overall
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 891   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.56   SEASONAL: Summer   EST. CALORIES: 126   ABV: 4.2%
Beer with natural lemonade flavor.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
grimreeser (797) - Minnesota, USA - MAY 2, 2007
Poured into a shaker, I don’t think it’d look much better in a flute. Looks like lemonade, smells like lemonade with a little bit of a wet dog smell. A little too sour for me. Want me to save you one OG?

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
drywallman (325) - Lake in the Hills, Illinois, USA - APR 30, 2007
This had a solid off white head as expected from a weissen based beer. I could taste the grainy wheat, a little coriander, slight hops, and then the lemon ’top end.’ I got a deal at the Supermarket on two six packs, and it was going fast. Something new, and it looks like it will be refreshing on a hot day. It’s OK.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
incutrav (577) - Woodbury, Minnesota, USA - APR 30, 2007
This was certainly better then i thought it would be. Doesnt overpower with the lemon taste, but tastes more like a miller lite with a bunch of lemons dropped in it. I only drank half a bottle of this and that was good enough. The girls were drinking it on a 80 degree day last weekend and they were big fans of it. still rather see em drink this then BMC garbage. I could see this might be refreshing as its borderline mikes lemonade type thing, so maybe if its ungodly hot and i have nothing else to drink, and i dont have any of my own urine left to quench myself, then summer shandy will do!

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
jpm30 (1587) - East Central, Georgia, USA - APR 28, 2007
From a twist-off 12 oz. bottle with a freshness date on the neck of bottle, sampled a cool cellar temperature in a pint glass. Poured a cloudy pale golden yellow with a frothy, rocky, creamy white head, decent retention, small amount of laced sticking. Had a sugary lemonade nose with a light amount of cereal grains. Good moderate carbonation and a softly crisp, dry, creamy smooth medium bodied mouthfeel. Tasted better than I was expecting, from the nose I was expecting a sickly sweet lemonade flavor, it actually has a nice balance of flavors, softly sweet lemonade with a sour lemon acidity towards the end, cereal grains and powdery white bread dough that keeps the lemonade flavor in check, and a dry sour lemon, sweet malty finish. This is a decent lawnmower beer, I tried right after I cut the grass today and thought it was surprisingly refreshing, not at all awful.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 13/20
JK (4283) - St. Louis Park, Minnesota, USA - APR 28, 2007
Not bad. Lots of sweet lemon flavor. It hardly even tastes like beer at all. Definitely sweet with lots of citrus, light, and thirst quenching.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 13/20
GeneralGao (3614) - Iowa City, Iowa, USA - APR 25, 2007
12 oz bottle. Poured a cloudy whitish yellow color. Looked like a cloudy glass of lemonade. Head was white and reduced to a thin film. Some decent lace was left on the glass at the end. Distinct lemony aroma with an occasional whiff of cereal grain. Slightly sweet on the tongue with delicate acidity. Well balanced lemon and fresh malty cereal grain flavors. Not my favorite style, but I was pleasantly surprised by this one.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 7/20
PattyBoy (302) - North Liberty, Iowa, USA - APR 24, 2007
Pours hazy yellow, kind of looks like pineapple juice. Aroma is lemons. Flavor is mild lemonade. Taste like a light beer with lemonade added to it. Not overly sweet. This seems to be the kind of brew Leinie’s wants to produce now, sweet and fruity.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
gws57 (1274) - Saint Charles, Illinois, USA - APR 22, 2007
Thanks Jim! Had this one bottled. Bright yellow pour with a thick, white head. Pronounced nose of citrus, especially lemon, nearly medicinal in nature. Sweet and tart, beer flavor is somewhat understated. Very light, very refreshing, good to avoid if you want something that tastes like beer, though.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 11/20
tennisjoel (1154) - Rochester, Minnesota, USA - APR 21, 2007
If I didn’t know better, I’d have thought I’d ordered a lemonade based on the aroma. Nose is tart lemon and not much else. Unique flavor, although very one dimensional. I believe this is supposed to be a wheat beer, but you really can’t tell. Basically a lager with some lemon flavor added. The lemon doesn’t totally take over in the taste, but I don’t want to be sipping on an average leine’s lager beer with some added lemon. I didn’t expect much, but somehow this still was a let down. Oh well, I probably won’t be ordering this again. There are better summer alternatives for refreshing brews.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
1FastSTi (3282) - Glendale, Wisconsin, USA - APR 19, 2007
Tap. The beer pours to a hazy/murky putrid yellow colored body with a thin white head. I don’t like the color. The aroma is really faint. Slight notes of wheat, lemon, and coriander. The flavor is heavy on sugared lemon fruit and slight lemon zest. Moderately toasty. Reminds me of lemon drop candies. Subtle coriander. Average nondescript body.