Brewed by Liefmans (Duvel-Moortgat)
Style: Fruit Beer
Oudenaarde, Belgium
Serve in Flute, Shaker

RATINGS: 422   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.49/5   SEASONAL: Winter   EST. CALORIES: 195   ABV: 6.5%

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Fantomas23 (463) - Pewaukee, Wisconsin, USA - MAY 22, 2006
For whatever reason, I really couldn’t wait to try this beer. Is it because I like cherries? Or possibly the novel idea of a beer served warm? I had it served more than warm (piping hot) in a ceramic mug. Very soothing cherry and cinnamon fragrance. Served with a sugar packet. Once I was halfway through, I sprinkled a touch of sugar into the mug. It added another layer of sweetness. I’d take this over mulled wine anyday as a winter warmer.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 1/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 1/5   OVERALL 13/20
ross (2146) - weddington, North Carolina, USA - MAY 7, 2006
I wanted to like this one, but I do not think I was in the mood to drink these kind of beers. Perhaps something I would try again, but I was not very impressed regardless. Pours out brown with no head, I figured it was dead, but there was a very faint, almost unnoticable presence of carbonation in it. Smells like apple juice with cherries in it. Taste is very similar, with the sourness from the cherries blending well with the sweet apples. Not bad, but I do prefer to have a little bit of carbonation in my beer, otherwise it reminds me too much of wine. If I want wine, Ill drink wine. High marks on taste and smell, bad on palate and appearance.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
tronraner (2459) - Walland, Tennessee, USA - MAY 4, 2006
Bottle (’97). Pours cloudy dark amber. The aroma is brown sugar, cherries, dark honey, and maybe some wildflowers. The flavor is tart cherries and apples, but not harsh at all. A honeylike sweetness drifts all the way through. There’s a sour kick in the finish (almost like a fresh lime), but mellows quickly. The aftertaste is wood, sugar, and mild cheese. Very drinkable, especially for a style of which I am not very fond.

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 4/10   PALATE 2/5   OVERALL 13/20
SB (334) - Pennsylvania, USA - MAR 25, 2006
Cork-1998. From Bottle

Dark pour. Aroma of cinnamon and apple, just like grandma’s homemade apple pie. Alcohol present in aroma, almost overpowering. Flavor of overpowering cinnamon, and alcohol. I got strong whiskey flavors from it. Sour aftertaste. I couldn’t finish. I really wanted to like this, but couldn’t.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Dickinsonbeer (5074) - Hoboken, New Jersey, USA - MAR 19, 2006
Thanks to Slander for sharing this one at HWOH. Bottle 97-98. I think the wrapper said 98 and the cork 97 or vice versa. Either way, this was pretty old. Pours a slightly cloudy dull red/ wierd brown with no head. Aroma is spiced with lots of apple and cinnamon, ginger, and a cherry-pie like characteristic from the wild yeast and bacteria. Light lactic and acedic acid throughout the flavor, slightly oxidized wet cardboard, some old fruits, more spice, some soy sauce, and moderately sweet. Finish is a bit sour, but not too much, astringent and sweet but tart.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 17/20
willblake (2654) - Bel Air, Maryland, USA - MAR 13, 2006
03.12.06 1997 bottle thanks to Slander at HW OH. I’m really impressed with how well this beer held up, although a number of noses were turned up when other folks tasted this brew. Spicy aroma like pie and cherries and potpourri. The body has mostly become still, but a nice oily feel is slick and coating, a nice combination with the spice. Sweet, still oozing delicious cherry. Quick, spicy finish. Only mild touches of cork and slight musty signs of age. I would love to try this again after another decade.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
Dorqui (2196) - Brescia, ITALY - MAR 7, 2006
Evanescent and little dense head, of difficult formation. Dark red color, much intense and impenetrable one. Rich and sweetish scent with notes of candy, sour black cherry and cherry’s juice. Soft and lightly mellow taste; a lot balanced and perfumed even if excessive sweet on the end, nearly red fruit’s syrup.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
RichardGretton (4653) - Leicestershire, ENGLAND - FEB 28, 2006
Bottle. Dull brownish red beer with a cinnamon and fruity aroma and a cherry, spiced and cinnamon flavour. Overall an OK beer.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
omhper (23713) - Tyresö, SWEDEN - FEB 27, 2006
Bottled. Muddy cherry red. Aroma of cloves and cinnamon with plenty of cherries. Sweet and intensely fruity, served cold it reveals juicy fresh citricity, while warm the focus shifts to the spices and the alcohol. This is a really good beer, but surprisingly it falls slighty short in a comparison with the more intense copy Quelque Chose.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
GarethYoung (1111) - Glasgow, SCOTLAND - FEB 24, 2006
[bottle from Clockwork] Served hot. Bit aroma of cherrys spiced with nutmeg and cinnamon. full body, finish is dry and tart.