overall
Serve in Shaker

RATINGS: 1043   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.6/5   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Beer with natural lemonade flavor.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 7/20
smerkinb (5) - Morrisville, North Carolina, USA - JUL 30, 2008 does not count
It was a steamy hot day and I had been looking forward to this refreshing beer. Pale lemon color with a 1.5" head making a quick appearance. Smell immediately transported me to a fresh cut lawn with a lemonade in hand. So did the taste. I almost winced. Checked the bottle to be sure it was a beer and not a Smirnoff. Sickeningly sweet, my stomach hurt before I finished it. Might be tempted to substitute this for Minute Maid next time, but not for a summer wheat beer.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
bluemooner (657) - East Bethel, Minnesota, USA - JUL 28, 2008
UPDATED: MAR 29, 2009 Pours a cloudy yellow color with small head. Tastes basically like lemonade with some grains. A decent shandy though it is not my favorite style.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 8/20
punkeedo (498) - Covington, Louisiana, USA - JUL 27, 2008
I must admit that my rating is unfair. I was not aware of the concept of a "shandy" when I drank this beer. I simply thought, "This tastes like beer watered down with lemonade." I clearly will need to try it again for a more fair rating.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Ratman197 (12954) - Arvada, Colorado, USA - JUL 25, 2008
Bottle poured a cloudy yellow with a small lingering white head. Aromas of lemon and bread dough. Palate was light bodied and crisp with a dry finish. Flavors of lemon, bread and light cookie with a crisp drt lemony finish.

A great summer session beer on a hot day!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 9/20
douglas88 (8166) - Portland, Oregon, USA - JUL 22, 2008
On tap somewhere in Illinois. Pours a clear gold color with a foamy white head. The aroma is full of lemons and wheat. The taste was similar; a semi-sour lemon and tons of sweet malts and wheat. Decent. A thirst quencher.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 10/20
Holdwine (1159) - Beertimore, Maryland, USA - JUL 22, 2008
Actually somewhat enjoyable, even though it doesn’t taste like beer....which I guess is the point. A refreshing lemonade is how I would market it. Perfect on that ultra hot day. But beer? No.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
KWhip (3) - , USA - JUL 21, 2008 does not count
If you are a fan of seasonal brews, this is a must try! Great lemon taste on the palate. Very refreshing... I would purchase again!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
alexkeil (20) - New York, USA - JUL 20, 2008
Had this out of the bottle at a barbeque...perfect for such a setting. I had heard that germans like to mix lemonade with beer and coke with beer but never had the opportunity to try it - I imagine this is similar. This can be a bit light and sweet for most beer drinkers but a good choice if you don’t know what you’re in the mood for: beer or a mixed drink

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
Ron (3507) - Rochester, New York, USA - JUL 19, 2008
I just had one and drank it right out of the bottle so I could not observe it in a glass. Nice lemon aroma. Big flavor of lemons but the wheat from the Weiss beer was also noted. Good mix of flavors. Very enjoyable on a hot day. I’ll try it again with a glass.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 6/20
mwelsh13 (499) - Maryland, USA - JUL 19, 2008
Cloudy yellow pour. Overwhelming lemon aroma and flavor. Lemonade with some wheat in it. Interesting take, but not a beer. More of a malt beverage.