overall
Serve in Dimpled mug, Stein

RATINGS: 26   MEAN: 2.78/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.77   EST. CALORIES: 162   ABV: 5.4%
To commemorate a long and courageous journey we created a special Marzen style lager with fine Munich and Vienna malts. This beer is a malty, medium-bodied brew with a light amber color, a nutty malt aroma and a crisp finish.

wjhess' rating

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 10/20
wjhess (4) - Missoula, Montana, USA - MAR 10, 2006
12 oz.bottle. Pours a light copper-orange with a small tan head. Faint malty aroma. Flavor starts light and sweet. Finishes slightly bitter, slightly tart and lemony. Hint of tea. Not bad, not my favorite. As a side note, nice six-pack and bottle artwork.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
jarndyce (38) - Florida, USA - AUG 7, 2009
Pint on draft Grand Union Hotel in Ft Benton, MT. I actually had this last year but never got around to rating it. Medium yellow color. Thick head. Nice lacing. Subtle nutty aroma. Strong malt taste. Maybe a little nutmeg at the finish. Solid session beer. Would drink this again.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
DuffMan (6886) - the land of bitumen, beef & beer, Alberta, CANADA - MAY 16, 2008
My label looks the same as pictured here, only "lager" has been changed to "amber ale". Bright copper, moderate orange-tan head. Nutty caramel aroma. Nice caramel malt, a little light on the palate, lightly hopped (fruity). Pleasant.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
mbgrayson (543) - Anaconda, Montana, USA - DEC 13, 2007
A nice, smooth Amber from Helena, Montana. Brewery website is at http://lewisandclarkbrewing.com/main.php I believe this one used to be called ’Lewis & Clark Lager".

AROMA 5/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 11/20
Hawksfan17 (890) - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - JUL 25, 2007
Pours brown with a small frothy white head. Smells of sweet nutty malt. Starts off light and sweet and becomes more dark towards the end. Notes of maybe some dark fruit and caramel and then spices at the finish giving it almost a pumpkin flavor. Thanks to my sis for picking this up in Yellowstone for me.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 12/20
beerbill (3457) - Laurel, New York, USA - SEP 6, 2006
12 oz.bottle purchased in Yellowstone Park. Pours a slightly cloudy medium amber with a small off-white head that lasted through the entire glass. Light aroma of sweet malt. Flavor starts out light and sweet and finishes every so slightly bitter. Very easy to drink.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 9/20
BeerandBlues2 (9794) - Hanover, Maryland, USA - AUG 15, 2006
Draught at 2006 Craft Lager Festival. Pours light pecan brown with a frothy tan head. Aroma is sweaty yeast, caramel malt (straw), and earth. Medium sweet caramel malt, sweaty dough yeast, buttery notes at the end. Medium bodied, thin and oily palate.

AROMA 3/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 5/20
RAYBOY01 (2012) - Chicago, Illinois, USA - JUN 13, 2006
Bottling problems??? Mine was uncharacteristically SOUR! Weird fruity-sourness implies, to me anyway, that my bottle might well have been oxidized. I almost could’nt finish it...but strangely enough, I need another one from another batch to rerate. ( I sacrifice myself a little everyday for the benefit of Ratebeer accuracy!)

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 10/20
billk (353) - Coeur d’Alene, Idaho, USA - APR 24, 2006
Tap in Virginia City, MT. Clear moderately dark amber w off white head & some lace. Flavor is sweet cooked malt & light hops with a somewhat bitter finish. If it was free I could drink it again. Not my style. Had I known it was a Marzen I would have ordered something else.

AROMA 4/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 5/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 8/20
frankenkitty (1959) - Oak Lawn, Illinois, USA - DEC 23, 2005
A mid-sized, creamy, ecru head fades over a hazy copper body, lightly peppered with yeasty bits. Aroma finds Elmer’s glue (or white paste) and boiled vegetables (cabbage). Caramel comes out as it sits, but there are also some fishy odors. Literally. Flavor starts puckery-sour with red-meat leanings and finishes more as a mildly sweet but very lemony tea. I wouldn’t go around touting this as a Märzen... I’d sooner stick with "American Dark Lager."

<font size=-4>Single bottle from <a href=http://www.worldmarket.com/costplus/findstore Plus World Market, Orland Park, IL 60462<font size=-1>