Liberty Debilitated Defender

Brewed by Liberty Brewing Co
Style: Barley Wine
Auckland, New Zealand

RATINGS: 2   MEAN: 3.6/5.0   WEIGHTED AVG: 2.96   IBU: 100   EST. CALORIES: 330   ABV: 11%
So Named as his job is to defend your sobriety. After you finish this bottle, you will note that he has somewhat failed at his job. It is thus that i reccomend you share this ale with your friends, or at least put the re-sealable cap to good use. 100+IBU

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
Jimthechap (1788) - Christchurch, NEW ZEALAND - MAR 25, 2012
I agree. I hate zork closures too. Amberish with a touch of haze, plenty of white head. Aromas first and last are of vinous grapiness. There’s malt, but I’d suggest that this beer would gain much from a few years in the bottle first. Is this the fault of it being released early or me for opening it before it is ready. I might just have to buy another bottle. Also nutmeg on the initial impression. Flavours confirm my suspicion that it is too young. Great potential though. Fresh fruit, greengages and wonderful nuttiness. Gains much from sitting on the palate. Lingering green fruit flavours. I will buy another bottle and see how it goes over time.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 13/20
omega (721) - NEW ZEALAND - MAR 23, 2012
Hate zork closures. An interesting beer. Full bodied nose which hints at sweetness. However on the front palate it is actually quite aromatic which transforms to bitterness on the back. Coats the tongue - I feel like a dog eating peanut butter.