overall
Brewed by Brouwerij Lindemans
Style: Lambic Style - Fruit
St Pieters Leeuw-Vlezenbeek, Belgium

RATINGS: 906   WEIGHTED AVG: 3.39   EST. CALORIES: 105   ABV: 3.5%
Lindemans Cassis is a lambic made from local barley, unmalted wheat, and wild yeast. After spontaneous fermentation the lambic is aged in oak. Black currants are added creating a secondary fermentation and yielding an ale of exceptional flavor and complexity.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 16/20
JPDIPSO (4956) - Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA - NOV 6, 2003
Deep cherry/mohagany color with a pink/beige dense head. Strong aromas of fruit: Blackberries, blueberries, cranberries and currants. Additional strong nose of goldenrod in the fall, I could nearly sneeze. Sweet tart berry flavors. Really is quite crisp and clean in the finish. This shall be the brew with dinner this thanksgiving.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 16/20
jgb9348 (4633) - Arlington (Pentagon City), Virginia, USA - NOV 3, 2003
Rating #750:
Dark violet colour with a light purple head. Pure black currant aroma, very potent with that almost minty (wintergreen) aroma and a pungent tartness and sweetness. Medium to Light-bodied; Strong carbonation; Potent black currant flavour with a slight maltiness. Aftertaste tart and subtley sweet from the fruit. Overall, this is exactly like how I expected it to be. Maybe I'm a sucker for these fruity lambics, but I really enjoy them! Black currants truly make this one a treat. I bought this twelve ounce bottle at Beers of the World in Rochester, New York and sampled it on 02-November-2003.

AROMA 9/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 17/20
Jayb0 (994) - Cherry Hill, New Jersey, USA - NOV 1, 2003
Very nice, tartness is firm but not overwhelming. Currants come through giving this a unique fruit character. My favorite, I think, of the lindeman's lambics

AROMA 10/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
archstanton (105) - mukilteo, Washington, USA - OCT 24, 2003
very tart and very sweet and also very fuity tasting.also it goes down really smooth.try it

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
HH (165) - Everett, Washington, USA - OCT 23, 2003
Strange but not bad, I've had just about thier entire line but this was the first time I've ever ran across this and figured I'd try it. Tart, fruity and entirely quaffable as I recall. At the time I was about a 7 on the buzz scale. Worth trying...

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 14/20
whaleman (2178) - North Wales, Pennsylvania, USA - OCT 19, 2003
Hazy, dark ruby color with aroma of currants, cherries, and organic mustiness. Nice earthy fruit flavor. Tart and sweet, but not overly so in either case. Very smooth drinking. Second only to the peach among the Lindemans fruit lambics in my book.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 3/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 15/20
DougShoemaker (3147) - Toronto, Ontario, CANADA - OCT 16, 2003
Full mixed fruit bouquet, cherry red, pours a large pink head. Great taste of berries. Not overly sweet, dry. Wonderful!

AROMA 6/10   APPEARANCE 4/5   TASTE 6/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 15/20
Ringo (963) - Loveland, Colorado, USA - OCT 14, 2003
Sort of an unfair rating, because I did not relize before drinking this that I do not like the taste or aroma of black currants.

AROMA 8/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 8/10   PALATE 4/5   OVERALL 18/20
PrinceofNessus (236) - Norman, Oklahoma, USA - OCT 4, 2003
Though I'm no good judge of lambics yet, I did enjoy this one. The beer is garnet in color, with a frothy pink head. It tastes throughly of currant.

AROMA 7/10   APPEARANCE 5/5   TASTE 7/10   PALATE 3/5   OVERALL 14/20
BückDich (5464) - McCall, Idaho, USA - SEP 21, 2003
Dark ruby red like a merlot. Purple head with lots of purple lacing. Smells like cherry sucrets or dark cherry shasta. Lightly tart flavor with some overlaying sourness with subtle ease. A nice fruit balance but a trad on the cloying side. Finishes cloying but tart enough to offset some of it. Easy to drink even with this though. Interesting lambic, really reminds me of when I used to grind up cherry sucrets and make cherry sour-throat smoothies.