overall
Brewed by Liefmans (Moortgat)
Style: Sour Red/Brown
Oudenaarde, Belgium
Serve in Snifter, Tulip, Tumbler

RATINGS: 1103   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.67   EST. CALORIES: 180   ABV: 6%
Ale brewed with cherries with natural flavor added. Contains barley malt. Wrap label: "Liefmans Cuvée - Brut is brewed only once a year, in July. After brewing freshly harvested and carefully selected cherries are blended in and the beer is cellared at the brewery. After a slow maturation of 18 months to 3 years different vintages are carefully tasted and blended to create the final result: a complex deep-red ale with refreshing balanced tart-sweet taste, strong cherry notes and sparkling carbonation."

Beerenberger (1364) - Fischer, Texas, USA - MAR 1, 2012
EXCELLENT! Beautiful garnet color with a small head. Initial strong sour taste with a note of sweetness in the middle and a effervescent finish. Very refreshing. BUY AGIN! ---Rated via Beer Buddy for iPhone

leah2974 (445) - Georgia, USA - MAR 20, 2012
On draft at The Porter, Atlanta, GA. Nose is Cherry potpourri. Flavor is incredible. Sour, sweet, full mouth that reminds me of something from childhood. A certain birthday party--toy--cake---I don’t know, but wow.

hoppropgator (1) - - OCT 31, 2012 does not count
One of my first sours, very good beer really got me into this style. Had this guy on tap served in a stem glass.

MunBro (223) - St. Albert, Alberta, CANADA - DEC 7, 2013
I know the 5.0 beer rating is rare and reserved for the holy grail of brews, but that’s what Liefman’s Cuvée Brut is for me. It pours a gorgeous shade of amber and has a short lasting pink head. Smells like cherries and a hint of malt. Tons of sour cherries in the flavor, but subtle and never ever overwhelming. A dry palate which is in stark contrast to their Fruitesse (also delicious). Tons of character. I seriously cannot say enough good things about this beer. The only downside is that the cheapest I have found it for is $9.40 (CAD) a bottle but it is worth every penny.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
SanfordBrewer (1390) - Sanford, Florida, USA - DEC 22, 2011
Translucent redish amber with a persistent pinkish beige head. Full body with high carbonation.

Aroma: funky lambic brett, rich tart cherries.

Taste: tart cherries, mustiness, brett sharpness, malty sweetness.

Great complexity and balance.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Rogermoore (34) - Edinburgh, SCOTLAND - JUN 4, 2007
My favorite beer. Its like cherryade for adults. Never tried anything like it. I would never have thought of trying this. I am so glad someone bought it to me for my birthday. Top top Top.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 19/20
theFlyingSaucer (3) - Houston, Texas, USA - AUG 15, 2007 does not count
In my humble opinion, this is the best beer I have ever tasted. The color, the texture, the taste that explodes in your mouth. Picture a cherry pie meeting the best texture and aroma in a beer that you have ever had. I have seen this sold in 6 oz. glasses for $6 each at a few bars here in Houston. My favorite beer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 20/20
Pyrmir (3190) - Uppsala, SWEDEN - NOV 18, 2012
Bottle a ÖÖWF 2012. Aroma of cherries, curant and läkerol (!). Tastes tangy, cherries, sweet liquorice. Wonderful balance, wonderful beer.

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 9/10   PALATE 5/5   OVERALL 18/20
mikeben (355) - Naperville, Illinois, USA - AUG 14, 2003
UPDATED: JUN 12, 2004 Smells like fine wine. Tastes a little wine like as well. All in all very good but I wish the cherries used were the sweet rather than sour. It has a tart almost cranberry like taste. I have to agree it is very refreshing and light with comlex flavoring. If you like wine this may become a fave. For me I think it is excellent but lindemans is notably better

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 10/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 19/20
kimcgolf (872) - Dacula, Georgia, USA - OCT 5, 2006
Pours from the bottle to a hazy, lght copper color with off-white head that lingedrs well and reduces to very good lacing on the glass. Excellent aroma of sour dark fruit, mixed with vinegar and cherries. Taste and finish are a perfect Flemish Sour.....sour cherry fruit on the front end, followed by a long sweet palate on the end. This is a damn good beer!!!