overall
Brewed by Liefmans (Duvel-Moortgat)
Style: Sour Red/Brown
Oudenaarde, Belgium
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 1269   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.67/5   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
This classy beer represents the perfect marriage between the fresh accents and slightly acidic flavour of the black cherries. Liefmans Kriek-Brut is a mixed fermentation beer, with every hectolitre containing up to 13 kilos of fruit! Liefmans Kriek-Brut is a perfect blend of Oud Bruin and Goudenband from different vintages, and can consist of between 15 and 20 different batches of beers. The beer is matured for 18 months, bringing out the very best of its intense flavour. Liefmans Kriek-Brut is a deep reddish-brown colour, with a pale head and wood and almond notes. On the palette, you can clearly taste the slightly sweet, yet at the same time gently bitter fruit flavours. This is a beer that just oozes class…

Beerenberger (1590) - Fischer, Texas, USA - MAR 1, 2012
EXCELLENT! Beautiful garnet color with a small head. Initial strong sour taste with a note of sweetness in the middle and a effervescent finish. Very refreshing. BUY AGIN! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

leah2974 (453) - Georgia, USA - MAR 20, 2012
On draft at The Porter, Atlanta, GA. Nose is Cherry potpourri. Flavor is incredible. Sour, sweet, full mouth that reminds me of something from childhood. A certain birthday party--toy--cake---I don’t know, but wow.

hoppropgator (1) - - OCT 31, 2012 does not count
One of my first sours, very good beer really got me into this style. Had this guy on tap served in a stem glass.

MunBro (942) - St. Albert, Alberta, CANADA - DEC 7, 2013
I know the 5.0 beer rating is rare and reserved for the holy grail of brews, but that’s what Liefman’s Cuvée Brut is for me. It pours a gorgeous shade of amber and has a short lasting pink head. Smells like cherries and a hint of malt. Tons of sour cherries in the flavor, but subtle and never ever overwhelming. A dry palate which is in stark contrast to their Fruitesse (also delicious). Tons of character. I seriously cannot say enough good things about this beer. The only downside is that the cheapest I have found it for is $9.40 (CAD) a bottle but it is worth every penny.

inde3740 (6) - Breda, - AUG 5, 2014 does not count
This beer is definitely my all-time favourite. Excellent sweetness, this beer is perfect for every time of the year.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
SanfordBrewer (1449) - Sanford, Florida, USA - DEC 22, 2011
Translucent redish amber with a persistent pinkish beige head. Full body with high carbonation.

Aroma: funky lambic brett, rich tart cherries.

Taste: tart cherries, mustiness, brett sharpness, malty sweetness.

Great complexity and balance.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 20/20
cesnicek (3) - - JAN 28, 2016 does not count
On bottle.Sour cherry beer with intense dark red colour. Taste is fresh and light with good balance between sour and sweet. One of the best krieks I tasted.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Rogermoore (34) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - JUN 4, 2007
My favorite beer. Its like cherryade for adults. Never tried anything like it. I would never have thought of trying this. I am so glad someone bought it to me for my birthday. Top top Top.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
theFlyingSaucer (3) - Houston, Texas, USA - AUG 15, 2007 does not count
In my humble opinion, this is the best beer I have ever tasted. The color, the texture, the taste that explodes in your mouth. Picture a cherry pie meeting the best texture and aroma in a beer that you have ever had. I have seen this sold in 6 oz. glasses for $6 each at a few bars here in Houston. My favorite beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Pyrmir (5201) - Uppsala, SWEDEN - NOV 18, 2012
Bottle a ÖÖWF 2012. Aroma of cherries, curant and läkerol (!). Tastes tangy, cherries, sweet liquorice. Wonderful balance, wonderful beer.