Not overly vanilla, decent flavor of vanilla and toffee. Somehow, the beer seems thin to me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
tbunting75 (42) - - JAN 23, 2016
Pleasantly subtle vanilla on the nose, flavor reads more bourbon/booze with just enough roasted malt.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
Germanalvarez (26) - Florida, USA - JAN 19, 2016

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
keepersj12 (3057) - Sicklerville, New Jersey, USA - JAN 17, 2016
Nice dark brown with a tan head. The aroma is oddly fruity. The flavor has a lot of vanilla with coffee and chocolate in the background. Nicely balanced with a long lasting finish. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
George2Tall (34) - - JAN 16, 2016
Pours dark brown with a small tan head. Mild flavor, with mild vanilla after taste. As a porter I was expecting a stronger, bolder flavor. The beer was refreshing and pleasant. ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

AROMA 2/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
Luvystypotables (1559) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - JAN 16, 2016
A faint malt aroma, pours a dark brown with a short lasting tan head. A watery feel with a slightly sweet vanilla malt taste. A sweet vanilla finish.