overall
Serve in Shaker, Weizen

RATINGS: 1209   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.91   EST. CALORIES: 147   ABV: 4.9%
If you've ever experienced a Northwoods sunset, you know it's a moment unlike any other. So instead of putting it into words, we captured the Northwoods' finest moment in every batch of our all-new Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat. Brewed with malted wheat, Cluster hops and natural coriander, Sunset Wheat has a soothing taste that will leave you speechless. It's like your very own sunset in a bottle.

beerfinder1's rating

1.2
   AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 2/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 4/20
beerfinder1 (47) - PHILADELPHIA, Pennsylvania, USA - AUG 28, 2007
One of the worst wheat beers that I ever tried. Very sweet taste with no character.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
BeerKurve (430) - - APR 8, 2014
Hazy Orange, no head, no lacing and high carbonation Aroma of malted wheat, and berry fruitness. Very fruity flavor with notes of pale and wheated malts. Light body and heavily carbonated. Decent flavor and very refreshing.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 12/20
rumproasts (2549) - Grand Rapids, Michigan, USA - MAR 31, 2014
bottle. Golden with small head. Very generic wheat beer with some fruitiness. Lightly sweet wheat. I wonder who this would appeal to. It doesn’t really do anything for me, yet there’s nothing really wrong with it.

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
hockeybeerguy (909) - Juneau, Alaska, USA - MAR 23, 2014
Reviewed from notes. The appearance was a hazy golden/orange/light brown colored body with no head whatsoever, lacing is spotty and leaves no rings. There is a fair amount of carbonation surfacing. I’m just wondering what is that floating around within the brew? I have no clue. The smell had some blueberry, orange and wheat, kinda like fruity pebbles. The taste had the previously mentioned flavors come back but with a bit of lemon and lime. The palate was about a light to medium, slightly sessionable, extreme fruity aftertaste, wet fruity finish, fair amount of carbonation hitting the tongue. Overall, just a fruit/vegetable beer that doesn’t really go with anything, was a decent dessert beer on my back deck watching the sun go down on a Spring evening, could be a decent "crossover" for a malt drinker to turn to beer.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 15/20
TirpChirp (13) - New Jersey, USA - MAR 20, 2014
Fruity pebbles. Yes fruity pebbles that will get you drunk and tastes great. nomnomnomnom

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
bropgh (21) - Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 15, 2014
Still as good as I remember it. Yes, I said good. This is a slice of nostalgia. Maybe it is because it was my first beer that wasn’t a lite or typical BMC beer. Or, it is because it reminds me of Fruity Pebbles. Either way, still as good as I remember.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
Daverappster (10) - - MAR 7, 2014
This is a great beer to enjoy in the summer. Very refreshing with a nice but not overpowering fruity taste.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 12/20
Luvystypotables (378) - Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA - MAR 1, 2014
A mild aroma of wheat and a hint of orange. Cloudy straw color no head. A mild balanced taste nothing distinctive. No palate to speak of.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 11/20
tectactoe (1167) - Michigan, USA - FEB 28, 2014
Bottle: Tainted copper, golden-peach highlights with a typically witbier haze, topped with a frothy, creamy, white head. Quite aromatic; lots of sharp lemon zest, orange peel, & fruit... Honestly, smells like a bowl of Fruity Pebbles. Light grain & wheat-y background. Stale hops. Taste has more lemon & orange with some other nebulous fruity aspect that gives of a huge Fruity Pebbles vibe still. Candied grapefruit peel... Light floral & perfume hop notes, wheat, & muddled grain in the finish. Small bitter sting in the aftertaste. This beer holds a special place in my heart, & my close friends & I were drinking this WAY before any of us were into craft beer, playing X-Box in my basement all night (some of us weren’t even 21 yet)... I’ve since left it behind, but it’s still not a bad brew & I never mind revisiting it.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
greg122 (7) - - FEB 18, 2014 does not count
Delicious undertones of oranges and coriander. Another refreshing winner from the Leinenkugel family.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 2/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
bley7211 (14) - - FEB 17, 2014
Aroma is all wheat, which can be nice for a summer night by the fire. Not much head after poured and not the clearest of beers. I usually like leine's but this is not a 6 pack I'm going to the store to buy...